Delta closing Watershed Park and Delta Nature Reserve due to fire risk

Aug. 9, 2009, 1:45 p.m.

also, as a note to those who ride the shed, please be curtious to other users of the park. it's a busy place and the last thing we want is to look like idiots who don't care about anyone else. slow down, say hi or whatever else.

Exactly, slow down and say hi to everyone, if someone wants to be a dink, let them. Everyone walker or equestrian that I have said hi to has said hi and smiled back. Sadly the same cannot be said for bikers. Some of it I think are kids that are shy, but it still seems strange to me.

And it doesn't make you more 'extreme' or 'badass' to be an asshole it just makes you an asshole, so be nice to anyone you see

Aug. 10, 2009, 11:20 a.m.

looks like todays rain will have things open again

its a shame that 300 campfires were reported on the long weekend, but at least people are reporting them. Forget warnings, fine the shit outta the violators and put the proceeds toward firefighting

WTB Frequency i23 rim, 650b NEW - $40

Aug. 10, 2009, 11:31 a.m.

we had it reported that we had a campfire by someone even though we didnt. forest guys came by checked us out. I wonder how many of the reports were bogus given the sensitivity right now

Aug. 10, 2009, 12:54 p.m.

The SBC is thinking of replacing the table top with at least a 40 foot gap over a tank of sharks…………:dizzy: The jump will be rebuilt as was as soon as the Shed re-opens. If anyone knows who or why the table was F'ed up please PM me as they will be set for TERMINATION:banned::rolleyes::nono:

** DIE TRYING* :007:
:canada: :england: :beer: :beer:

Aug. 10, 2009, 1:02 p.m.

fresh rain, and a new beginning for the goat's.
While the loss of the table pisses me off, I'm pretty excited about what's going to replace it.

shark tank, ftw!

Aug. 10, 2009, 1:25 p.m.

Can the sharks shoot lazer beams from their head? The jump could then defend itself:) Rain rain rain rain rain rian rain rain rain open soon. Hopefully the new jump ends up better than ever.

flickr

Aug. 10, 2009, 4:26 p.m.

is it bad that all this talk about rain and a new table jump is giving me a boner???

i'm totally excited about the shed's reopening and the new jump. but i'm not sure about the sharks…….maybe piranhas but not sharks.

Aug. 11, 2009, 12:24 a.m.

I am more scared of your boner gtse:eek2::damn::shhh::censored::lol:

** DIE TRYING* :007:
:canada: :england: :beer: :beer:

Aug. 11, 2009, 1:37 a.m.

what trail is goat's, i didnt know they even had names

Aug. 11, 2009, 9:21 a.m.

what trail is goat's, i didnt know they even had names

Sigh…..young grasshopper you have so much to learn.

Goat's is the jump line up top by the school. Then I can't remember the rest of the lines till you get to the bottom. The line with double teeter's is Stairway to heaven. And the final line with the jumps is Return of the Shedi.

Aug. 11, 2009, 9:22 a.m.

I am more scared of your boner gtse:eek2::damn::shhh::censored::lol:

You love boners Dave:)

Shed head!

Aug. 11, 2009, 9:43 a.m.

Sigh…..young grasshopper you have so much to learn.

Goat's is the jump line up top by the school. Then I can't remember the rest of the lines till you get to the bottom. The line with double teeter's is Stairway to heaven. And the final line with the jumps is Return of the Shedi.

Simon's Sez (log ride with swivel teeter totter), Goat's Jumps, The Goat's Trail (log rides with drops), Stairway to Heaven, Return of the Shedi. Then there is the Drop Trail, Got Skills, Level 5, and the soon to be reborn Bender line. This winter hopefully the executive can get in there and do some work.

Shed head!

Aug. 11, 2009, 11:26 a.m.

Email received from the Corporation of Delta today,

"Hey, I just got out of a meeting with the Fire Chief and received updates from Coastal Forest Region. The Coastal Forest Region still says it[HTML_REMOVED]#8217;s extreme. The problem we have is that the surface layer is wet but there is quite a bit of dry material (fuel as the fire dudes call it) just underneath the surface. They are going to want a week or more of rain to change the closure. They will review it again on Wednesday considering the moisture received and the upcoming forecast. I believe they are also going to do some independent testing to determine how much of a threat the dry material is. So I can give you a better update after Wednesday.

Thanks for asking. You guys are doing a good job in getting the word out."

Please stay out of the Shed until further notice…….looks like we will need alot more rain.

Shed head!

Aug. 11, 2009, 12:23 p.m.

:(

The paranoia runs deep in the corp of Delta.
Homeless guys were starting fires in Stanley Park, and there was no closure. SFU and the shore are tinder dry, and they're open. The shed is the only park in the lower mainland that is, and will remain closed.

This is getting stupid.

Aug. 11, 2009, 1:05 p.m.

Unfortunately they make the rules, damn bureaucrats!

Shed head!