Dear Woodro Part 3

Sept. 6, 2015, 5:06 p.m.

one thing i feel that needs to be added is that all this should be cleared up before the next NSMBA AGM which is less than 3 months away on Nov 25th.

This.

http://nsmba.ca/content/2015-07_open-letter-community-response-lee-lau

"Dear Members of the NSMBA and the North Shore Mountain Bike Community,

Over the past few weeks our organization has seen a troubling level of accusations tabled against it on bulletin boards as well as through various social media outlets. Whether you read the posts yourselves or were told of them by friends or family, the outcome was likely the same - none of this was a positive experience for the community.

You might have wondered why these discussions were not met by immediate replies from the NSMBA. The NSMBA prefers not to engage in responses to accusatory comments made on online forums; the anonymous nature of these discussions does not foster the type of dialogue that the NSMBA wishes to engage in.

As president of the NSMBA, I would like to take this opportunity to present to you, our community, with the NSMBA’s perspective on the events that have just passed. The comments I make will remain at a high level, this is out of respect for all parties involved. I would ask that this be respected and that needless speculation be avoided.

Over the past 4 years, the Board of Directors, Rachid Nayel, our treasurer, and I have facilitated several meetings with Mr. Lee Lau and Ms. Sharon Bader. We engaged in several rounds of mediation and discussion to try and resolve several matters between the parties. Despite our best efforts, none of the implemented solutions have worked; all parties must take some responsibility for this breakdown. The NSMBA took appropriate actions in order to investigate and substantiate concerns brought forth and those with merit were addressed, privately.

I would like to point out that Mr. Lau’s recent online statements are heavily biased and one-sided, and that Mr. Lau has continuously ignored the effect of his own actions, particularly the actions he took to undermine what had previously been agreed to. Mr. Lau continues to aggravate the situation with his personal assault on Mr. Mark Wood, an NSMBA employee. Following a rather terse email sent by Mr. Lau to the NSMBA’s Board of Directors on July 7 2015, an online campaign was launched that sought to bring into question Mr. Wood’s standing in the community, his competence and his integrity. Accusations were tabled with the perceived sole purpose of discrediting Mr. Wood, tarnishing his reputation and potentially compromising his livelihood. Throughout this event, the NSMBA’s position has been to investigate matters of concern and to support our employees.

At this time, the NSMBA does not wish to undertake additional discussion or mediation, as they have been known not to work or to only be effective for a short while. A solution to this situation cannot ensue until this online barrage has ceased and some time has passed. The escalation of this situation is not healthy for our association or our community.

As a primarily volunteer organization, with limited resources, we must remain dedicated to our mission and vision by remaining focused on our community and our trails. The NSMBA would like to see a cooling off period, a time for decompression. I will come back to review and seek solutions once some time and space have set in. I firmly believe this will yield solutions grounded in understanding and respect.

Respectfully yours,

Vince Beasse,

President of the Board of Directors"

Sept. 6, 2015, 5:34 p.m.

I will say this: you would think with the modern world as it is and with the knowledge of social media/media boards etc… I have to hand it to Lee to not chicken out and stand up and face the fire and answer posts made at him or against him. Mark has done nothing but be silent, and yet expects to be taken at face value. Now, I am no lawyer, but when one is accused wrongly usually they stand up and fight tooth and nail to get the truth out. Silence is the confirmer of guilt.

Personally I do not like the general direction of the trail ethos and the dumbing down/smoothing down of trails for more convenient access (Upper Dales comes to mind) and I do not financially support NSMBA on this mantra. Moreover, I cannot support, financially, a group that has taken a trail like Oilcan and totally destroyed it. I walk up it every time I ride Fromme and it is devoid of soul, interest, features, excitement or thought. It is the epitome to me of everything wrong with trail planning, and whom is involved in that? NSMBA. If you want a smoothe groomed run do Espresso. But the state of limbo Oilcan is in is indicative to me that the NSMBA is more concerned with UP trails (when both Seymour and Fromme have perfectly good UP routes, albeit boring, I admit) instead of thinking of the reason you are going up in the first place: to go down.

Personally, I think the best resolution to all of this is to remove Mark Wood and put in a totally new crew. Like politics, everything is tainted and if one is to have any faith in a group or organization, it must have the appearance, if not substance, of integrity to not only survive but grown. And all of this morass proves how little there is and people like me, whom have been around for 30+ years will not support what is perceived to be a clusterf-k. Until it changes I will do my maintenance bits off the grid.

Strange that you never hear of any shit, libel, or ill word against Digger. I wonder why.

Sept. 6, 2015, 5:59 p.m.

This ^^^^ +1

The raw, primitive, unrefined trails that see little to no maintenance are the kinds of trails that really build skill. What kind of skills do you learn riding a trail that was made by a machine, groomed to perfection and void of any rocks, roots or other obstacles that could send you careening over the handlebars?

Sept. 6, 2015, 6:09 p.m.

Ive considered Lee and Sharon as friends/acquaintances since the inception of the NSMBA, I too was there in the living room meetings….Lee had card #3….I still have card #7

One group will not be getting my support anymore……lucky #7 is gone.

have fun folks.

Pastor of Muppets

Sept. 6, 2015, 7:54 p.m.

Ive considered Lee and Sharon as friends/acquaintances since the inception of the NSMBA, I too was there in the living room meetings….Lee had card #3….I still have card #7

One group will not be getting my support anymore……lucky #7 is gone.

have fun folks.

Maybe you'll get a letter from Woody to cease and desist your unauthorized usurping of lucky #7. Gotta stick to the plan, man.

So just send the cheque to SORCA and they'll put that $$ to ethical use.

Sept. 6, 2015, 8:14 p.m.

I will say this: you would think with the modern world as it is and with the knowledge of social media/media boards etc… I have to hand it to Lee to not chicken out and stand up and face the fire and answer posts made at him or against him. Mark has done nothing but be silent, and yet expects to be taken at face value. Now, I am no lawyer, but when one is accused wrongly usually they stand up and fight tooth and nail to get the truth out. Silence is the confirmer of guilt.

Personally I do not like the general direction of the trail ethos and the dumbing down/smoothing down of trails for more convenient access (Upper Dales comes to mind) and I do not financially support NSMBA on this mantra. Moreover, I cannot support, financially, a group that has taken a trail like Oilcan and totally destroyed it. I walk up it every time I ride Fromme and it is devoid of soul, interest, features, excitement or thought. It is the epitome to me of everything wrong with trail planning, and whom is involved in that? NSMBA. If you want a smoothe groomed run do Espresso. But the state of limbo Oilcan is in is indicative to me that the NSMBA is more concerned with UP trails (when both Seymour and Fromme have perfectly good UP routes, albeit boring, I admit) instead of thinking of the reason you are going up in the first place: to go down.

Personally, I think the best resolution to all of this is to remove Mark Wood and put in a totally new crew. Like politics, everything is tainted and if one is to have any faith in a group or organization, it must have the appearance, if not substance, of integrity to not only survive but grown. And all of this morass proves how little there is and people like me, whom have been around for 30+ years will not support what is perceived to be a clusterf-k. Until it changes I will do my maintenance bits off the grid.

Strange that you never hear of any shit, libel, or ill word against Digger. I wonder why.

+1

Mark Wood and the NSMBA will not be receiving any money from me!

Sept. 6, 2015, 9:17 p.m.

+1

Mark Wood and the NSMBA will not be receiving any money from me!

I don't think they need it. TAP has brought in way more money than memberships ever have.

Sept. 6, 2015, 10:33 p.m.

NSMBA is becoming the same bureaucracy we fought years ago so we could ride.

The raw, primitive, unrefined trails that see little to no maintenance are the kinds of trails that really build skill. What kind of skills do you learn riding a trail that was made by a machine, groomed to perfection and void of any rocks, roots or other obstacles that could send you careening over the handlebars?

Sept. 6, 2015, 10:58 p.m.

lol that's a bit extreme. While any organization will have its positives and negatives. Seems to me most of the work people are enjoying is because of nsmba.

Dumbing down of the shore? From what? Fallen down rotted out trails that one can't even ride? Upper oil can was shit, it's been shit for years with neglect. Now it gets some fixed wood work and it's ruined? Right… I'm not a fan of big burms in place of existing single track tech trails… But you guys sound like assholes.

Sept. 6, 2015, 11:12 p.m.

Shiitt, if this is gonna be that kind of party, I'm gonna stick my dick in the mashed potatoes…

Sept. 6, 2015, 11:26 p.m.

I don't think they need it. TAP has brought in way more money than memberships ever have.

Writing business plan
New org with backbone coming
History repeats

Sept. 7, 2015, 2:26 a.m.

Ya dude…..Lee and Sharon are TOTALLY right. I talked to them once and they build good trails that I like so, ya man, they are sooo being screwed.

Mark is CLEARLY evil. 'Cause that is what all the experts are saying here…….all of this BS and detritus has to be accurate, right? No chance that there could be some complexity in the situation. No chance that some who are choosing to spew loudly and publicly while others are choosing to be silent (and follow what are supposed to be discreet legal channels) could BOTH BE WRONG.

Wait, I know! Let's clear the dysfunctional deadlock by withholding money and support to the NSMBA! That will fix everything for sure! Totally, let's neuter our only publicly sanctioned political support body that is actually trying to protect our trail resources. Ya, that sounds TOTALLY right. I remember hating the original guys there because they didn't support my trail vision back in the day. Screw them! Middle ground? Fuck it.

Mark may have been silent and I have no idea if he is "right"or "wrong" in this whole mess but I can tell you this. Lee's very public gutting of this drama has captured the interest of important land managers that can, will, and are currently active in messing with trails that they did not pay attention to previously. This public spewing regardless of who's camp you are in IS FUCKING WITH OUR TRAILS.

Cease and desist. Shut the fuck up and let the courts make their decision now that this issue has been taken into that realm. Hell, fight it out in the streets for all I care but STOP MAKING OUR COMMUNITY A TARGET. As Lee would say, just leave us alone.

One side has done that already, right, wrong, or otherwise. The other side and their supporters need to follow suit and let the game play out quietly and privately in the mumbo-jumbo world of lawyers and judges. Send a note when it is all done.

Sept. 7, 2015, 8:12 a.m.

Ya dude…..Lee and Sharon are TOTALLY right. I talked to them once and they build good trails that I like so, ya man, they are sooo being screwed.

Mark is CLEARLY evil. 'Cause that is what all the experts are saying here…….all of this BS and detritus has to be accurate, right? No chance that there could be some complexity in the situation. No chance that some who are choosing to spew loudly and publicly while others are choosing to be silent (and follow what are supposed to be discreet legal channels) could BOTH BE WRONG.

Wait, I know! Let's clear the dysfunctional deadlock by withholding money and support to the NSMBA! That will fix everything for sure! Totally, let's neuter our only publicly sanctioned political support body that is actually trying to protect our trail resources. Ya, that sounds TOTALLY right. I remember hating the original guys there because they didn't support my trail vision back in the day. Screw them! Middle ground? Fuck it.

Mark may have been silent and I have no idea if he is "right"or "wrong" in this whole mess but I can tell you this. Lee's very public gutting of this drama has captured the interest of important land managers that can, will, and are currently active in messing with trails that they did not pay attention to previously. This public spewing regardless of who's camp you are in IS FUCKING WITH OUR TRAILS.

Cease and desist. Shut the fuck up and let the courts make their decision now that this issue has been taken into that realm. Hell, fight it out in the streets for all I care but STOP MAKING OUR COMMUNITY A TARGET. As Lee would say, just leave us alone.

One side has done that already, right, wrong, or otherwise. The other side and their supporters need to follow suit and let the game play out quietly and privately in the mumbo-jumbo world of lawyers and judges. Send a note when it is all done.

famed internet douche
should go back to tgr
i'm on team boozy

Sept. 7, 2015, 9:14 a.m.

Derek Zoolander: I can Dere-lick my own balls, thank you very much.

People always ask me what's the phenomenon
Yo what's up? Yo what's goin' on- Adam Yauch

Sept. 7, 2015, 10:11 a.m.

Another +1.

There's nothing better than an Orangina after cheating death with Digger.