Dear Woodro Part 3

Sept. 7, 2015, noon

I will say this: you would think with the modern world as it is and with the knowledge of social media/media boards etc… I have to hand it to Lee to not chicken out and stand up and face the fire and answer posts made at him or against him. Mark has done nothing but be silent, and yet expects to be taken at face value. Now, I am no lawyer, but when one is accused wrongly usually they stand up and fight tooth and nail to get the truth out. Silence is the confirmer of guilt.

Personally I do not like the general direction of the trail ethos and the dumbing down/smoothing down of trails for more convenient access (Upper Dales comes to mind) and I do not financially support NSMBA on this mantra. Moreover, I cannot support, financially, a group that has taken a trail like Oilcan and totally destroyed it. I walk up it every time I ride Fromme and it is devoid of soul, interest, features, excitement or thought. It is the epitome to me of everything wrong with trail planning, and whom is involved in that? NSMBA. If you want a smoothe groomed run do Espresso. But the state of limbo Oilcan is in is indicative to me that the NSMBA is more concerned with UP trails (when both Seymour and Fromme have perfectly good UP routes, albeit boring, I admit) instead of thinking of the reason you are going up in the first place: to go down.

Personally, I think the best resolution to all of this is to remove Mark Wood and put in a totally new crew. Like politics, everything is tainted and if one is to have any faith in a group or organization, it must have the appearance, if not substance, of integrity to not only survive but grown. And all of this morass proves how little there is and people like me, whom have been around for 30+ years will not support what is perceived to be a clusterf-k. Until it changes I will do my maintenance bits off the grid.

Strange that you never hear of any shit, libel, or ill word against Digger. I wonder why.

You are mixing up issues here. The fact that you don't like the trail work that has gone on recently has nothing to do with this situation. It's like the frog lady saying she wants to ban MTB because of environmental issues and then, when someone gets hurt, she wants to ban MTB for safety. She'll change her stripes to suit her goals because she simply hates mountain bikers. You are using the same logic.

If Mark was fighting for your vision of the Shore you wouldn't have any issue with him. That's the sort of polarized approach that belongs in the Tea Party - not in the mountain bike community.

You oppose Mark because some trails aren't appropriate (or can't be ridden well) on a 45 lb bike with a Monster T up front.

No one else is suggesting that Mark's work at the nsmbA has been anything but excellent. His efforts and the TAP initiative have moved the trails ahead leaps and bounds. Mark and I have had our disagreements (he unfriended me on FB and real life - because we disagreed about The Watchmen) but that doesn't prevent me from recognizing his tireless effort and commitment to this community.

People who only complain because the trails aren't being made and maintained in keeping with their personal vision - and who then try and undermine the volunteers who put in countless hours making sure trails are sustainable while ensuring continued access - are part of the problem.

PS - If you were informed about these issues you'd know that Upper Dale's had nothing to do with the nsmbA. A clear indication of the validity of your opinion on this matter.

PPS - You 'gotta hand it to Lee' for not chickening out but you post here anonymously?

PPPS - your point about Digger is what exactly? That he plays well with others? That he isn't a shit disturber? Or that he builds trails you like? Guess who was the brains (and much of the brawn) behind Expresso? Yep. Digger. Again - it doesn't seem like you know what you are talking about.

PPPPS - there was a time when you liked Lower Oilcan? That's what you think trails should be like?

Sept. 7, 2015, 1:28 p.m.

good post cam, i was going to say pretty much the same thing.

We don't know what our limits are, so to start something with the idea of being limited actually ends up limiting us.
Ellen Langer

Sept. 7, 2015, 3:36 p.m.

Seems I have been agreeing with alot of what Cam has been saying lately. I must be getting old or something.

Sept. 7, 2015, 4:30 p.m.

Lee, what are you really trying to accomplish with these threads? What is the true ultimate goal here? These are real questions by the way I'm not trying to be clever.

Sept. 7, 2015, 4:57 p.m.

Lee, what are you really trying to accomplish with these threads? What is the true ultimate goal here? These are real questions by the way I'm not trying to be clever.

He wants Mark to leave Sharon alone ;)

I rode for a couple of hours on Fromme yesterday and saw one other rider. Most times I won't see more than 3. I know that if I park on MTN Highway on a Sunday morning and ride up that way, I might well see Digger or maybe Peter Morin on my way up or on the trails. I think I maybe helped Heckler or a buddy move a big log down Natural Highway years ago, and Lee was there too. I bumped into Mark and Pat once. I bumped into Ewan on AA and helped him move some stuff on the way down…
Basically what I am saying is that it's pretty bloody hard to come across anyone that you don't want to see on the North Shore. It's massive! Sure, you'll see someone on official trail days (Mark on 'Skid Road Reroute', Digger on Expresso days etc), but if you don't want to see them for any reason then don't go! There are of course NSMBA meetings, but what's going to happen other a few mardy expressions? Is Mark going to crack open Sharon's skull with a Pulaski? As for all the on-line stuff…..a load of 'dumbing down the Shore' trolling from various accounts Vs some comments on Trail Forks? I guess they are probably at a draw on that one at the moment….

treezz
wow you are a ass

Sept. 7, 2015, 6:20 p.m.

I don't think "dumbing down the shore" has anything to do with the issue at hand.

Sept. 7, 2015, 6:34 p.m.

I love the boycotting of the NSMBA from the outcasts of the north shore. I am sure the absence of their support will be noticed..(lol)

Many of you a-holes are upset at mark and the Nsmba because you aren't getting your way. The terrible Mark Wood and NSMBA are ruining the shore by converting old forgotten trails into something new. Getting closer to creating a well rounded network of trails for the mountain biking community… But not you.
That's because things are moving forward and you and your small circle of internet friends are stuck in the stoneage (literally).

"people like me, whom have been around for 30+ years"

Go away.

Digger has adapted. Seen the need for the change. I guess in your eyes he too must be working against all the people he built trails for in the first place.

Ps. How is this not in NBR yet? Is 'The Shore' section of this forum now the place for all of us to air out our dirty laundry? Can we rename this section of the forum to "the clothesline"?

Pps. As BoozytheClown said.. Lee and Sharon - leave us alone.

Actually, it has turned into you thinking this thread is about ^that but it is about Woody boy being angro boy to others which includes screaming in women's faces and sending a lawyer out to try to condone his misbehaviour. Just like 'you' and the NSMBA that want to be 'left alone' to not listen to others, now others are not wanting to listen to you; don't be naive that it is 'out of towners' that you have lost support from here. Let that sink in a bit.

Sept. 7, 2015, 6:39 p.m.

I love the boycotting of the NSMBA from the outcasts of the north shore. I am sure the absence of their support will be noticed..(lol)

yes, i would agree with you here that that position is rather silly.

Many of you a-holes are upset at mark and the Nsmba because you aren't getting your way. The terrible Mark Wood and NSMBA are ruining the shore by converting old forgotten trails into something new. Getting closer to creating a well rounded network of trails for the mountain biking community… But not you.
That's because things are moving forward and you and your small circle of internet friends are stuck in the stoneage (literally).

"people like me, whom have been around for 30+ years"

Go away.

Digger has adapted. Seen the need for the change. I guess in your eyes he too must be working against all the people he built trails for in the first place.

Ps. How is this not in NBR yet? Is 'The Shore' section of this forum now the place for all of us to air out our dirty laundry? Can we rename this section of the forum to "the clothesline"?

Pps. As BoozytheClown said.. Lee and Sharon - leave us alone.

however the rest of your post is:

We don't know what our limits are, so to start something with the idea of being limited actually ends up limiting us.
Ellen Langer

Sept. 7, 2015, 6:40 p.m.

leave us alone.

As a complete third party in all this, can you help me out and tell me who "us" is?

Sept. 7, 2015, 6:51 p.m.

blackfly - I see you tried to send me a PM but my inbox is full. Feel free to email me if you like.

Sept. 7, 2015, 6:53 p.m.

yes, i would agree with you here that that position is rather silly.

however the rest of your post is:

Thanks Mark, that means a lot.

Sept. 7, 2015, 6:54 p.m.

I don't think "dumbing down the shore" has anything to do with the issue at hand.

Really? You've not read the attacks on here over the last few years from certain anonymous forum names? I can be an online dick at times, and some of the great people I know can be too, so in some respects I don't care, but if someone is in charge of a project, and someone else is constantly sticking the needle in (and has since apologized on here IIRC), it's hardly surprising that there is tension. As for 'screaming' commented by Zedbra, again Lee has changed his story on this, as it transpired that his side of the story was somewhat exaggerated.

It's all a big shitshow, and people taking sides when they don't even live in the area or know anything about what is going on doesn't exactly help. Who's the winner here? At this rate it'll be the mad frog lady.

(FTR, I'm 'neutral' as both sides are good people. I just find the polarizing arguing pretty tedious)

treezz
wow you are a ass

Sept. 7, 2015, 6:59 p.m.

Thanks Mark, that means a lot.

if you want to have any credibility at least make some effort to stay on point. if you look at all of this objectively, there are numerous people who wish to see this resolved in a manner then works for all parties, including me. but for someone who wants this to go away i'm surpised to see you're still posting.

you just don't have enough discipline to stay away eh?

Ellen Langer

Sept. 7, 2015, 7 p.m.

Really? You've not read the attacks on here over the last few years from certain anonymous forum names? I can be an online dick at times, and some of the great people I know can be too, so in some respects I don't care, but if someone is in charge of a project, and someone else is constantly sticking the needle in (and has since apologized on here IIRC), it's hardly surprising that there is tension. As for 'screaming' commented by Zedbra, again Lee has changed his story on this, as it transpired that his side of the story was somewhat exaggerated.

It's all a big shitshow, and people taking sides when they don't even live in the area or know anything about what is going on doesn't exactly help. Who's the winner here? At this rate it'll be the mad frog lady.

(FTR, I'm 'neutral' as both sides are good people. I just find the polarizing arguing pretty tedious)

Just for the record I'm on Sharon and Lee's side.

Sept. 7, 2015, 7:03 p.m.

My issue here is one person using his "authority" to stick his nose into the business of others whom he has no jurisdiction over….and the one person's employer turning a blind eye to it,perhaps even condoning it.

Pastor of Muppets