In hopes of post sixty nine
Mudrunner beats me

Sept. 2, 2015, 4:04 p.m.

Is this evidence?
Sexy legal assistant!
Who loves the poet?

Wrong. Always.

Sept. 2, 2015, 4:32 p.m.

both of u need to take a few hits (ten) of acid together in the forest and sort ur lives out

Sept. 2, 2015, 5:22 p.m.

The peanut gallery keeping it classy.

Pastor of Muppets

Sept. 2, 2015, 7:15 p.m.

You guys both sound like a bunch of bitches and both should go f*ck yourselves. This is beyond stupid and immature. Glad I am moving back up North.

Good choice. The trails up North are fantastic. No-one up there tries to play trail fuhrer and tell you that you need their permission to do trailwork. And that's what I want to do. My own trailwork and my own thing without Mark getting in my face and Sharon's face

Sept. 2, 2015, 7:17 p.m.

Good choice. The trails up North are fantastic. No-one up there tries to play trail fuhrer and tell you that you need their permission to do trailwork. And that's what I want to do. My own trailwork and my own thing without Mark getting in my face and Sharon's face

amen.

You two are always welcome up here

Pastor of Muppets

Sept. 2, 2015, 7:22 p.m.

Lee,

Mark raised his voice while talking to your wife?

Yup. The first time (Oct 2014) we were hiking up Crippler. His posture was aggressive, his tone was aggressive and his voice was aggressive. Sharon doesn't like being bullied and voices got raised on both sides. I witnessed that.

The second time has been covered in Dear Woodro part 2 and was during the 2015 NSMBA Townhall. I wasn't there to witness that but in her own words things got pretty heated on both sides. Same thing. Aggressive tone, aggressive questions and aggressive posture (chest stuck out, arms crossed, red-faced). Skip and Mudhoney were there to witness it - I wasn't so please correct me if I'm wrong. That particular episode bothered her a lot

Sharon does not want any interaction with him. No talk. No contact. No realworld or online harassment. She doesn't want the aggro or confrontation. She feels uncomfortable enough on Shore trails that she carries a camera around just in case she runs into Mark. When she saw a red truck on the Mountain Highway access road she dropped back down to Griffin (a parallel trail to Mtn Highway) because she was worried it was Mark and wanted to avoid him.

This is why I've asked him to agree to leave her alone

Sept. 2, 2015, 7:32 p.m.

LOL. the funny thing is that Sharon could probably kick his ass.

Pastor of Muppets

Sept. 2, 2015, 7:47 p.m.

Well done. You have pretty much solidified your reputation and it is not good. I warned you (in your first thread posted as Trail fairy and then privately) that you would do more harm to your position if you continued along this route.

So while some people will still stand behind you, I fear that you have lost the support of a mostly quiet majority and I find that sad. You and Sharon have done so much work to legitimize mountain biking on the North Shore. But this childish sniping here and on facebook diminishes all that effort in the eyes of many.

Dave

The first time you told me just to leave things alone and let things continue in their natural course and let Mark learn to control himself. I told you that I've watched Sharon turn the other cheek for 4 years now while all this petty BS by Mark has occurred. The lies about her about James , blackmailing our friends, all of this and you just told me to be patient and let Mark burn himself. I've asked the NSMBA TWICE to control Mark. They've failed miserably.

I was going to ask you - what would you do Dave if someone was doing this to your wife? But I guess I know the answer.

And spare me the respect about all the work Sharon and I have done for biking on the Shore. Not a single one of you care that this creature Mark Wood is harassing Sharon, who has turned the other cheek and remains blameless in this.

Sept. 2, 2015, 7:49 p.m.

Lee, I don't know you, but after all of this, I don't want to.
Mark, I met you once, but after all of this, I don't want to go any further.

This thread let me think that:
- I don't want to do any trail building anymore
- I'm new at mountain biking and don't want to be involved in the community anymore
- too much drama around, grow up guys
- just ride your bike, smile, laugh, breath, live…

I don't care what you think, I don't give a f*ck, I just want to go out and enjoy this beautiful BC…

now, I'm logging out of this forum, and won't renew my NSMBA membership; Better to be alone than in bad company

Sept. 2, 2015, 8 p.m.

Jesus man, read between the lines. This isn't rocket science. You can figure out the answers to most of these with a basic understanding of human behavior. I've barely ever spoken to Mark, and in no way speak for him, but I would guess:

1) Building trails on the shore is Mark's livelihood and passion. He has an overall plan for things, and having another party building trails in the same area means trails get built that don;t fit with that plan. Should Mark have the authority to insist that his plan be the only plan for the shore? No, but so long as you both keep on behaving like babies and not speaking to each other so things will continue. To this end, your proposed solution of 'leaving each other alone' wont work.

Shar and I and others (Synchro, PD, Wade) have worked on C-Buster and trails around that area since 2003. We first started putting in Shorn Scrotum in 2010. Mark Wood only started working in the CMHC area in 2011 when he continued Gnomer from Metro land (he put in Gnomer into Metro without a permit while he was employed by the NSMBA).

He never told us about a plan. We didn't even know he was working in there till later but he sure as heck knew we were in there.

Let me ask you a question respectfully. How could we know about a plan if he never told us?

Is there even a plan? Others (Synchro I believe - sorry to put you on the spot) have asked the NSMBA if there's an overall trail plan and been answered in the negative. If there's a plan for the CMHC how about telling other builders in the area? Or maybe putting it on the NSMBA website?

Let me ask you another question and again thanks for bringing this up and hope you don't take this the wrong way. One person (Mark Wood) is a relative noob and comes into an area where others have been working for many years. Onus on the noob to find out who's his neighbour in the surrounding trails and to figure out how to work together - sounds reasonable or not?

And finally I've tried speaking to him. Even offered to speak through a mediator so hopefully he would feel more comfortable which is kind of ridiculous in itself in that it almost seems like government - union negotiations. Offered to speak to him in front of the NSMBA BOD. Every time he's rejected speaking to me. I can't force him to speak to me - So what do I do?

Having groups working in isolation without talking to each other is in nobodies interest. I have no doubt that you two are way past the point of no return, but surely you have to see that the right way to go about this would be for both groups to collaborate and come up with a plan they all agree on and can work towards?

There are currently four groups working in the CMHC. One is the NSMBA. One is Skip/Mudhoney. One is Sharon and me. One is a group that prefers to remain anonymous.

Skip/Mudhoney are great neighbours. When they built Penny Lane we talked about the intersection and they told us what they were doing and it was great. When they worked on Severed we talked about the Shorn/Severed intersection and again it was great. When we see stuff down on their trail we move it and tell them and they appreciate it and its vice-versa. We talk. We communicate. When we've got trail projects we keep an eye out for them and they for us and its awesome. The main thing is though that they have manners. Mark doesn't. All we've had from his hostility and lies. And now this story that he has this plan (which he won't disclose) and that somehow our work is messing up his plan. Do you see why I'm skeptical?

Sept. 2, 2015, 8:03 p.m.

I'm usually not in favour of thread deletions and bans on internet forums, and I really enjoy the light hand of moderation that rules this place. But holy fuck this is ridiculous. You two douches want to battle it out with lawyers, go for it, but why do you have to air that shit out here… I would be more than happy if this thread and all related just 'disappeared'.

I didn't want lawyers involved. I offered to talk to him with a mediator present so he could feel more comfortable. I offered to talk to him in front of the NSMBA BoD. Both denied.

I was OK with not bumping the Dear Woodros or posting up more stuff and letting things cool off. Then I got served with his lawyers letter.

He still has a standing offer to meet so we can talk this through If he wants to keep siccing his lawyer on me then that's his choice.

Sept. 2, 2015, 8:04 p.m.

Hi there,

While Mark is within his rights to have sought legal council and that the NSMBA supports our employee during this difficult time, no costs related to this matter have been covered by the NSMBA.

To be clear, the NSMBA has not incurred any expense related to any matter relating to the aforementioned letter or the exchange between Mr. Mark Wood and Mr. Lee Lau.

regards,
Rachid

NSMBA Treasurer

Rachid,

Thanks for clarifying that Vince's offer to have an August cooling off period was not meaningful insofar as you never intended for it to apply to Mark Wood's interaction with me. Thanks for also clarifying that you have no control over Mark Wood.

Sept. 2, 2015, 8:08 p.m.

Lee, you know that during the cooling-off period you took actions that increased the stress on Mark. You cannot expect him to do nothing when you are still doing things.

When you asked me to get involved in this you said that you just wanted to be left alone. I am open to assisting to find an end to this conflict, but continuing to raise this in public makes it more difficult.

You have quite the gall. The NSMBA asked for an August cooling off period. I told you that I would not bump the Dear Woodro threads in August. I told you that I would not post anything more about Mark in August. Then Mark Wood retains a lawyer and sics the lawyer on me - in August with total disrespect for the NSMBA's cooling off period.

And why? Because apparently I am talking to people who also have grievances with Mark and his bullying? So now you're telling me that my talking to people who don't like Mark stresses him out so much that he threatens me with legal action. There's lots of people who've made countless apologies and excuses for Mark's aberrant behaviour. I didn't think you would be one of them

Sept. 2, 2015, 8:12 p.m.

Does anyone believe that getting (more) lawyers involved will improve this situation in any way?

Absolutely not. That's why I invited Mark to talk with a mediator present and asked to talk to Mark with the NSMBA BoD present. I'm still astounded that he lawyered up

I still believe the best way for this to be resolved is by talking to each other. He has to agree to talk to me and he has to agree to leave Sharon alone. If he does this then this is all over. Am I being unreasonable here?