Decision 2008! NSMBA Annual General Meeting TONIGHT! (Nov 20)

Nov. 1, 2008, 6:05 p.m.

Do you love mountain biking with you friends? Are you passionate about the trails? Do you think mountain bikers need a strong voice in the community? If you answered yes to any of these questions, then come to the NSMBA AGM and make sure your voice is heard!

Date: Thursday, November 20th

Time: 7:00pm

Food and refreshments will be provided! And don't forget the prizes! Everyone that came out to three or more trail days and is at the meeting automatically gets a new NSMBA jersey, as well as having their name in the draw for a "Delirum T" frame from Knolly Bikes or a Rockshox Domain fork [HTML_REMOVED] Industry Nine wheelset from SnowCovers.

If you don't manage to score big, we have tons of awesome prizes from Arc'teryx, Ryders Eyewear, .243 Racing, MEC, and Lighthouse Brewing.

Check out all the info on our website!

A draft agenda for the AGM is up! Click here to view it, and then email the elections team if you have any comments or suggestions.

Call for Directors and Officers

The NSMBA team is looking for energetic and enthusiastic members to lead our organization into the future. Whether you enjoy organizing social events, getting your hands dirty on the trail, or making your voice heard at council, - the NSMBA has a fun, exciting, and rewarding volunteer position for you!

You will be electing new directors at the upcoming AGM, so check out our election headquarters for all the latest information! You'll be able to view candidate bios, check out the rules and procedures, or ask questions via email. If you'd like to join the team, you can even download a director nomination form or volunteer application!

web: nsmba.ca
email: [email protected]

Trails for all, trails forever.

Nov. 2, 2008, 5:49 p.m.

using my 300th post to BUMP this thread and let all the cool kids know that yes, i will be there.

Nov. 2, 2008, 6:20 p.m.

the draw for a "Delirum T" frame from Knolly Bikes

Don't bother coming its mine.

I'd take the I9 wheels as a consolation but if otherwise I'm going to crack a tanty.

So yes, i'll be there.

I ride Bikes

Nov. 12, 2008, 6:07 p.m.

I'd like to bring these up for consideration as questions for the directors of the NSMBA at the AGM. Whether its the new directors or the old directors who would answer these questions is perhaps itself a good question

Any plans to reconsider making NSMBA into an umbrella North Shore Trails Society given the success of groups like the Rossland Trails Society and Shushwap Trails Alliance

Any plans to hire an administrator to help with administration (part-time or full-time)

Did NSMBA get any grants in 2007? What about in 2008? If so, how much and how many applications?

Given the gravel path nature of the Richard Juryn trail what is the future direction of NSMBA re keeping trails challenging?

Any plans to help out builders on trails with equipment and tools? What is current process?

Any plans to improve communications from last two years ? eg more current newsletters, Rippers, trail days. Note - posting on NSMB is helpful but what about direct communication from NSMBA which is currently lacking?

Nov. 12, 2008, 8:07 p.m.

Good questions Lee. There will be a Q/A period for both the current directors, and prospective directors during the AGM, so make sure to bring these questions forward!

Nov. 12, 2008, 11:19 p.m.

I too would like to see those questions answered in full. Thanks.

Nov. 13, 2008, 9:38 a.m.

SURPRISE!

If you came to three trail days this season, come to the AGM to pick up your jersey!

Nov. 13, 2008, 4:31 p.m.

I love the look of the jersey. great job!

Nov. 13, 2008, 4:33 p.m.

Now that's a nice looking jersey. Well done design team!

Nov. 13, 2008, 8:37 p.m.

That is one great looking Jersey.

A question I would like to see discussed at the meeting is builder liability.

Particularly now that trail builders are "official" i.e. named on permits, are we exposed to liability if a rider, hiker, dog, horse etc gets hurt using a TTF, falling on an armoured section of trail or even tripping over a drainage channel?

What responsibility (and associated liability) for the future condition of TTF's? Does the builder have to continuously monitor their condition (frequency?), ensure they are maintained to an acceptable standard (what is that?) and that they are either removed or replaced when damaged or fall into disrepair?

Please let me demonstrate the ride around; really it's no trouble.

Nov. 13, 2008, 10:22 p.m.

SURPRISE!

If you came to three trail days this season, come to the AGM to pick up your jersey!

nice jersey!!
Can I buy one of those?

Nov. 13, 2008, 10:52 p.m.

nice jersey!!
Can I buy one of those?

with your sweat. :fro:

they're for people that came out to three trail days. We pretty much made just enough for the people that put in the most effort.

Nov. 13, 2008, 11:45 p.m.

A draft agenda for the AGM is up! Click here to view it, and then email the elections team if you have any comments or suggestions.

Nov. 14, 2008, 5:20 p.m.

I love the look of the jersey. great job!

thanks for taking the pic for the front!

Nov. 14, 2008, 6:39 p.m.

+ rep bombs for chris2 for designing a sick new look for us!