Dirt Bikes Cruising up Mtn Highway (past gate)

Aug. 18, 2014, 7:46 p.m.

I'm amazed there hasn't been more backlash against all the "wicked cover shot, bro", and "sick front page edit, bro" that's been happening on this trials zone.

It's a small backlash from a small group of concerned users.

I think it will sort itself out, but with anything add more humans add more drama.

Lots of room for everyone that's for sure.

C4 Rider Training 2013

Contact me at: [email protected]

I am not so good at returning PM's as some have noticed.

c4race.com

Aug. 18, 2014, 7:47 p.m.

http://www.noronalife.com/moto/trials-riding-is-da-bomb/

I had heard about the trials riding at Britannia and more so from mountain bikers who began poaching the Trials Trail known as Disneyland against Trials Riders wished some 10 years ago.

Aug. 18, 2014, 10:30 p.m.

Um. The Internet is a beautiful place for creating conflict.
But…

"Completely destroying trails", Is a little rich. I put in many,many hours building trials/mtb trails. As well as walk and clear blowdown, and armour trails in that zone. Which was not labelled in the vids. So maybe turn the rhetoric down a notch.

We can co-exist. But places like this ramp the angst to 11, all to frequently.

As far as the shitter. No proof it's from a mtb. University's are known for weird shit.

i do think trials riders do get the short end of the stick, and hopefully, this arena can remind mtb-ers that trial riders are just as entitled to the trails.

Definitely, not a fan of helicopter drops, and shuttling, in areas without paid trail crews.

Aug. 18, 2014, 10:53 p.m.

Ask a few local trials riders about the condition of Half-whip since the DH crew found it. In the old days getting a heli up Disneyland was a luxury and truly caused little damage, but now it's a whole new world of MTB peeps hitting up the lower to mid mtn. access points.

The words "fully destroyed" come out a lot and it is the opinion of the current and longstanding user group not ours that counts. If the trials guys feel we are "destroying" trails then true or not we need to abide. Even The Dude abides. Lol.

C4 Rider Training 2013

c4race.com

Aug. 19, 2014, 9:06 a.m.

I'll leave it for Sideshow to potentially delete the trail name rather than quote him, but a few seconds with teh google and there is the usual infamous 'app' giving directions, and a youtube video of people fumbling and crashing down the trail. It's not surprising that it's allegedly shit-kicked. It didn't look too healthy in 2012 in that vid. The trail is even mentioned in great detail on a PB headline page earlier this year (looks and sounds horrible to be honest but whatever floats your boat I guess!).

treezz
wow you are a ass

Aug. 19, 2014, 1:32 p.m.

there are so many clueless mtber's in the Van area. Trials/moto riders (at least around Squamish/Brittania) are more mature bunch

quads are still for tards though

WTB Frequency i23 rim, 650b NEW - $40

Aug. 19, 2014, 3:39 p.m.

there are so many clueless mtber's in the Van area.

I think the term douchebags is more appropriate and there are lots of them.

:canada:

Aug. 19, 2014, 3:40 p.m.

Unless you own the land, be grateful for being able to use someone else's.
We are so lucky in this country to have an immense wealth of crown land, other countries sell off timber licenses that restrict public access.

Aug. 19, 2014, 8:17 p.m.

Calling in guys with plates on their bikes for riding up a public service road in the evening probably after a long day at work….

Really? The fact that you felt the need to come and ask here concerns me. Not doing anything wrong and insured, even if they did "tear up" the ROAD a bit?

It's a road bro. Nobody on a plated bike is gonna get far even if they did venture on to the trails.

Honestly it was mostly curiosity. I didn't know it was still considered a public road since the gate was always closed. I figured I'd note the plate if it was an issue and since it's not the notes already off the phone. Just didn't know and figured it's better to ask than assume.

Aug. 19, 2014, 8:22 p.m.

I would have shot them.

Wrong. Always.

Aug. 20, 2014, 11:25 p.m.

Honestly it was mostly curiosity. I didn't know it was still considered a public road since the gate was always closed. I figured I'd note the plate if it was an issue and since it's not the notes already off the phone. Just didn't know and figured it's better to ask than assume.

Fair enough. I might be sensitive as I love all things with 2-wheel. There seems to be so much mud being thrown these days.

We are all lucky to live in such a cool area where we can shred all these bikes.

C4 Rider Training 2013

c4race.com