District Looking for Feedback on Fromme

July 23, 2015, 3:37 p.m.

I just came across this. If you're interested, click the map and tell them whats wrong (or right I guess)

http://app.dnv.org/FrommeFeedback/

July 23, 2015, 4 p.m.

Be careful with this one, safety concerns could lead to…..?

July 23, 2015, 4:04 p.m.

Input provided!

"Nobody really gives a shit that you don't like the thing that you have no firsthand experience with." Dave

July 23, 2015, 4:25 p.m.

I don't see anything positive about this for the biking community. Looks like an excuse to gather some complaints from hikers about feeling unsafe while they hike up downhill primary trails or whatever and get trails closed or features removed.

July 23, 2015, 4:38 p.m.

You can respond as a hiker with positive feedback.

Quite frankly, as someone that fits all the categories on the form, the only issue I have isn't even on Fromme….it's the pitiful condition of the Baden Powell within the first 250m to the East of Mackay Creek.

July 23, 2015, 5:05 p.m.

i find the taking of good enjoyable mountain bike trails and either decommissioning them or turning them into dirt sidewalks wrong. These trails have made the North Shore world famous and you people along with the NSMBA are changing them for the worse. The challenge of riding the "Shore" is disappearing and with it the mystique the made this hill world famous. I am all for easier entry level trails but not at the cost of destroying the old school trails. I have been riding bikes and playing on Fromme mountain for over 50 years and have once again seen governments hand grab something we love and destroy it. The best thing that the North Vancouver governments could do for Fromme is to keep the overly large hands off it, it doesn't need fixing or to be made safer or what ever foolish ideas you have. Just please leave our fine outdoor play ground to us and keep you noses where they are paid to be….in the developers behinds!

The raw, primitive, unrefined trails that see little to no maintenance are the kinds of trails that really build skill. What kind of skills do you learn riding a trail that was made by a machine, groomed to perfection and void of any rocks, roots or other obstacles that could send you careening over the handlebars?

July 23, 2015, 5:33 p.m.

i find the taking of good enjoyable mountain bike trails and either decommissioning them or turning them into dirt sidewalks wrong. These trails have made the North Shore world famous and you people along with the NSMBA are changing them for the worse. The challenge of riding the "Shore" is disappearing and with it the mystique the made this hill world famous. I am all for easier entry level trails but not at the cost of destroying the old school trails. I have been riding bikes and playing on Fromme mountain for over 50 years and have once again seen governments hand grab something we love and destroy it. The best thing that the North Vancouver governments could do for Fromme is to keep the overly large hands off it, it doesn't need fixing or to be made safer or what ever foolish ideas you have. Just please leave our fine outdoor play ground to us and keep you noses where they are paid to be….in the developers behinds!

Been riding Fromme for 33 years and could not agree more. Moreover, it has gotten far worse in the last 5 years. One crash on Cambodia on Seymour that gets in the news: decommissioned. And look at the lovely "gold" trails. Now that there is no rain, it is all falling apart and will have to be completely redone. Interestingly, despite the lack of rain, Digger, Upper Crippler and Grannies (all old school and no gold or festered with) are all riding as good as you could hope.

But the idea of it all going back to the way it was is long over. What we have today is the new norm and I see it only getting worse. Just wait when the new parking lot is open and all of these "alternate trail users" start hiking up Crinkum, King of the Shore, Bobsled……can't wait.

July 23, 2015, 5:49 p.m.

I just responded as a rider, a hiker and a dog walker with my own specific concerns that I think would benefit all users. I spend a lot of time on Fromme and not all of it on my bike, there are so many places that could use more care and maintenance that the cycling community shouldn't have to be burdened with the upkeep all of the time.

July 23, 2015, 6:18 p.m.

Been riding Fromme for 33 years and could not agree more. Moreover, it has gotten far worse in the last 5 years. One crash on Cambodia on Seymour that gets in the news: decommissioned. And look at the lovely "gold" trails. Now that there is no rain, it is all falling apart and will have to be completely redone. Interestingly, despite the lack of rain, Digger, Upper Crippler and Grannies (all old school and no gold or festered with) are all riding as good as you could hope.

But the idea of it all going back to the way it was is long over. What we have today is the new norm and I see it only getting worse. Just wait when the new parking lot is open and all of these "alternate trail users" start hiking up Crinkum, King of the Shore, Bobsled……can't wait.

I don't even bother riding much on fromme. Seymour seems allot more enjoyable lately the trails have just seen positive changes not overhauls of style.

July 23, 2015, 7:15 p.m.

And yet I rode parts of Digger last night and I honestly couldn't work out where the actual trail was at some points. It was a 15ft wide clusterfuck of rocks and erosion and some random bit of woodwork with no real way on or off.

The trails would probably be more challenging if people tried to ride a Norco VPS or a Cove Stiffee again rather than some $10,000 plastic Enduro sled.

Anyway…..carry on….

treezz
wow you are a ass

July 24, 2015, 10:40 a.m.

Just wait when the new parking lot is open and all of these "alternate trail users" start hiking up Crinkum, King of the Shore, Bobsled……can't wait.

Contrary to what we, as mountain bikers might think, a new parking lot will not attract hikers or trail runners any more or less than upper Mtn Hwy already attracts bikers [HTML_REMOVED] hikers.
As a trail runner [HTML_REMOVED] hiker, Fromme is one of the least desirable places to run [HTML_REMOVED] hike….[HTML_REMOVED] parking closer to those trails will not make it any more attractive. There are much better access points than Ground Zero for bikers.

July 24, 2015, 12:44 p.m.

Contrary to what we, as mountain bikers might think, a new parking lot will not attract hikers or trail runners any more or less than upper Mtn Hwy already attracts bikers [HTML_REMOVED] hikers.
As a trail runner [HTML_REMOVED] hiker, Fromme is one of the least desirable places to run [HTML_REMOVED] hike….[HTML_REMOVED] parking closer to those trails will not make it any more attractive. There are much better access points than Ground Zero for bikers.

Are you sure I think Fromme is awesome trail running but that's ok…the bikings not bad either

Shredding hypothetical gnarr

July 24, 2015, 6:54 p.m.

And yet I rode parts of Digger last night and I honestly couldn't work out where the actual trail was at some points. It was a 15ft wide clusterfuck of rocks and erosion and some random bit of woodwork with no real way on or off.

The trails would probably be more challenging if people tried to ride a Norco VPS or a Cove Stiffee again rather than some $10,000 plastic Enduro sled.

Anyway…..carry on….

Stick to Espresso Decaf. You obviously were in over your head.

July 24, 2015, 6:56 p.m.

You are dreaming. I have seen the increased trail user/runner/dog walker traffic nothing but increase with the aforementioned trail developement/sedation. You are obviously not thinking long term.

July 24, 2015, 10:49 p.m.

Stick to Espresso Decaf. You obviously were in over your head.

I think I've maybe ridden it once this year….. Actually the old line is still in pretty good shape. Digger though? Granted I'm not Ryan Leech but I'd love to see someone ride on to the fallen tree woodwork above St Marys. As for the 15ft wide reference….well…..if you like 15ft wide trails then giv'er I suppose.

treezz
wow you are a ass