Expresso Smooth question

May 6, 2013, 9:39 a.m.

Some nice rolls on Upper Oilcan.

May 6, 2013, 10:19 a.m.

I miss the bouncy log after Little Smooth. Not super hard, but if you screwed up your rhythm, the harmonics of the bounce would buck your ass off like a slingshot!

Kn.

When one person suffers from a delusion, it is called insanity.

When many people suffer from a delusion, it is called religion.

May 6, 2013, 9:11 p.m.

Great replies thanks.

What other trail stunts would you equate Expresso Smooth too?

Some that come to my mind:

1. last rock/ramp on UOC
  2. rock on 7th right before log ride exit (bypass s-turn)
  3. a-frame on Ned's

Any others?

Looking at Morgman's first pic it doesn't look as steep as it does when you stand at the top and scope it out.

I'd say the first option, except that it's a little easier. That last rock roll you kind of have to line up with the run out, but on Expresso Smooth you can't really miss it. The corner is pretty bomber now too so if you come in too hot you'll be fine.

I rode the portion after that for the first time last night since it's been worked on and it's incredible. Huge, huge props to everyone that picked up a shovel to create that flowy section of trail. Especially like the sideways rock roll down that rolls super smooth. New favourite trail on the shore.

May 8, 2013, 6:52 p.m.

hike your skirt up and throw your purse at it.

May 11, 2013, 10:43 a.m.

A preview of the Expresso with some of the new work. Expresso Smooth @ 1:50 and the end.
http://www.pinkbike.com/video/279842/

Not a single skid!! Thank you. Trail looks like it has mucho flow. Nice pic from Morgman. Sweet vid from carrot top.
No one is forced to do the rock drop stunt. Im glad its there if im feeling up to it:rocker:

common sense…..Whats common about sense?!

May 11, 2013, 5:18 p.m.

hike your skirt up and throw your purse at it.

Thanks Dave, I hiked my skirt, threw my purse, man upped and ripped it today. Your succinct and salient advice was what I needed.

May 12, 2013, 9:01 a.m.

Haven't ridden Espresso since much of the work was done, so we hit it yesterday. Great work, great flow, lots of fun little pops and rolls. Lots of fun. Espresso smooth was funny with the entrance being so easy now… didn't even know I was on it 'till I was on it. I used to find the entry onto the skinny was the hardest part, so it was interesting that the crux was gone. It'll be interesting to see how much more use it gets now.

Nice to have a bit of chunder at the bottom and Lower Crippler was a good finish with that old skool roller still being too much fun on two wheels.

Nice work, folks.

May 12, 2013, 12:07 p.m.

Espresso smooth was funny with the entrance being so easy now… didn't even know I was on it 'till I was on it. I used to find the entry onto the skinny was the hardest part, so it was interesting that the crux was gone. It'll be interesting to see how much more use it gets now.

A group of trees fell on the final plank that approached the roll over winter, and Digger replaced it with a slat bridge. Not as classic but definitely more serviceable.

flickr

May 12, 2013, 5:28 p.m.

A group of trees fell on the final plank that approached the roll over winter, and Digger replaced it with a slat bridge. Not as classic but definitely more serviceable.

Is it wider than it used to be then? I'm kind of a pussy…

May 12, 2013, 5:50 p.m.

Yes:

flickr

May 12, 2013, 7:17 p.m.

GOD I WANT MY BIKE FIXED SO I CAN RIDDDDDEEEEEEEEEE

Thanks for the pic morg!

May 13, 2013, 11:21 a.m.

Thanks Dave, I hiked my skirt, threw my purse, man upped and ripped it today. Your succinct and salient advice was what I needed.

thanks ,
always here to help

May 15, 2013, 9:52 p.m.

Nice build but I've got to say I think that it still should be a skinny up to smooth. Not to keep the gnar but to stop unskilled riders nailing themselves on the roll down.

May 21, 2013, 11:05 a.m.

It's still intimidating enough when you stand on top of it that skinny/no skinny won't decide for most people whether they want to ride it or not. Holding on to your line on a skinny isn't the same skill set as managing the transition from ramp to drop-in and feathering your brakes. Also, with a wider entrance, if someone does bail at the last second, it's more likely they can catch themselves rather than go off the side and break an ankle.

May 21, 2013, 11:22 a.m.

Yes:

picture worth thousand words. nice work!

I'm happy to get outside and enjoy nature while I can, but I fear for the future of humanity