ebikes on the Shore

July 21, 2019, 4:46 p.m.

I have.. pretty much put in no effort for quick climbing. Dunno where this better workout data comes from. Fox News?

Last edited by: Brocklanders on July 21, 2019, 4:46 p.m., edited 1 time in total.
July 21, 2019, 5:05 p.m.

Perhaps do little more riding, more than 5 minutes

July 21, 2019, 5:13 p.m.

If you’re not getting a good workout your not pushing yourself. Now if you want to put it in boost and spin well yes it can be easy. Personally I prefer to leave it in eco so I do get a workout. What I really like is that I get Three laps of my local trails in a little more time than I can get one in on my little bike.

July 21, 2019, 8:25 p.m.

Think of how much a workout one could get if they left their e-bike in “OFF” mode! 🤔

E-bike-ist we were riding with earlier this week was complaining that he was getting cold from putting in no effort and was going to turn it off to work up a sweat. ¯\(ツ)/¯.

July 22, 2019, 1:35 a.m.

I think someone is yanking someone’s chain. Or Maybe  I’m just fat and lazy.

Last edited by: FLATCH on July 22, 2019, 1:37 a.m., edited 1 time in total.
July 22, 2019, 1:42 a.m.

Then of course there is always the chance that I could tell you Donald Trump got elected into the White House and you wouldn’t believe that either.

July 22, 2019, 8:06 a.m.

Posted by: FLATCH

Rode it up NQ, down executioner/Dreamweaver. Barely broke a sweat, but I guess that's just me.  Was if fun climbing with no effort? Sure.

July 22, 2019, 8:37 a.m.

Well at least you had fun.

July 22, 2019, 9:20 a.m.

Posted by: Brocklanders

Rode it up NQ, down executioner/Dreamweaver. Barely broke a sweat, but I guess that's just me. Was if fun climbing with no effort? Sure.

TBH that sounds kind of boring. Turn a super challenging climb into nothing then haul a 50lb bike down some moderate gnar and a BCXC trail.

Last edited by: craw on July 22, 2019, 9:20 a.m., edited 2 times in total.
Reason: typo
July 22, 2019, 10:45 a.m.

Posted by: craw

Rode it up NQ, down executioner/Dreamweaver. Barely broke a sweat, but I guess that's just me. Was if fun climbing with no effort? Sure.

TBH that sounds kind of boring. Turn a super challenging climb into nothing then haul a 50lb bike down some moderate gnar and a BCXC trail.

Thought the decending was like riding a really heavy unresponsive DH bike from 15 years ago. Also had to pedal on the descent in places I would never have to on my Enduro bike. Which was weird

July 22, 2019, 11:11 a.m.

I have.. pretty much put in no effort for quick climbing. Dunno where this better workout data comes from. Fox News?

I highly suspect in the near future, like Fox News, you haters will change your tune , delete your past comments , learn how to ride an Emtb properly, and become the Newbie you currently despise.

The future is here, don’t hesitate to buy one and go have some fun!

Last edited by: E-wok on July 22, 2019, 11:16 a.m., edited 1 time in total.
July 22, 2019, 12:33 p.m.

Posted by: craw

Thought the decending was like riding a really heavy unresponsive DH bike from 15 years ago. Also had to pedal on the descent in places I would never have to on my Enduro bike. Which was weird

I’ve been pretty impressed with my Commencal. For such a heavy bike I’ve found it to be playful and haven’t found it hard to carry speed at all. Never had to throw extra pedal strokes in anywhere that I wouldn’t have to on my little bike. And the speed I’m able to carry through the corners is nothing short of impressive, all that weight around the bb lets you really lean it  over. Now that said when I ride my little bike it does feel different to be sure. Feels like I’m riding on a feather. No real difference than splitting rides between my Dh bike and my trail bike. After a few rides I didn’t even think about the extra weight.

July 22, 2019, 1:46 p.m.

Posted by: E-wok

I highly suspect in the near future, like Fox News, you haters will change your tune , delete your past comments , learn how to ride an Emtb properly, and become the Newbie you currently despise.

The future is here, don’t hesitate to buy one and go have some fun.

I highly doubt I will do any of the things you suggest (other than having fun) any time soon. I already have a real bike that I enjoy riding, and I have no desire for a motor.

July 23, 2019, 4:14 p.m.

so, i guess that's that with the ebike debate now.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=zxVj02YJR7w&feature=youtu.be

July 23, 2019, 7:47 p.m.

Posted by: syncro

so, i guess that's that with the ebike debate now.

⚡️🤘🏽⚡️✌🏽⚡️

Last edited by: E-wok on July 23, 2019, 7:49 p.m., edited 1 time in total.