Dear Woodro Part 1

July 11, 2015, 12:51 p.m.

The suggestion I put this up under my name is a good one and appreciated. The old thread was deleted and I've requested that, if possible the comments be merged

http://www.leelau.net/2015/woodro/woodro-partone.html

July 11, 2015, 1:07 p.m.

And Marlz I will follow through and update the page which shows the Trailforks logs that Mark Wood made the trail description edit. I don't feel its appropriate to post the emails from Trailforks admin confirming that Mark made the changed without the admins Ok.

I want to stress that Trailforks is simply the information repository and conduit here and not a party taking sides. Mark Wood has the Woodro id on Trailforks and as a NSMBA authorized representative is delegated the authority to edit trail descriptions, edit, make and file Trail Reports etc. Trailforks is an innocent uninterested party

July 11, 2015, 1:26 p.m.

This is absolutely ridiculous - seriously it's enough with this bullshit already. Both sides have their valid points, but this issue is far beyond posting on the internet using new handles and hiding behind empty accusations.

Get off the internet and work it out in person like grown up men. Find some consensus and some boundaries that you can both respect going forward.

The only thing you are doing is hurting the community, not helping build it back up. This HAS TO STOP. Now. And don't pass the buck and say you are blameless.

Get OFF the forums, grow up, get some humility and work it out or else we will ALL suffer the consequences.

What is most important? Proving yourself in front of this audience? Or solving the issue at hand for the sake of the entire mountain bike community? You do realize this is much bigger than just you, right?

July 11, 2015, 1:38 p.m.

This is absolutely ridiculous - seriously it's enough with this bullshit already. Both sides have their valid points, but this issue is far beyond posting on the internet using new handles and hiding behind empty accusations.

Get off the internet and work it out in person like grown up men. Find some consensus and some boundaries that you can both respect going forward.

The only thing you are doing is hurting the community, not helping build it back up. This HAS TO STOP. Now. And don't pass the buck and say you are blameless.

Get OFF the forums, grow up, get some humility and work it out or else we will ALL suffer the consequences.

What is most important? Proving yourself in front of this audience? Or solving the issue at hand for the sake of the entire mountain bike community? You do realize this is much bigger than just you, right?

Maybe Lee is just trying to get someone to stop being a bully….and just maybe a public calling out is the next step in the process.

Pastor of Muppets

July 11, 2015, 1:45 p.m.

Maybe Lee is just trying to get someone to stop being a bully….and just maybe a public calling out is the next step in the process.

Well that hasn't worked in years, so no I don't think so. Lee is smarter than that.
Let's say you were right though, stooping lower than the behaviour you want to stop is not the right thing to do.
And as much controversy as Mark has been a part of, NO ONE deserves this. Not Mark, not anyone.

July 11, 2015, 1:51 p.m.

That and despite all of the things that Mark has said and done that is negative, there is so much positive too. I want to recognize that publicly and others should too. The amount of stress and pressure that Mark has endured - no wonder he flips a lid sometimes!!

There is definitely a part of Mark that even Lee can connect with and reason with. Lee: I hope you will try harder to do that.

This feud is hurting our community and neither of you will win it. This is a lose/lose situation unless you work together.

July 11, 2015, 2:59 p.m.

I much prefer to be part of family that fights in the open than behind closed doors to keep up appearances.

Lee feels snubbed. It's fine to duke it out on the interwebs.

It's not a big deal either way they do it. But I hope that they both can enjoy a ride and beer afterwards.

I'll even host the annual lee-woodie invitational and hand out free Nestlé water to anyone that can clear that double.

BTW - I suck at riding and that double is no big deal. Seriously stupid to diss a trail over that.

Do you also think parents screaming and bickering loudly and for long periods of time in front of young children is OK? Because that's what this has become and it is not productive.

There are too many opinions on what is right or wrong - Lee and Mark need to solve this on their own without a thousand loud spectators to deal with at the same time.

The public has had more than their fair share of opportunities to watch the issues and the drama unfold, and if you haven't had your fill then you're either new or blind. It's enough already.

July 11, 2015, 3:23 p.m.

we are hardly 'young children.' And I don't hear any screaming yet.
It's not a big deal to sling such innocuous mud on the interwebs. They are big boys now.

There are clearly things that you have missed.

July 11, 2015, 4:13 p.m.

we are hardly 'young children.' And I don't hear any screaming yet.
It's not a big deal to sling such innocuous mud on the interwebs. They are big boys acting like children

fyp

July 11, 2015, 4:35 p.m.

oh and wouldn't a better use of the game cams be to catch who's starting the fires on Hastings creek instead of catching who's still wearing spiderman underoos?

July 11, 2015, 5:04 p.m.

That and despite all of the things that Mark has said and done that is negative, there is so much positive too. I want to recognize that publicly and others should too.

Maybe the negative needs to be 'recognized' so people can make their own minds up instead of only ever seeing one side? Some f'd up stuff has gone on.

The amount of stress and pressure that Mark has endured - no wonder he flips a lid sometimes!!

Stress and pressure is an excuse now. Good to know.

There are clearly things that you have missed.

And there are clearly things that you don't know about.

July 11, 2015, 5:26 p.m.

Seems like alot of pissing and moaning over nothing that importnat….

Can't we all just ride bikes FFS!

Originally posted by Purecanadianhoney
I don't see how hard it would be to scrape out the head of your cock once in a while.

July 11, 2015, 5:45 p.m.

The way this is playing out on here is cringeworthy. The whole part about the game cams is nothing short of ridiculous. :nono:

That said, the work that both sides do/have done for riding on the Shore is much appreciated.

July 11, 2015, 5:57 p.m.

Walk away Lee, just walk away!!!

There is really no purpose in what either of you are doing, except to perpetuate a personal feud between yourself and Mark. Somebody just needs to be the bigger man in this scenario, I'm suggesting it be you, because you are posting the most recently on this board.

The descriptions posted on Trailforks, could be posted about every trail on the Shore (or any other local riding area), with the conditions we have right now, blown out corners are on every trail. So I think everybody will take them with a grain of salt.

People will ride AA, because they like AA, they will not stop riding it because the "exit has a blown out step".

Not trying to take sides here (Mark has an equal share in this too), just trying to stop an E-Fight that is becoming boring and tired to everybody else who uses the trails involved and who has to keep hearing about it.

Nobody wants to take sides!

WE JUST WANT TO RIDE!

Keep On Ridin'!!

July 11, 2015, 10:04 p.m.

Lawyers….all the same.