Dear Woodro Part 3

Sept. 5, 2015, 8:32 p.m.

I couldn't agree more Drew.
and when all your predictions come true Lee and Sharon will finally be able to relax.
This outcome is exactly what they are trying to accomplish.

The organization they created, but eventually let fall apart was picked up by a group of hard working individuals (primarily volunteers) and was taken to a new higher level in a direction neither Lee or Sharon envisioned.

This very organization distanced themselves from Lee and Sharon (much like many of the founding members of the NSMBA). Turned their backs to Lee and Sharon. Now recently issued a public notice discrediting one of them.

The creation of the NSMBA benefited us all, but inevitably was a self serving move by Lee; Putting the power couple in the limelight of the north shore mountain biking community. The fall of organization, while Lee and Sharon were running the show, was the outcome of self serving decisions.

Now the inability to work together with the NSMBA is largely due to the power couples self serving demands.

As one of the founding members of the NSMBA following from the sidelines, it appears the association has the interest of the community as a whole and cannot cater to problematic individuals.

Lee and Sharon will continue to work to undermine Mark Wood and the association as a whole under the guise of "me and Sharon just want to be left alone" until the NSMBA falls apart and they can then point the finger at others.

Maybe then Lee and Sharon, MTB trails, the locals guide to the shore, can return to the limelight.

Sept. 5, 2015, 8:34 p.m.

you should let us know who you are locals instead of hiding behind internet anonymity. it would add some credibility to your statements and we could also confirm your story so we know you're not here just to tell mistruths.

We don't know what our limits are, so to start something with the idea of being limited actually ends up limiting us.
Ellen Langer

Sept. 5, 2015, 8:39 p.m.

And here I quit pot
Conspiracy theory laughs
Their fault, never mine

Sept. 5, 2015, 8:39 p.m.

Sorry Rachid, but the real costs of this shit show are significantly higher than paying a lawyer 1k to send a letter.

I hate being pessimistic, but I feel like there will be a loss in memberships, volunteer labour, donations, and sponsors into the future that will be directly and indirectly attributable to a failure, on many peoples' parts - mine included, to resolve this conflict.

Sorry,

Drew

Ask anyone who deals with sport governing bodies for years and you will find out there have been points in time. Things will melt down for what ever reason. While one would hope that would not happen reality is it does. And more then half come down to power and control issues.

www.thisiswhy.co.uk

www.teamnfi.blogspot.com/

Sept. 5, 2015, 9:25 p.m.

I couldn't agree more Drew…

I don't know if you heard that load somewhere or made it up yourself, but I would really appreciate it if you didn't quote me/reference me in association with it. Thanks!

I don't know if it matters to you in your anonymity (or if I know you personally) but, if you care, you obviously have, at best, an incomplete picture of what is going on and you're making yourself look silly. You're welcome!

Lee has, believe it or not, been largely responsive/respectful to those people who have bartered on personal capital to ask him to be respectful of the NSMBA/BoD - which is made up of some really awesome volunteers - and the incredibly trying year they have had (Watchmen, this shit show, etc) including in the information he has chosen to share - with his spin on it obviously - and the way he has presented it.

It looks like you've picked a team and you're going full Homer, and that is totally your choice. But, if you really want to be pissed off you should just be mad at everyone who has a hand in this because it should have been worked out a long time ago.

Mean People SUCK! Nice People SHOVEL!

Trails For All; Trails For Weather

Sept. 5, 2015, 10:15 p.m.

I couldn't agree more Drew.
and when all your predictions come true Lee and Sharon will finally be able to relax.
This outcome is exactly what they are trying to accomplish.

The organization they created, but eventually let fall apart was picked up by a group of hard working individuals (primarily volunteers) and was taken to a new higher level in a direction neither Lee or Sharon envisioned.

This very organization distanced themselves from Lee and Sharon (much like many of the founding members of the NSMBA). Turned their backs to Lee and Sharon. Now recently issued a public notice discrediting one of them.

The creation of the NSMBA benefited us all, but inevitably was a self serving move by Lee; Putting the power couple in the limelight of the north shore mountain biking community. The fall of organization, while Lee and Sharon were running the show, was the outcome of self serving decisions.

Now the inability to work together with the NSMBA is largely due to the power couples self serving demands.

As one of the founding members of the NSMBA following from the sidelines, it appears the association has the interest of the community as a whole and cannot cater to problematic individuals.

Lee and Sharon will continue to work to undermine Mark Wood and the association as a whole under the guise of "me and Sharon just want to be left alone" until the NSMBA falls apart and they can then point the finger at others.

Maybe then Lee and Sharon, MTB trails, the locals guide to the shore, can return to the limelight.

against my better judgement…..

you aren't helping your cause the way you think you are, and now you're just fabricating anonymous bullshit. fact is, only one person is trying to flex authoritay in a way they are not entitled to in a place they do not speak for, a place in which they are also operating without status or authority, or as they say, rogue. and that's a shame because it is wholly unnecessary and reeks of insecurity, and is causing rifts where they don't need to be.

both lee and sharon have gone out of their way to help me in my own journey as an involved member of my local club, as a steward of my local trails, and as a trail builder myself. they've given me great advice, they've been supportive, and have gone out of their way to show generosity towards me they have no need to, all without any expectations of anything in return other than a continued passion for advocacy and trails. to accuse them in the way above says more about your own insecurities about your own status in the community than it does about their own actions over the past decades which have been pretty selfless.

I hate seeing this shit in public as much as anyone, I cringe every time lee post something, but I also know he's at his wits end trying to solve this amicably behind the scenes and feels like there is no other option at this point since it isn't being resolved to any satisfactory level. I really hope you can just let this go and move on, Mark. It's taking away from all the great stuff you have done for the shore and trail maintenance and development, and for no good purpose.

Sept. 6, 2015, 12:45 a.m.

you should let us know who you are locals instead of hiding behind internet anonymity. it would add some credibility to your statements and we could also confirm your story so we know you're not here just to tell mistruths.

Mistruths? Decide for yourselves.

You want to know who I am?
Why? So I can be the next target of Lee and Sharon's slander campaign?

I'll tell you this Mark Rowe. Long before you got approval to build salvation without the inclusion of the NSMBA (which both Lee and Sharon had strong opinions about) a particular "founding member" of the NSMBA consulted a lawyer for the same reasoning of Mark Wood, Defamation of character.

Who am I? I'm Lee, Pat, Mark, Sharon, Dave, Todd, Jerry, Graham, Chaz, Martin. I'm busterbluth, Drew, every a-hole on this forum. I'm Mark Rowe. Vince, Seb, Richard, need me to go on?

I'm the F'in internet buddy.

Welcome to the World Wide Web of exaggeration and lies.

As I mentioned before, I have spoke to ALL parties regarding this matter. Yes Mark, all three.

I couldn't care less about their personal issues but until they stop shoving their shit in our faces they should all deal with the consequences of involving the internet.

Sept. 6, 2015, 4:46 a.m.

It's pretty obvious that locals is Stephen Harper.

It is easy to dodge our responsibilities, but we cannot dodge the consequences of dodging our responsibilities.
- Josiah Stamp

Every time I see an adult on a bicycle, I no longer despair for the future of the human race.
- H.G. Wells

Sept. 6, 2015, 7:54 a.m.

Hey thanks for the shout out!

Wrong. Always.

Sept. 6, 2015, 8:03 a.m.

Thought I'd seen it all
NSMB delivers
Trolls, meet your new God

Sept. 6, 2015, 8:27 a.m.

Mistruths? Decide for yourselves.

You want to know who I am?
Why? So I can be the next target of Lee and Sharon's slander campaign?

I'll tell you this Mark Rowe. Long before you got approval to build salvation without the inclusion of the NSMBA (which both Lee and Sharon had strong opinions about) a particular "founding member" of the NSMBA consulted a lawyer for the same reasoning of Mark Wood, Defamation of character.

Who am I? I'm Lee, Pat, Mark, Sharon, Dave, Todd, Jerry, Graham, Chaz, Martin. I'm busterbluth, Drew, every a-hole on this forum. I'm Mark Rowe. Vince, Seb, Richard, need me to go on?

I'm the F'in internet buddy.

Welcome to the World Wide Web of exaggeration and lies.

As I mentioned before, I have spoke to ALL parties regarding this matter. Yes Mark, all three.

I couldn't care less about their personal issues but until they stop shoving their shit in our faces they should all deal with the consequences of involving the internet.

yes, i am mark rowe, which is not all that hard to figure out as i don't try to keep my identity here a secret. you still seem to be afraid of people knowing who you are and continue to hide behind an anonymous screen name instead. as long as you continue to hide we can't really know if anything you say is real, including whether you've spoken to all parties. wrt mistruths, you don't quite have your story straight regarding the approval to build salvation. so far, anything you've said cannot be treated with any validity. just like stating you would come out to do trail work and even asking me to bring some extra tools for you, which i did. you didn't bother to show up or even post up to say you couldn't make it, which really doesn't help your credibility.

the irony of your posts is that you keep pushing this thread to the top, which is totally contradictory to your whishes. so it would seem that you are not as smart as you think.

We don't know what our limits are, so to start something with the idea of being limited actually ends up limiting us.
Ellen Langer

Sept. 6, 2015, 12:40 p.m.

one thing i feel that needs to be added is that all this should be cleared up before the next NSMBA AGM which is less than 3 months away on Nov 25th.

Ellen Langer

Sept. 6, 2015, 2:12 p.m.

This is the worst thred ever , if you hate each other so much why not meet up in the woods and fight …looser buys the winner a couple Pints after at the Black bear pub and then you can both press on after and put this lame thred internet shit behind you ?

This is like a couple highschool kids have a text fight ! :couple:

Sept. 6, 2015, 2:17 p.m.

This is the worst thred ever , if you hate each other so much why not meet up in the woods and fight …looser buys the winner a couple Pints after at the Black bear pub and then you can both press on after and put this lame thred internet shit behind you ?

This is like a couple highschool kids have a text fight ! :couple:

Thread
Loser

Thread*

Sept. 6, 2015, 2:19 p.m.

Thread
Loser

Thread*

Hahaah !!!!! Yes

served