Dear Woodro Part 2

July 20, 2015, 10:35 p.m.

You're right. I've been snarky and childish with the "golden berm", "dumbing down" etc etc sniping. It's childish. It's not helpful. I'll stop.

Really stand up answer, thanks. I hope you can resolve things…

July 20, 2015, 11:23 p.m.

There has been a response. Mark has deleted his accounts on here, there was that out of the blue NSMBA coffee morning, and the NSMBA facebook page has been portrarying him in a positive light, riding with kids and such.

Well then maybe his sidekick trail donkey can relay the answers for him

July 21, 2015, 8:19 a.m.

Which opens another question. Director burn out has always been a problem with the NSMBA. With this level of behaviour is Lee aware of the damage he is causing and the risk of a mass exodus of the entire board? I have no evidence to support this but I would not be suprised that if Lee keeps going this might be a problem? Rachid already announced his departure. I wonder who is next.

Also while I'm still going. Lee what is your end game here? You obviously want Mark gone. Do you have a replacement in mind? Do you want to disband TAP? Where do you see this going,

Best not to blame the Doctor for pointing out the disease.

If the NSMBA is afraid of losing Mark if he's integral to the TAP program, why not hire him as a contractor to insulate them from his behavior?

July 21, 2015, 9:09 a.m.

But Good God, they are only trails! I hope these guys and gals can all get together and work it out. I'm not picking sides … and I'm not a betting man.

Life is way to easy for some. I hope for them they never face real problems in life. At least it's pretty entertaining, reminds me a bit of Donald Duck… oops I mean Trump.:fruit:

http://www.epiccyclist.com/

July 21, 2015, 10:05 p.m.

I'm hoping that the other parties make an appearance and help set the record straight from their point of view.

Lee Lau is a lawyer I bet he's careful not to print stuff that will get him in trouble. What he says is probably true, or so close there's nothing they can do about it but keep their heads down and wait for this to blow over.

There's more to the story I bet. I try not be too quick to judge until I hear all the sides.

July 23, 2015, 3:13 a.m.

[INDENT][/INDENT]I believe some of these issues are discussed/mentioned on page 9 of under "COMMENTS FROM LEE LAU (FORMER PRESIDENT OF THE NSMBA)" - First Point, - Second Point and - Third Point.

https://drive.google.com/file/d/0BybBpJdymDJvZ053dk1lVXFPYnM/view

[INDENT]"The language the NSMBA has chosen to describe builders that choose not to work under the NSMBA umbrella is unproductive. Suggest “independent” rather than “rogue” or “renegade”. Focus should be on caring for quality of the trails built, rather than who builds them."[/INDENT]

The NSMBA has a lot in common with Sleeman beer - they were both once pirate brews. With deep respect to that tradition, the NSMBA should re-frame the language used to describe non-NSMBA builders. And yet, the NSMBA is a well organized association that can better the trails for everyone - when as many as possible can cooperate with a mutually agreed common vision.

It does not appear from those minutes that everyone sees eye to eye.

July 23, 2015, 1 p.m.

+1.5 points for the Sleeman beer analogy.

July 23, 2015, 2:04 p.m.

that certainly is a part of it. Some independent builders perceive a 'with us or against us' attitude coming from the NSMBA these days, even though thats not the directors' perspective. A little more mutual respect would go along ways and the whole biking community would benefit.

Builders trashing each others' work unnecessarily just hurts the community and that needs to stop.

WTB Frequency i23 rim, 650b NEW - $40

July 23, 2015, 10:32 p.m.

Lee Lau is a lawyer I bet he's careful not to print stuff that will get him in trouble. What he says is probably true, or so close there's nothing they can do about it but keep their heads down and wait for this to blow over.

There's more to the story I bet. I try not be too quick to judge until I hear all the sides.

Yes. I stuck to what Mark said either in PMs or in emails.

Many have said they wish they could hear both sides. You have no idea how much I wish I could get a straight answer from Mark. According to Mark it's us that started it. We've asked and not gotten answers on what we did.

The blackmail PM to the JD Builder - apparently he was "trying to get our attention". Most people email or call.

The accusations that Wade and Sharon put illegal trails on the map-book. No answer on what we did to provoke that. The accusations that James and Sharon planned to build an illegal trail into Metro. No answer on what we did to provoke that. Changing Asian Adonis's description. Apparently I said something to "disrespect his friend's trailwork"; no specifics. I have no idea what I was supposed to have said. What did I do? What did I say? Let me know what I said so I'm not left guessing so that out of the blue you just start blowing your top at Sharon and I.

And while I'm at it. If I'm the smartass and the one you hate; Mark have a go at me but leave Sharon out of it. Fine she did a mapbook with Wade and the NSMBA couldn't come to an agreement to cooperate with it. Fine both James and her took their money they earned and built a trail for the community without letting you know. But she's independent and there's lot of reasons the NSMBA and MTBTrails/NSBF couldn't agree - you got to get over it. Or at least you got to come clean and tell her (and Wade, James and me) why you're so mad that you can't leave her and them/me alone.

Sharon's a big girl and can handle herself. But after having you scream and yell at her and get in her face twice (once on the trail in late 2014 and once after the 2015 Town Hall; in front of witnesses both times) she's taken to carrying a camera around with her in case she sees you. Is that fair? This has got to stop.

And until I have some assurance that Mark will leave Sharon alone I don't see it stopping.

July 24, 2015, 7:50 a.m.

Yes

Sharon's a big girl and can handle herself. But after having you scream and yell at her and get in her face twice (once on the trail in late 2014 and once after the 2015 Town Hall; in front of witnesses both times) she's taken to carrying a camera around with her in case she sees you. Is that fair? This has got to stop.

Lee, your a better man than me. I would not be as civil as you at this point.

But seriously. We all talk about assault in various forms against women. Intimidation is something to. Those who have seen this activity and this individuals behaviour. Well…you always say "Why didn't anyone say anything?" when we hear of this stuff in the news. When people who know this is happening stay silent and don't speak up your silence condones and encourages their behaviour.

www.thisiswhy.co.uk

www.teamnfi.blogspot.com/

July 24, 2015, 6:54 p.m.

Please. Mark Wood seems like a peaceable gentle soul. You can't hang someone for raising their voice or getting in your face.
This is ridiculous! … Ludicrous!!! (channeling Judge Clark Brown from Boston Legal there)

You don't want to see Angry Lee.

www.thisiswhy.co.uk

July 24, 2015, 7:28 p.m.

Please. Mark Wood seems like a peaceable gentle soul. You can't hang someone for raising their voice or getting in your face.
This is ridiculous! … Ludicrous!!! (channeling Judge Clark Brown from Boston Legal there)

People have bad days, I get that - but you'd only yell in my wife's face once without tasting blood in your teeth

July 24, 2015, 11:35 p.m.

People have bad days, I get that - but you'd only yell in my wife's face once without tasting blood in your teeth

This is why I say Lee is a better man than I. When some Freetard ran my wife off the trail. I patiently waited for three years till I ran into him again on the trail. He has been well behaved since.

www.thisiswhy.co.uk

July 25, 2015, midnight

Too much testosterone. This is the shore forum; please keep it civil.

It is easy to dodge our responsibilities, but we cannot dodge the consequences of dodging our responsibilities.
- Josiah Stamp

Every time I see an adult on a bicycle, I no longer despair for the future of the human race.
- H.G. Wells

July 25, 2015, 6:39 a.m.

Too much testosterone. This is the shore forum; please keep it civil.

why? because yelling at Sharon and harassing her in front of witnesses in the first place was oh-so-civil? I'm sorry, but are you joking? Don't you see the irony in your statement?