ebikes on the Shore

July 22, 2019, 8:37 a.m.

Well at least you had fun.

July 22, 2019, 9:20 a.m.

Posted by: Brocklanders

Posted by: FLATCH

Perhaps do little more riding, more than 5 minutes

Rode it up NQ, down executioner/Dreamweaver. Barely broke a sweat, but I guess that's just me. Was if fun climbing with no effort? Sure.

TBH that sounds kind of boring. Turn a super challenging climb into nothing then haul a 50lb bike down some moderate gnar and a BCXC trail.

Last edited by: craw on July 22, 2019, 9:20 a.m., edited 2 times in total.
Reason: typo
July 22, 2019, 10:45 a.m.

Posted by: craw

Rode it up NQ, down executioner/Dreamweaver. Barely broke a sweat, but I guess that's just me. Was if fun climbing with no effort? Sure.

TBH that sounds kind of boring. Turn a super challenging climb into nothing then haul a 50lb bike down some moderate gnar and a BCXC trail.

Thought the decending was like riding a really heavy unresponsive DH bike from 15 years ago. Also had to pedal on the descent in places I would never have to on my Enduro bike. Which was weird

July 22, 2019, 11:11 a.m.

I have.. pretty much put in no effort for quick climbing. Dunno where this better workout data comes from. Fox News?

I highly suspect in the near future, like Fox News, you haters will change your tune , delete your past comments , learn how to ride an Emtb properly, and become the Newbie you currently despise.

The future is here, don’t hesitate to buy one and go have some fun!

Last edited by: E-wok on July 22, 2019, 11:16 a.m., edited 1 time in total.
July 22, 2019, 12:33 p.m.

Posted by: craw

Thought the decending was like riding a really heavy unresponsive DH bike from 15 years ago. Also had to pedal on the descent in places I would never have to on my Enduro bike. Which was weird

I’ve been pretty impressed with my Commencal. For such a heavy bike I’ve found it to be playful and haven’t found it hard to carry speed at all. Never had to throw extra pedal strokes in anywhere that I wouldn’t have to on my little bike. And the speed I’m able to carry through the corners is nothing short of impressive, all that weight around the bb lets you really lean it  over. Now that said when I ride my little bike it does feel different to be sure. Feels like I’m riding on a feather. No real difference than splitting rides between my Dh bike and my trail bike. After a few rides I didn’t even think about the extra weight.

July 22, 2019, 1:46 p.m.

Posted by: E-wok

I have.. pretty much put in no effort for quick climbing. Dunno where this better workout data comes from. Fox News?

I highly suspect in the near future, like Fox News, you haters will change your tune , delete your past comments , learn how to ride an Emtb properly, and become the Newbie you currently despise.

The future is here, don’t hesitate to buy one and go have some fun.

I highly doubt I will do any of the things you suggest (other than having fun) any time soon. I already have a real bike that I enjoy riding, and I have no desire for a motor.

July 23, 2019, 4:14 p.m.

so, i guess that's that with the ebike debate now.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=zxVj02YJR7w&feature=youtu.be

July 23, 2019, 7:47 p.m.

Posted by: syncro

⚡️🤘🏽⚡️✌🏽⚡️

Last edited by: E-wok on July 23, 2019, 7:49 p.m., edited 1 time in total.
July 24, 2019, 12:58 a.m.

checkmate

Last edited by: Sethimus on July 24, 2019, 12:58 a.m., edited 1 time in total.
July 24, 2019, 7:57 a.m.

Posted by: andy-eunson

My neighbour has a Specialized Turbo Levo. Apparently it has a walk mode where there is some assist limited throttle to help walk that behemoth up difficult bits.

That feature is pretty standard on ebikes of all kinds and is aimed at the original target audience (seniors / unfit / poor health). Comes default as part of the motor and control assembly.

My grandma loves it for helping push her ebike when it is loaded down with groceries.

July 24, 2019, 8:44 a.m.

Posted by: Timer

Posted by: andy-eunson

My neighbour has a Specialized Turbo Levo. Apparently it has a walk mode where there is some assist limited throttle to help walk that behemoth up difficult bits.

That feature is pretty standard on ebikes of all kinds and is aimed at the original target audience (seniors / unfit / poor health). Comes default as part of the motor and control assembly.

My grandma loves it for helping push her ebike when it is loaded down with groceries.

"Gran's Groceries" should be the name of that setting, with a suitable icon embossed on the display.

July 24, 2019, 9:21 a.m.

Posted by: Sethimus

checkmate

Have to say nice play by Rocky. Hard to say to Digger he can't ride the trails he built. From a directorial/marketing point of view must have been a toss up as to what type of bike Wade should be on. Play it as the guy on the ebike can ride with people on bicycles, or riding with an ex pro shredding on the ebike. They went with the latter, sell way more units that way.

Last edited by: Brocklanders on July 24, 2019, 9:22 a.m., edited 1 time in total.
July 24, 2019, 10:11 a.m.

Posted by: Sethimus

checkmate

Interesting they release that vid same time Pinkbike goes full ebike coverage. Now where did I put my tinfoil hat .........

July 24, 2019, 10:30 a.m.

My trials moto self identifies as an e-bike. 

All Fromme belongs to us.

July 24, 2019, 1:15 p.m.

Yeah its all marketing and Rocky and the (wonderful) people in their videos are all conflicted.....I think that we are all thankful to Dig and those who started all of this....

Wade is on his ebike all the time. Gully and a whole bunch of other IG brand reps are on theirs. This isnt about one specific person because yes, you can tell Dig that sorry an ebike cant ride on that trail due to policy if that is the way this goes. This is about the big picture and those of you who are arguing from your own soapbox because you dont see an end to your ability to climb whatever you want are all conflicted too. This is about what the right decision is, not what about what will benefit any one specific person or even segment of "riders".

That said, today, I dont think that we need a hard ruling on the matter today. If ebikers start to cause problems then it will have to be dealt with but Im not convinced that the world will change. NSMBA will have to wrap its head around the fact that its average riders use of the trails may increase A LOT (due to more laps per person) but that's its puzzle to figure out. Im not so sure that the the masses will flock to the forests because of ebikes, but those who do ride them will certainly cover a lot more distance.

My biggest concern is that sensitive trails that are challenging to get to will no longer be protected. In part, thats up to those who use those trails to stay silent about them.

EDIT: And Ive not forgotten that Ive seen a video from Rocky about ebikes filmed in what Id call a very sensitive "protected by a climb" zone. Shame on Rocky for doing that. Exactly my point and biggest worry.

Last edited by: Ddean on July 24, 2019, 4:08 p.m., edited 2 times in total.