ebikes on the Shore

Nov. 4, 2022, 2:58 p.m.

Posted by: bmv88

Out for a night ride last night on Fromme and saw 3 dudes on those Cake ebikes ripping around.....super fast, throttle only. 

Are these things legal on the trails?

Slide into Julian Coffey's DM's. 

https://www.instagram.com/p/Cjm6DFguwxy/

I didn't actually ready your post before I made my mocking post, sorry.

Nov. 4, 2022, 2:59 p.m.

Posted by: switch

Posted by: earleb

Someone passed me on an ebike on No Quarter yesterday, do I need to post in here even if it doesn't bother me? What are the current rules?

Was it a jabroni using the bikes battery to power their speaker too?

Don't know....maybe...probably? I had my own headphones in and the music cranked.

Nov. 5, 2022, 10:39 a.m.

would be possible with the new fazua motor, they come with an usb port

Nov. 7, 2022, 12:11 p.m.

Posted by: earleb

Posted by: bmv88

Out for a night ride last night on Fromme and saw 3 dudes on those Cake ebikes ripping around.....super fast, throttle only. 

Are these things legal on the trails?

Slide into Julian Coffey's DM's. 

https://www.instagram.com/p/Cjm6DFguwxy/

I didn't actually ready your post before I made my mocking post, sorry.

Does the fact that it's Tippie and someone from Cake make it better?

Nov. 7, 2022, 6:24 p.m.

🤦‍♂️Oh Tippie.

-----------

Checks comments. 3rd one down, SpinMaster3000: 

"Perfect for the Seymour self-shuttle!" ♥️♥️

If doofus actually follows through and shows up on the fragile bicycle trails with an ultra-high torque motorcycle, I'll have some in person comments with exclamation points for him.

Last edited by: Hepcat on Nov. 7, 2022, 6:26 p.m., edited 1 time in total.
Nov. 8, 2022, 7:22 a.m.

Posted by: Hepcat

🤦‍♂️Oh Tippie.

-----------

Checks comments. 3rd one down, SpinMaster3000: 

"Perfect for the Seymour self-shuttle!" ♥️♥️

If doofus actually follows through and shows up on the fragile bicycle trails with an ultra-high torque motorcycle, I'll have some in person comments with exclamation points for him.

Comments for Tippie, or for "SpinMaster3000" random guy who thinks that would be a good plan?

Nov. 8, 2022, 10:25 a.m.

The doofus, SpinMaster3000. 

If I ever met Tippe I'd probably just ogle and ask for an autograph lol. Actually, in a bizarre coincidence he recently texted me about a mutual friend.

Nov. 8, 2022, 2:37 p.m.

The doofus, SpinMaster3000. 

If I ever met Tippe I'd probably just ogle and ask for an autograph lol. Actually, in a bizarre coincidence he recently texted me about a mutual friend.

Tippie's awesome, I've had the pleasure to chat and hang out dozens of times, and it's always the same. Good time laughing my ass off. 

I wasn't sure if maybe you happened to know who the SpinMaster guy was... I assumed his comment was at least somewhat in jest.

Nov. 8, 2022, 4:41 p.m.

Hopefully you've been lucky enough not to have had any run-ins with Surons. Entitlement needle is absolutely pegged.

Nov. 9, 2022, 6:30 a.m.

Hopefully you've been lucky enough not to have had any run-ins with Surons. Entitlement needle is absolutely pegged.

Those Suron guys are barely one step removed from the near-homeless older guys you see in the DTES on e-fatbikes wearing heavily embroidered sports team hats and quilted plaid shirts.

Nov. 9, 2022, 7:05 a.m.

at least they don’t burn fuel

Nov. 9, 2022, 10:38 a.m.

Same torque as a full blown dirt bike, same ability to permanently decimate a mountain bike trail in a single pass. Literally one power band up a steep pitch and that rut will be there forever, only growing over time. There's nothing a trail builder can do to repair that.

The difference is Suron riders feel entitled to all things bicycle and regularly poach bicycle trails, while dirt bike riders understand the difference.

I used to ride dirt bikes on a regular basis, these Suron guys are a different breed altogether.

Nov. 10, 2022, 4:01 p.m.

Have been lucky not to see any of these Suron dorks around the shore, are there really out there, on Seymour especially?

Dec. 12, 2022, 10:29 p.m.

one more

https://www.instagram.com/p/CmFGJ-iPzq6/

Dec. 14, 2022, 7:54 a.m.

Same torque as a full blown dirt bike, same ability to permanently decimate a mountain bike trail in a single pass. Literally one power band up a steep pitch and that rut will be there forever, only growing over time. There's nothing a trail builder can do to repair that.

The difference is Suron riders feel entitled to all things bicycle and regularly poach bicycle trails, while dirt bike riders understand the difference.

I used to ride dirt bikes on a regular basis, these Suron guys are a different breed altogether.

I hadn't considered the possibility that if enough of these assholes are ripping up the trails often enough that trail work would just cease in the face of such relentless abuse.