Decision 2008! NSMBA Annual General Meeting TONIGHT! (Nov 20)

Nov. 20, 2008, 12:34 p.m.

I would volunteer to be King of the NSMBA, but that is more of a figurehead position, I wouldn't really do any work, just kiss babies and shake hands with My people.

What we need is our own Dick Chainey, somebody who pulls all the strings from behind and does lots of back door deals to get things done for the NSMBA interest, without concern for anybody else.

Any volunteers? I can think of a few people who may be good for this position based on their postings alone.

Nov. 20, 2008, 1:23 p.m.

I think I might be a great candidate with my Bachelors Degree in Medieval Economics. Now is anyone planning an uprising?

Wrong. Always.

Nov. 20, 2008, 2:29 p.m.

I think I might be a great candidate with my Bachelors Degree in Medieval Economics. Now is anyone planning an uprising?

I would think that with your "degree", you would be up for the planning end. Now we just need our "Dubya".

Nov. 20, 2008, 5:22 p.m.

Dang it, I can't make it.

Greetings from the MTBco.ca and I want to have a quick chat with some of the new board members within a couple of days about the Trails Strategy.

37 YEARS ON THE BIKE :: 1981-2018

Nov. 20, 2008, 6:18 p.m.

I was filling out the app to be a Director at Large, and do Corporate fundraising but then realized I can't make it to tonights meeting because of other obligations.

VOTE FOR ME - THE RIPPER KING!

This trip to Kelowna was definately an undertaking - Liam and I had been planning this project for 24 hours. We worked really hard to pull out all the stops in this video. We had slo-mo goggle shots; time lapses; pedal flips; outrageous product shots; unloading and loading the bike; walking through the field with your hand in wheat. At the end of the day this trip was all about just getting out and riding with all my friends.

www.letsridebikes.ca

Nov. 21, 2008, 2:43 p.m.

Since communication was one of the main themes of the evening, when can we expect an update on the meeting results? Will it be via the NSBM or NSMBA website channel?

Nov. 23, 2008, 7:58 p.m.

We're working at quickly putting together a summary of the AGM along with the official minutes of the meeting. They will be posted on the NSMBA website and distributed through our next e-newsletter. Thanks to Cam and NSMB for getting their summary up in record time!

The directors will be meeting ASAP to define their roles and start planning for 2009.

Our new president, Mathew Bond, will be holding informal "office hours" on Monday, Thursday, and Friday of this week to welcome new volunteers and answer any questions you might have. He'll be set up at Bean Around the World - Lonsdale Quay from ~ 6:00pm-7:30pm. If you plan on stopping by, send him an email, mathew (at) nsmba.bc.ca.

web: nsmba.ca
email: [email protected]

Trails for all, trails forever.