Empress

June 25, 2015, 9:06 p.m.

You just reminded me when I used ride my big bike on that rock section. I rode it once in the wet and flipped onto my back.One of the hardest slams I ever took. Cymbol Wells used to just fly down that section, Angus Head charge would air it. I recall a cool flat drop after that. Where's Kite? use to hit.

June 27, 2015, 3:23 p.m.

Had never ridden empress so went on it today to see what the fuss is about :)

Got off the bike and scouted the section first it. I chose the left line, a bit scary but not very hard if you attack it at the correct angle. The line is pretty obvious if you look at it from below. I'm hesitant to go straight down on my AM bike… looks like a very rough landing!

In these dry conditions I found other sections of the trail to be pretty challenging as well. Steep and loose.

July 10, 2015, 4:56 p.m.

I remember riding the drop line years ago on UBC Cycling Club ride. Had just met some guy and told him how the drop was fine. He watched me do it but decided to pass. I left after that lap, but everyone else went back up. I heard later he tried it the 2nd lap and broke his wrist. I felt somewhat responsible heh.

July 20, 2015, 11:02 p.m.

I remember riding the drop line years ago on UBC Cycling Club ride. Had just met some guy and told him how the drop was fine. He watched me do it but decided to pass. I left after that lap, but everyone else went back up. I heard later he tried it the 2nd lap and broke his wrist. I felt somewhat responsible heh.

Do you mean the drop to the left at the top of the trail ? Instead of going around to the right .

July 21, 2015, 6:39 p.m.

Do you mean the drop to the left at the top of the trail ? Instead of going around to the right .

There is a video somewhere of Angus doing that one. Incredible.

Thread killer

July 21, 2015, 9:04 p.m.

There is a video somewhere of Angus doing that one. Incredible.

Years ago I saw someone do that, the bike made one hell of a noise when he landed. What is that like 15 feet to almost flat without much run out?

July 22, 2015, 5:52 a.m.

Over seen a couple riders do that. Need very strong legs and a good warranty on the frame.

It is easy to dodge our responsibilities, but we cannot dodge the consequences of dodging our responsibilities.
- Josiah Stamp

Every time I see an adult on a bicycle, I no longer despair for the future of the human race.
- H.G. Wells