Dear Woodro Part 3

Sept. 1, 2015, 12:35 p.m.

…surely you have to see that the right way to go about this would be for both groups to collaborate and come up with a plan they all agree on and can work towards?

from what i read that's been attempted on Lee's part including his suggestion of meeting with an independent mediator. unfortunatley that offer has been declined. without knowing all the paticulars though, i can say i understand why mark wood felt it was necessary to get a lawyer to draft a letter on his behalf. it's a sticky situation and maybe it's at that point where communication needs to happen thru lawyers or with lawyers present. if that's what it takes to sort this all out and put it to rest then so be it.

We don't know what our limits are, so to start something with the idea of being limited actually ends up limiting us.
Ellen Langer

Sept. 1, 2015, 12:39 p.m.

I'm usually not in favour of thread deletions and bans on internet forums, and I really enjoy the light hand of moderation that rules this place. But holy fuck this is ridiculous. You two douches want to battle it out with lawyers, go for it, but why do you have to air that shit out here… I would be more than happy if this thread and all related just 'disappeared'.

Sept. 1, 2015, 12:42 p.m.

I'm usually not in favour of thread deletions and bans on internet forums, and I really enjoy the light hand of moderation that rules this place. But holy fuck this is ridiculous. You two douches want to battle it out with lawyers, go for it, but why do you have to air that shit out here… I would be more than happy if this thread and all related just 'disappeared'.

:werd:

http://www.epiccyclist.com/

Sept. 1, 2015, 12:53 p.m.

:werd: X2

Sept. 1, 2015, 1:09 p.m.

I'd like to encourage everyone who passes by here not to post up a reply. Lee's "Dear Woodro" anthology has only been successful in hurting our community. the sooner it descends down the thread list the better it is for all of us.

and no , Cam won't delete it.

Sept. 1, 2015, 1:49 p.m.

Gosh, part III. Unreal…

If my NSMBA membership dollars are going toward legal fees on this matter, I am very disappoint.

That letter probably cost $1K (or more) to research and compose. That's a lot of trail maintenance, is it not?

I gotta think there is a little SIUP that could be applied here.

Hi there,

While Mark is within his rights to have sought legal council and that the NSMBA supports our employee during this difficult time, no costs related to this matter have been covered by the NSMBA.

To be clear, the NSMBA has not incurred any expense related to any matter relating to the aforementioned letter or the exchange between Mr. Mark Wood and Mr. Lee Lau.

regards,
Rachid

NSMBA Treasurer

web: nsmba.ca
email: [email protected]

Trails for all, trails forever.

Sept. 1, 2015, 1:55 p.m.

Glad to hear it.

Peach out!

Sept. 1, 2015, 2:16 p.m.

:werd: x 3

Sept. 1, 2015, 2:23 p.m.

As I have said before, I would love to have this go away. It reflects terribly on our community and gives ammunition to those who oppose us.

Our desire to have this disappear must not influence the way we moderate this bulletin board. That would not be ethical and it would give the impression that we are taking sides in this dispute.

Abusing power is not in our mandate.

Sept. 1, 2015, 2:24 p.m.

I learned:
Don't be a bully in person.
Don't be a bully on the internet.

If having this all just go away is what we think is best for our community, retaining a lawyer to demand a public apology is not the move of someone who just wants this to all go away. I'll stop paying attention when it stops being interesting.

Sept. 1, 2015, 3:55 p.m.

Summary: Mark Wood retains a lawyer. Accuses me of defamation. Does this during the NSMBA - North Shore Mountain Bike Association August cooling-off period. Just more examples of how much Mark Wood respects his employers wishes

Lee, you know that during the cooling-off period you took actions that increased the stress on Mark. You cannot expect him to do nothing when you are still doing things.

When you asked me to get involved in this you said that you just wanted to be left alone. I am open to assisting to find an end to this conflict, but continuing to raise this in public makes it more difficult.

Sept. 1, 2015, 4:28 p.m.

I learned:
Don't be a bully in person.
Don't be a bully on the internet.

If having this all just go away is what we think is best for our community, retaining a lawyer to demand a public apology is not the move of someone who just wants this to all go away. I'll stop paying attention when it stops being interesting.

Hi Lee.

Wrong. Always.

Sept. 1, 2015, 5:35 p.m.

Wow. Lawyers. Obviously too much money. My dad told me it takes a bigger man to walk.

The part that someone thinks that the North Shore is Mark's vision is delusionary. Mark may have a view of the way things SHOULD go, but whether he is or gets the final word is another matter. He certainly does not speak for me nor has my endorsement. And how idiotic is it to slam someone willing to do ANY work on trails given the demand for work, of any type, simply because it may not fall within a certain paradigm or what one person thinks. That attitude, to me, is the epitome of childish.

Funny, we seemed to do fine before all this came along. But like anything, once it goes mainstream it attracts people. And with that, you get people, of all types. Good, bad or indifferent but certainly not irrelevant.

Sept. 1, 2015, 7:39 p.m.

You guys both sound like a bunch of bitches and both should go f*ck yourselves. This is beyond stupid and immature. Glad I am moving back up North.

This.

Originally posted by Purecanadianhoney
I don't see how hard it would be to scrape out the head of your cock once in a while.

Sept. 1, 2015, 7:53 p.m.

This is going beyond mere car crashes…..

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=xzkWTcDZFH0

treezz
wow you are a ass