Fat old men on nice bikes

Oct. 4, 2006, 5:44 p.m.

My 2 cents is that I'm 41 and in the big belly, bike and wallet category. Yet when I ride, I ride with 18-44 year olds. The biggest Hucks (20+ feet are done by the guys older than me). A lot of kids lose out on the enduros because they buy heavy freeride bikes and wonder why they can't pedal up and over terrain at speed. (A couple kids have 44 tooth DH rigs and ride my tail up hills while I'm huffing in Granny - not many but some).
…Point is, we ride 29s, single speeds DHs XCs All Mtns. and we ride with whoever wants to rip at the trailhead. If you can pedal and keep up, than its all good.

Save your skier-snob shit for the lift lines and keep it out of our sport. Last thing we need is more division in this world…

…Kumbaya muth3rfuck3rs!

Oct. 4, 2006, 6:06 p.m.

welcome to 3 years ago…

wow, M&M, you're a fucking dick!

don't be so politically correct, this is stacy kohut, not fucking rick hansen your talkin too……..

Oct. 4, 2006, 6:31 p.m.

welcome to 3 years ago…

:lol:
:deadhorse:

"i surf because, i"m always a better person when i come in"-Andy Irons

Oct. 4, 2006, 6:32 p.m.

I know 50+ year olds wit v10s, super8s with super monsters.. etc.

FAMILYBIKERIDE
823/Ringle rear wheel FS!
http://bb.nsmb.com/showthread.php?t=103825

i went black over two years ago and haven't gone back

Oct. 6, 2006, 4:54 p.m.

welcome to 3 years ago…

Yeh, my 24k modem just got the page….

Oct. 6, 2006, 5:54 p.m.

I know 50+ year olds wit v10s, super8s with super monsters.. etc.

yeah me too…wait I am one of them.

Oct. 6, 2006, 5:55 p.m.

yeah me too…wait I am one of them.

Me too!

Play : Comox Valley Mountain Biking - www.cvmtb.com

Oct. 6, 2006, 5:56 p.m.

Save your skier-snob shit for the lift lines and keep it out of our sport. Last thing we need is more division in this world…

…Kumbaya muth3rfuck3rs!

Well said!!!!!!!
One of the reasons I stopped skiing after 30 years…the attitude Shit just got to me…unfortunately it appears to be "creeping" into MTB as well :-((

Oct. 7, 2006, 2:43 a.m.

Isn't it all about the ride? Like in "Ride hard, ride free and save the trees?"

"You don't learn from experience. You learn from reflecting on the experience."
- Kristen Ulmer

Oct. 11, 2006, 2:19 a.m.

I like the tone this thread is taking lately . . . and hopefully it will close down soon.

Its all about individual experience and the rush needed to create peaks within one's life. 6 years old, 25, 40, or 75 . . . ride it, roll it, drop it, jump it; do it on the best bike you can grab, and if you can't do it on a bike (so sad) do it some other way. Stop whinning about what you see others doing and having and look to how you can get your own mind into explosive experiences.

enough?

fall any fall line

Oct. 11, 2006, 6:08 a.m.

I like the tone this thread is taking lately . . . and hopefully it will close down soon.

Its all about individual experience and the rush needed to create peaks within one's life. 6 years old, 25, 40, or 75 . . . ride it, roll it, drop it, jump it; do it on the best bike you can grab, and if you can't do it on a bike (so sad) do it some other way. Stop whinning about what you see others doing and having and look to how you can get your own mind into explosive experiences.

enough?

:rolleyes:

it was a friggin joke people, get over it. maybe read thru a few pages first before responding to get an idea of where the thread has gone. and guess what, if you want a thread to die, don't respond to it. by coming in here and bitching all you do is push the thread back to the top of the board.

ps - toight chics on any kind of bike rawk.

We don't know what our limits are, so to start something with the idea of being limited actually ends up limiting us.
Ellen Langer

Oct. 11, 2006, 8:06 a.m.

I'm 31 been racing motocross for 20+yrs and now just gettin into mtb. Does'nt matter when u get into it as long as your in it and having FUN. Besides all the bling really is for an older crowd, whats ma and pa gonna say when u ask um for a bike that costs a ton of loot…..sol sonny.

Oct. 13, 2006, 2:10 a.m.

point taken synchro, I'll lighten up . . . which was the only point I should have made.

fall any fall line

Oct. 13, 2006, 6:31 a.m.

point taken synchro, I'll lighten up . . . which was the only point I should have made.

just re-read my post. my apologies if i sounded a bit harsh.

We don't know what our limits are, so to start something with the idea of being limited actually ends up limiting us.
Ellen Langer

Oct. 13, 2006, 9:48 a.m.

. …Besides all the bling really is for an older crowd,…

How true!
And of course the bling does not end with the initial purchase…there are those constant maintenance costs, even for home mechanics, associated with ever increasing mechanical complexity (e.g. Fox suspension) and proprietary designs (special tools required).