Dog attack, Sqaumish

Sept. 6, 2014, 8:16 p.m.

Exactly. Just like small penis gun owners, scared unless they're hiding behind a gun. Funny how those are the guns that seem to go off the most too.

Wrong most gun owners I know and I know many have guns for the joy of hunting and target shooting a sport of true skill unlike shooting off your mouth!

The raw, primitive, unrefined trails that see little to no maintenance are the kinds of trails that really build skill. What kind of skills do you learn riding a trail that was made by a machine, groomed to perfection and void of any rocks, roots or other obstacles that could send you careening over the handlebars?

Sept. 6, 2014, 11:52 p.m.

Where did all the trolls come from?

Simon - hope your dog heals fine. I don't know anyone with Pits, I don't like the breed personally so I avoid Pit owners as well

Sept. 7, 2014, 12:15 a.m.

I have a big truck, a big penis, and I have pictures I can post here to prove it!

Or.

Well, there is a truism amoungst professional drivers that the bigger the truck and the higher the lift the bigger the dickhead behind the wheel!

Freedom of contract. We sell them guns that kill them; they sell us drugs that kill us.

Sept. 7, 2014, 3:39 a.m.

The behaviour of pit bulls is not always to do with the owner. Sometimes they can be fine for years and then suddenly snap and maul someone with a greater frequency than other breeds.

www.natooke.com

Sept. 7, 2014, 8:18 a.m.

most gun owners I know and I know many have guns for the joy of hunting and target shooting a sport of true skill unlike shooting off your mouth!

Wrong.

Sept. 7, 2014, 11:15 a.m.

Can i get holsters for my pit bull so he can pack my gun? I came up for the idea while shopping for a penis enlargement.
The forty inch tires on my Ford make it tough for my doggy to jump inside so I need a doggy ladder that doesnt interfere with the doggy holster.

common sense…..Whats common about sense?!

Sept. 7, 2014, 9:47 p.m.

Nothing idiotic about banning a killer dog breed. It is irresponsible to defend this breed, nothing wrong with breed specific legislation, especially a dog bred for violence.

In the US, a pit bull kills someone every 19 days. http://www.dogsbite.org/dog-bite-statistics-fatalities-2013.php

I'll ask you this… would you leave a child alone with a labrador? How would you feel leaving the child with a pit bull?

YOU and people like you are the problem with breeds like pit bulls getting banned because of your ignorance. I've been around dogs my whole life and met a lot of pit bulls , mastifs etc. I'm no dog expert , or claiming to be one. I've met Labradors that would bite a child without a second thought and I've NEVER met a pit bull that would do that , because the people I associate with aren't douchebags and have put in the time and energy to properly train their dogs. Yes there are certainly no shortage of douche bag pitty owners , but ANY mistreated dog or one that doesn't get corrected when doing something wrong will have issues , which could lead to an attack. Most of the vicious dogs I've met have been palmaranians and other small dogs , why don't we ban them too ??? They could hurt a child as well. I'm not a parent , but I know that I wouldn't leave my kid with a dog I didn't know well , weather it's a lab , Doberman , pit bull etc. That's common sense. Like I said, stupid people should be banned……….. That obviously includes the douchebag dog owners.

Sept. 7, 2014, 9:51 p.m.

glad to hear your dog is ok

Sept. 7, 2014, 10:24 p.m.

YOU and people like you are the problem with breeds like pit bulls getting banned because of your ignorance. .

Dude, I'm providing statistics, you're providing anecdotal (sp?) evidence. You may not know bad pit bulls, but that doesn't make real life satistics irrelevant.

I know hunters, have been in homes with guns, my grandfather had a number of hunting rifles, I grew up in a house that had a hunting rifle in it. Funny thing, I don't know a single person that has been shot, or that has shot someone. Doesn't mean I think that my life experiences are somehow more relevant than measured evidence as to how dangerous guns are and how they should be stored.

Pit bulls are fighting dogs, labs are retrievers. The statistics prove which breed is dangerous and deserves to be banned.

Not leaving a kid with an unknown dog, that's common sense.

Sept. 7, 2014, 11:09 p.m.

Dude, I'm providing statistics, you're providing anecdotal (sp?) evidence. You may not know bad pit bulls, but that doesn't make real life satistics irrelevant.

I know hunters, have been in homes with guns, my grandfather had a number of hunting rifles, I grew up in a house that had a hunting rifle in it. Funny thing, I don't know a single person that has been shot, or that has shot someone. Doesn't mean I think that my life experiences are somehow more relevant than measured evidence as to how dangerous guns are and how they should be stored.

Pit bulls are fighting dogs, labs are retrievers. The statistics prove which breed is dangerous and deserves to be banned.

Not leaving a kid with an unknown dog, that's common sense.

I have read the statistics , but I'm not going to jump on the "ban pit bull bandwagon". Did you read about the other breeds that attack ? Why not ban them too ? Like I said , there's no shortage of douchebag pit bull owners or ignorant people like you who read the statistics and say something along the lines of , "wow that's really bad , those dogs should be banned". You don't think where that behaviour comes from , you look at the breed "pit bull" and assume it's aggressive and will inevitably attack. Meanwhile the owner of that pit bull is yanking on its leash and kicking it and leaving it outside , not giving it any positive reinforcement or love and maybe even using it as a bait dog to train other dogs to fight , but people like you don't see that because you can't get past the name "pit bull"
So you sit in front of your computer or tv and judge.

Labradors are retrievers and pit bulls are fighting dogs , very good , but they don't deserve to be banned , each dog breed has been bred for different things and to have certain traits to make them specific for a task. Just because a dog is bred for retrieving doesn't mean that it won't bite a person , and just because a dog is bred for fighting doesn't mean that it will bite a person. Dogs like people have personalities. Some are assholes , some are nice. Some dogs are great with all people but not with dogs , some are the opposite and some are good with everything.
Have you ever heard the saying , believe none of what you hear and half of what you see ?
I'm glad that the OP's dog is ok.
There's always another side to the story of why any dog attacks , and it usually comes down to the owners.

You need to educate yourself on this matter.

Sept. 8, 2014, 12:24 a.m.

2013 statistics, pit bulls make up 6% of US dog population but 78% of dog attack deaths. The ststs are irrefutable, they are a very dangerous breed, should be banned in BC.

http://www.dogsbite.org/dog-bite-statistics-fatalities-2013.php

I have no idea why anyone defends such a dangerous breed.

Check out the 2014 list on this wiki page, dominated by pit bulls or pit bull mixes…

http://en.m.wikipedia.org/wiki/Fatal_dog_attacks_in_the_United_States

Tough to argue that pit bulls are not dangerous.

What's tough is to believe that any of that one sided website is actually true. I am not saying that it is all false but their "statistics" are not very well documented other than paraphrasing a study that they don't even link to. Kind of like watching the Fox news and taking that as the whole truth and nothing but the truth.

Wikipedia ????? Seriously Wikipedia. If that's your ace in the hole then I have some magic beans to sell you that can make you not so annoying.

I'm the best at being modest !

Sept. 8, 2014, 7:12 a.m.

The behaviour of pit bulls is not always to do with the owner. Sometimes they can be fine for years and then suddenly snap and maul someone with a greater frequency than other breeds.

This can happen to all dogs. No idea if true this info. But I was told years ago that Chows at some point will snap and turn on their owner. Something about them killing Chinese rulers was mentioned but no idea if true as could be Urban Myth.

Though a real world example…used to be a Chow that lived up the street from my parents cabin in Whistler. For years was fine and no issues. Then at some point it changed. Became nasty towards everyone but the owners. No one knows why. Could be anything…mental illness.

Reality is any dog has potential to snap. Hassle is the media hypes this shit like it did about banning trees near school yards because of allergies.

www.thisiswhy.co.uk

www.teamnfi.blogspot.com/

Sept. 8, 2014, 7:42 a.m.

It seems to me that there is a lot of emotional defense of pit pulls. Emotion, but no actual third party statistics supporting your positions. Calling me ignorant is fine, that's not really an argument though. Funny thing, the alleged 'ignorant' guy here is the only one posting real statistics. If you don't like my stats, fine, track down some of your own to counter mine. I'm not trying to be an arse, I'm just stating my opinion and backing it up with facts. All I'm hearing back is a lot of opinion backed up with emotion.

Curious, why did Michael Vick use pit bulls? Why not Labs, Rotties the or Chow up the steeet at Whistler?

Sept. 8, 2014, 7:47 a.m.

What's tough is to believe that any of that one sided website is actually true.
Wikipedia ????? Seriously Wikipedia. If that's your ace in the hole then I have some magic beans to sell you that can make you not so annoying.

I agree, wikipedia is not ideal, but it's easy to find. I'll wait for your counter point references though.

Sept. 8, 2014, 8:50 a.m.

Here are data. Amazing what two minutes with Google will produce.

Can Vet Journal article.http://www.ncbi.nlm.nih.gov/pmc/articles/PMC2387261/

TL;DR relevant quotes:

The American Staffordshire terrier, the most widely legislated breed in Canada in the period under study, caused 1 fatality (Table 1).
The rottweiler, a target of breed-specific legislation in fewer jurisdictions, and the husky, possibly an unlegislated breed,
caused more fatalities, as did the mixed-breed dogs. The rottweilers, huskies, and the mixed-breed dogs were also represented in larger numbers."

"In nonfatal aggressive incidents, the pit bull did rank highest in 2000 and 2001
(2.84 bite incidents per 100 licensed dogs of this breed type) in 1 Canadian municipality (Edmonton, Alberta) (12).
Other breeds that followed in this municipality included the rottweiler (1.60 bite incidents per 100 licensed),
Akita (1.52), mastiff (1.47), Dalmatian (1.40), and Great Dane (1.21) (12).

The rottweiler, by causing 21 of the 72 non-fatal injuries attributed to dogs from known breeds,
ranked 1st in a hospital-based summary of dog bites in children (9)."

Dogsbite.org has a disturbingly hysterical tone and shows an obvious bias. Choose your sources wisely,