Cypress PSA

Nov. 11, 2018, 10:22 a.m.

Folks, if you are rebuilding or repairing anything on Cypress, I would not post that you have done so online. If you notice a feature has been put in/repaired/rebuilt, I would also not post that. Repaired/rebuilt features are being removed. Best not to highlight them anywhere online. Im specifically talking about BP* land but same applies to DWV.

Nov. 12, 2018, 8:34 a.m.

Fuckers!

I take it your repair work on Wutang has gone?

Nov. 12, 2018, 9:08 a.m.

Sigh. It's ok to cut down hundreds of trees so we can build more giant empty homes but it's a crime to repair trails.

Nov. 12, 2018, 2:39 p.m.

It might be a liability issue (of course). Existing features might be grandfathered but perhaps those cannot be repaired or rebuilt without becoming offensive to the land owner (who has been constructive and collaborative, mostly). Basically, the features on Cypress are going to rot their way into a no-feature zone. The good news is that the best part of Cypress is not the features!

So if you're fixin', fix silently.

Last edited by: Ddean on Nov. 12, 2018, 5:13 p.m., edited 3 times in total.
Nov. 14, 2018, 2:07 p.m.

Sucks to hear... At least BPP seems to be somewhat open to integrating mountain biking into the master plans with DWV, but I always had a hard time reconciling what their vision of mountain biking is with stuff like 5th Horseman and Brutus haha. I would think they are imagining mellow single track, some Half Nelson type stuff etc.

Nov. 14, 2018, 7 p.m.

They’re good guys doing their best to operate within the goals of riders while limiting the liabilities from a tricky activity on a tricky mountain. 

In my experience they’re extremely constructive when it comes to stuff like this. Some times things get caught in the crossfire.