First and Second day on the Shore

Nov. 27, 2013, 11:19 p.m.

As a British Columbian I've always wanted to ride the shore. I've been riding bikes for 12 years now, so it's somewhat shameful that I only just had my first go at the Shore (only Fromme, thus far). All of my riding has been in the Okanagan and Nelson areas. I've hit 30% of Okanagan trails, and 90% of Nelson (Though it seems there is so many secret trails, I'm sure these figures are debatable.)

Anyway, to the meat of the post: Your trails rock! I Rode Bobsled, Floppy Bunny, Espresso, 7th Secret(?), Upper Oilcan, Grannies (Although it seemed to merge with Espresso, so not sure what I was riding exactly) and of course Dempsey. I was psyched on all of them, although the sudden, sharp turns definitely bit me in the ass a couple of times. I'm stoked to be able to explore these trails in the next few months, even if I'm at the mercy of winter/ potential snowfall.

On the part of espresso where the flat-ish rock face is, I noticed some fresh trail to the right, so I went and rode it not thinking much about it. I'm SO sorry, as I was riding, I realized from the lack of tire marks that I was poaching something that was yet to be completed. Way fresher than I had thought it was. I risked my life and avoided hitting my brakes to keep it as clean as possible, and felt guilty the entire time if that makes the builder(s) feel any better (I genuinely did feel super guilty). Someone gets beer if (a) that's considered poaching and (b) if you are pissed.

I'll keep an eye out for build days, too. I'm definitely keen to throw in a hand and build/maintain some trails. My days off are Tuesday and Wednesday, though, so I hope that aligns with a build day. If it doesn't, can someone PM me if they need an extra hand? I'm not new to trail building, but I'm also not an expert. I'm also not weak, and make an excellent pack-mule substitute.

Cheers guys, impressively built/ labelled trails, from what I've seen so far. Can't wait to check out some more.

Nov. 28, 2013, 12:25 a.m.

Awesome. you just missed the NSMBA AGM tonight. That's where these trails came from.

The best way to get in touch is to become a member. Trail pass level at the minimum, or a full member if you're really stoked! Facebook friend if you just want to keep in touch.

http://nsmba.ca/join

http://nsmba.ca/trail-pass

https://www.facebook.com/nsmba

Nov. 28, 2013, 12:50 p.m.

On the part of espresso where the flat-ish rock face is, I noticed some fresh trail to the right, so I went and rode it not thinking much about it.

That section was built on sunday at the nsmb trail day. By the end of the day we were pulling people from the main trail to test it out, so I doubt anyone would mind you riding it.

On that topic, what did you think of the berm? (the really tight one, kind of the biggest thing on there right now, hard to miss).

Nov. 28, 2013, 5:49 p.m.

On that topic, what did you think of the berm? (the really tight one, kind of the biggest thing on there right now, hard to miss).

Ah yes, I remember that. I didn't find it overly tight or anything, and over-all it was a really smooth corner. Finely built.

Dec. 1, 2013, 11:03 a.m.

Ah yes, I remember that. I didn't find it overly tight or anything, and over-all it was a really smooth corner. Finely built.

yeah, I was working on that berm, and all day we were all thinking "this is going to be shit" but by the end of the day it was looking up, and Digger has (apparently) been working hard on it.