Dear Woodro Part 3

Sept. 1, 2015, 10:30 a.m.

http://www.leelau.net/2015/woodro/woodro.html#part3 - just when you thought it was over.

Summary: Mark Wood retains a lawyer. Accuses me of defamation. Does this during the NSMBA - North Shore Mountain Bike Association August cooling-off period. Just more examples of how much Mark Wood respects his employers wishes

Here is Mark's lawyer's letter.

Sept. 1, 2015, 10:31 a.m.

I made the offer to Mark when he started his campaign of harassment of Sharon to meet and talk about things. He declined. I will make this offer again.

Mark Wood - it is up to you to decide whether or not you want this out in public or whether you want it discussed in private. We can discuss things with lawyers present. We can also discuss things with a mediator present. Whatever makes you feel more comfortable and less intimidated.

My questions to Mark Wood:

1. I understand the fact that Sharon and I want to do trailwork independently of the NSMBA without your permission enrages you. Why do you feel you have authority over Sharon or myself?

2. I understand the fact that Sharon and Wade want to continue putting out the MTB Trails map book without asking for any input from you enrages you. Why do you feel you have authority over MTBTrails?

3. I understand the fact that Sharon and James want to use their money to pay other people to do trailwork in land where the NSMBA has no jurisdiction enrages you. Why do you feel you have authority over Sharon/James?

4. I understand the fact that you have no authority over Sharon and I enrages you. Would it not be better for all concerned (including your state of mind) if you just agreed to leave Sharon and I alone given that what we do is none of your business?

Sept. 1, 2015, 10:32 a.m.

and finally I had to retain a lawyer to respond to Mark's lawyer. Here is my lawyer's response

Sept. 1, 2015, 10:49 a.m.

Both of the lawyers must also think that this is ridiculous.

Sept. 1, 2015, 10:55 a.m.

You guys both sound like a bunch of bitches and both should go f*ck yourselves. This is beyond stupid and immature. Glad I am moving back up North.

Sept. 1, 2015, 10:57 a.m.

Both of the lawyers must also think that this is ridiculous.

I don't know, clearly they are the winners.

Sept. 1, 2015, 11 a.m.

Welcome to the U.S.Of A. the only winners are the Lawyers

Sept. 1, 2015, 11:08 a.m.

Jesus. And the decline of Vancouver is because of Asian investors? No it's because of lawyers and trail builders who think their shit doesn't stink.

Wrong. Always.

Sept. 1, 2015, 11:11 a.m.

This thread makes me so fucking angry I feel like skidding/rear brake rodneying every trail known to mankind!!!!

Ah, that feels better.
:D

Wrong. Always.

Sept. 1, 2015, 11:14 a.m.

Lee,

Mark raised his voice while talking to your wife?

Your 0.02 opinion is worthless. Since Feb 2013, pennies have to be rounded down. Sorry.

Sept. 1, 2015, 11:14 a.m.

Well done. You have pretty much solidified your reputation and it is not good. I warned you (in your first thread posted as Trail fairy and then privately) that you would do more harm to your position if you continued along this route.

So while some people will still stand behind you, I fear that you have lost the support of a mostly quiet majority and I find that sad. You and Sharon have done so much work to legitimize mountain biking on the North Shore. But this childish sniping here and on facebook diminishes all that effort in the eyes of many.

Dave

Sept. 1, 2015, 11:38 a.m.

This seems like arguing over toys in the sandbox.

Sept. 1, 2015, 12:01 p.m.

Sept. 1, 2015, 12:07 p.m.

Gosh, part III. Unreal…

If my NSMBA membership dollars are going toward legal fees on this matter, I am very disappoint.

That letter probably cost $1K (or more) to research and compose. That's a lot of trail maintenance, is it not?

I gotta think there is a little SIUP that could be applied here.

Sept. 1, 2015, 12:08 p.m.

My questions to Mark Wood:

1. I understand the fact that Sharon and I want to do trailwork independently of the NSMBA without your permission enrages you. Why do you feel you have authority over Sharon or myself?

2. I understand the fact that Sharon and Wade want to continue putting out the MTB Trails map book without asking for any input from you enrages you. Why do you feel you have authority over MTBTrails?

3. I understand the fact that Sharon and James want to use their money to pay other people to do trailwork in land where the NSMBA has no jurisdiction enrages you. Why do you feel you have authority over Sharon/James?

4. I understand the fact that you have no authority over Sharon and I enrages you. Would it not be better for all concerned (including your state of mind) if you just agreed to leave Sharon and I alone given that what we do is none of your business?

Jesus man, read between the lines. This isn't rocket science. You can figure out the answers to most of these with a basic understanding of human behavior. I've barely ever spoken to Mark, and in no way speak for him, but I would guess:

1) Building trails on the shore is Mark's livelihood and passion. He has an overall plan for things, and having another party building trails in the same area means trails get built that don;t fit with that plan. Should Mark have the authority to insist that his plan be the only plan for the shore? No, but so long as you both keep on behaving like babies and not speaking to each other so things will continue. To this end, your proposed solution of 'leaving each other alone' wont work.

2) Meh. No comment here.

3) See 1) above.

4) Again, see 1) above.

Having groups working in isolation without talking to each other is in nobodies interest. I have no doubt that you two are way past the point of no return, but surely you have to see that the right way to go about this would be for both groups to collaborate and come up with a plan they all agree on and can work towards?