Favorite Fall and Winter Trails

Oct. 26, 2011, 9:39 p.m.

Anything on Cypress? I've never riddin there so why not get lost in the rain

I'm happy to get outside and enjoy nature while I can, but I fear for the future of humanity

Oct. 26, 2011, 10 p.m.

didn't you just close a trail down for the winter to prevent erosion:crazy:

not being a jerk, but I'm confused

some trails (on the map) need to be bedded in and down to bedrock/solid ground.

others (not) need to stay nice and soft and will never stay that way if people keep riding them in the wet season.

Exactly.

If bitchecutioner could be successfully closed then I'd say go for it but that closure would never be respected. So you do the next best thing, fix the eroded sections later.

Looking to ride the shore but don't know where to go?

Get a copy of the Locals Guide to North Shore Rides!

Follow MTB Trails on Twitter

Follow Sharon and Lee on Twitter

Oct. 26, 2011, 10:06 p.m.

Gearjammer was running mint tonight! Think I'm going to make it one of my regulars for the winter.

Oct. 26, 2011, 10:30 p.m.

looking forward to seeing what executioner looks like after the winter, we're only in october and it's rutted to insanity.

the closure might not be respected by all but it would definitely stop a large portion of the traffic heading down there.

heck that executioner to dreamweaver line is a waste-a-time anyway.

better off riding seventh to pipeline or somesuch.

Oct. 26, 2011, 10:36 p.m.

looking forward to seeing what executioner looks like after the winter, we're only in october and it's rutted to insanity.

the closure might not be respected by all but it would definitely stop a large portion of the traffic heading down there.

heck that executioner to dreamweaver line is a waste-a-time anyway.

better off riding seventh to pipeline or somesuch.

Haha.

But in all seriousness, I'm going to time my newcutioner rides after it has been dry for a few days, or frozen. I have 0 interest riding that trail in the wet.

Oct. 30, 2011, 11:12 p.m.

7th to pipeline was very managable on saturday. One bloody skinny got me twice on pipeline. Its got no turn till the very end, proably bout 10 inches wide or so, but right at the end you have to turn right a little bit, while at the same time its angled the opposite way then the way your turning. Plus, its got a little bounce that just tops it off. Both times went down right at the turn. ( it would be such an easy fix to adjust that. Pop a few rungs off and put a spacer peice between the rungs and the main support, have'er angled the right way. ) Time for some better rainy weather gear.

I'm happy to get outside and enjoy nature while I can, but I fear for the future of humanity

Nov. 2, 2011, 11:26 a.m.

In the fall/winter months I like cypress. Shore play, 5th Horseman, sex girl and sex boy, these trails are good in the wet, lots of rock for grip. On drier fall days Sagar is also a great choice, although I dont think I'll ride it on a 4 inch bike again.

Nov. 2, 2011, 12:25 p.m.

sagar wat? Doesn't exist.

Nov. 6, 2011, 12:20 a.m.

Cypress,woodlot,Burke ,and when things get snowy Burnaby mt is a good rip.

"Looks like a Canoe with the seats kicked out of it !"

Nov. 6, 2011, 12:39 a.m.

The hike up Woodlot has got to be brutal with the amount of water runnin down on the way up.. ? Just guessing here

Nov. 6, 2011, 1:21 a.m.

sagar wat? Doesn't exist.

oh it exists. Most people wouldn't be able to find it if their lives depended on it though

:lol:

Nov. 6, 2011, 11:55 a.m.

The new Executioner is not a good option it turns out. Dreamweaver is though.

youre surprised about this?

I'm ignoring Smedley.

Nov. 6, 2011, 5:41 p.m.

Cypress for winter riding,pretty much all rock over there anyways.Or Neds,Pangor,Boggie,Empress,

Nov. 6, 2011, 7:50 p.m.

The 7th/Leppard/Crinkum lap is basically Fromme's dark side, often more icy than the south facing slope that Pipeline and Ladies are on. That said, when it's not icy, it's a good ride wherever you choose to start.

Rode, or should I say, tried to ride 7th on November 20th last year. There was about 10" of snow at the trail entrance. You'd be surprised how flat that trail is in places and even the steeper sections aren't enough to keep up the momentum in that much snow.

Get her now, before the snow starts! (Actually, I'll put this on the list for next weekend so I can check out the new trail work!

Nov. 6, 2011, 8:05 p.m.

I've ridden it twice in the past couple weeks, first on the 29er hardtail and then on my Wildcard. It was super fun to slow myself down and pluck along on the HT, and then the full sus was way smoother. Pete's been rocking in all the chundered out bits to the point that you don't even feel like some of the corners are the same!

flickr