Dear Woodro Part 1

July 12, 2015, 3:56 p.m.

A couple of days ago I rode up Good Sir Martin and then down Asian Adonis and pretty much had a good old time to myself. So much thanks to the builders of both.
Isn't it amazing that everyone spends so much time dicking about and arguing, yet, as far as I can see, not one single post on NSMB about 1km of new trail opening up.

Actually It's 1.5km of pure awesomeness, but who's strava-ing anyways.

July 12, 2015, 4:30 p.m.

I guess I'm just stupid then.

No, you are not stupid, how were you supposed to know the Lee is TrailFairy.

July 12, 2015, 6:18 p.m.

Enough of the sticks and stones.
Maybe one to many expresso's?
Word is coming down the pipeline that this thread has gone over the boundary, and needs some salvation.

I could go on but….

Just to put things in perspective, we have things a little better than the riders in Cambodia.

Chainsmoker 8)

July 12, 2015, 7:02 p.m.

I bet Ewan probably would say it isn't his best work either, but that's just my opinion (dont rake me over having an opinion eh?

An opinion is saying, "Asian Adonis isn't my cup of tea" for this and this and that reason, and I'd have no problem with you writing that. But betting against a probability is gambling, and if it's down to that, I would bet that you have no right to tell everybody what the builder thinks, especially when you haven't spoken to him about it at any length.

I have no vested interest in this shit show of a thread, or the Asian Adonis trail for that matter, aside from the fact that I speak with the trail builder regularly and have an idea about his opinions.

I also know that "dubprof" is some dude who I'm pretty sure hates bacon and works at a job where he only puts out 50%. I mean, I know the guy from his ideas, right?

This thread is a perfect example of the vapidness of the Internet and the divisiveness of modern discourse.

"It's, like, so much fun."

July 12, 2015, 10:08 p.m.

These clipless vs flats arguments sure get out of control sometimes.

Wrong. Always.

July 12, 2015, 10:31 p.m.

An opinion is saying, "Asian Adonis isn't my cup of tea" for this and this and that reason, and I'd have no problem with you writing that. But betting against a probability is gambling, and if it's down to that, I would bet that you have no right to tell everybody what the builder thinks, especially when you haven't spoken to him about it at any length.

I have no vested interest in this shit show of a thread, or the Asian Adonis trail for that matter, aside from the fact that I speak with the trail builder regularly and have an idea about his opinions.

I also know that "dubprof" is some dude who I'm pretty sure hates bacon and works at a job where he only puts out 50%. I mean, I know the guy from his ideas, right?

This thread is a perfect example of the vapidness of the Internet and the divisiveness of modern discourse.

well - ask Ewan if he thinks AA is his best work….i bet he says it aint. And no, you don't know me. My position was that Ewan has cranked out some serious awesomeness when it comes to trails and AA most likely isnt his signature trail….but if he says it is, then my opinion is incorrect.

yes I am some dude, no i dont like bacon and yes I work for the govt. Nice streak youre on.

I'm ignoring Smedley.

July 13, 2015, 6:08 a.m.

Everybody only does one 'best' thing in their lives so you're kinda being an ass here, but I also know that the builder doesn't have a ranked list of top completed projects sitting on his fridge.

I took issue with you implying that Ewan didn't put a significant effort into his work on AA, and that you had inside knowledge of his approach and thoughts. If you have no idea about something or somebody, and you're basically making stuff up about them or their work, you're gonna get called on it. Whether you let it slide or keep bonking your head on your keyboard is up to you.

"It's, like, so much fun."

July 13, 2015, 7:22 a.m.

Actually It's 1.5km of pure awesomeness, but who's strava-ing anyways.

Yeah it is a whole lot of awesomeness, a game changer for Seymour. Huge shout out to the builders. We did two laps after work yesterday, love that trail. Also the top of Dales, two more thumbs up.

People always ask me what's the phenomenon
Yo what's up? Yo what's goin' on- Adam Yauch

July 13, 2015, 10:56 a.m.

why would anyone hate on that trail? even if you can't clear the gaps its still fun.

July 13, 2015, 10:59 a.m.

Great work on making Asian Adonis a reality Lee! Ewan does some of the best work in BC. Pretty rad to have a new trail brought to the masses that had little to no effect on any other trail and didn't have to dig into the resources of the NSMBA. Thanks again!

July 13, 2015, 11:38 a.m.

I like tail…

trail, I mean trail

July 13, 2015, 11:57 a.m.

why would anyone hate on that trail? even if you can't clear the gaps its still fun.

Agreed

I have likely rode the trail 10-15 times still can't get the double. Likely never will, as I don't want to carry that much speed. I can get my front tire onto the rise of the second part of it and try to manual through it. I have fun trying that.

I have also rode the trail with a first timer (on that trail) that I advised on the trail and let him rip it. Caught up at C-Buster and asked how he like the trail and if he made the doubles. His answer was yes and yes.

Some people are able to ride it full out and hit the doubles, others like me, not. I still have a absolute riot on the trail and let out a few whoops along the way. I think we have become too spoiled and expect manicured trails that are perfectly in tune with our riding ability.

Just get out and ride the fantastic trails we have.

July 13, 2015, 3:20 p.m.

Seeing as we're discussing AA, anyone know of any plans to extend it? Great trail but dumping out where it finishes kinda takes a little of the shine off it

July 13, 2015, 4:15 p.m.

We all need to Ride Cove, to be a little more laid back.

July 13, 2015, 8:08 p.m.

Seeing as we're discussing AA, anyone know of any plans to extend it? Great trail but dumping out where it finishes kinda takes a little of the shine off it

I heard rumblings of a plan to connect it to lower FA but needs to be approved by Metro.