Cumberland

May 11, 2016, 9:21 p.m.

Hitting Cumberland this weekend for the first time. What is can't miss? Any suggestions on routes?

May 11, 2016, 9:53 p.m.

Hitting Cumberland this weekend for the first time. What is can't miss? Any suggestions on routes?

BCBR just posted their route for 2016. You could pick and choose some of their tracks and put together a good ride depending on how much you want to do. Try Forbidden Plateau as well especially if you have the opportunity to set up a shuttle!

May 11, 2016, 10:24 p.m.

Depends what you like. I would hit blockhead, numbskull, DCDH, bucket of blood, vanilla, upper, lower thirsty beaver. Those were my faves when I went for 3 days last month. Also when you go up the main climbing road and reach the first clear and chlorine shack, in the middle of the clearing is a nice little jump line. unmarked.

http://carcraftautorepair.ca/

Follow Us On FaceBook

May 11, 2016, 11:04 p.m.

Best thing to do is hit the bike shop buy a map and ask the guys whats their favorite route is right now.

Master of Puppets

May 12, 2016, 8:30 a.m.

Best thing to do is hit the bike shop buy a map and ask the guys whats their favorite route is right now.

+1, stayed at Riding Fool Hostel last year and did exactly that, the bike shop is just below the hostel (DCC - Dodge City Cycles). We ended up with a pretty sweet lap drawn out on the map for us.

"I know that heroes ride bicycles" - Joe Biden

May 12, 2016, 10:39 a.m.

+1, stayed at Riding Fool Hostel last year and did exactly that, the bike shop is just below the hostel (DCC - Dodge City Cycles). We ended up with a pretty sweet lap drawn out on the map for us.

Thanks guys. This is definitely part of the plan. Seems there is some active logging around too so want to avoid building a plan around trails that aren't open.

May 12, 2016, 10:40 a.m.

Depends what you like. I would hit blockhead, numbskull, DCDH, bucket of blood, vanilla, upper, lower thirsty beaver. Those were my faves when I went for 3 days last month. Also when you go up the main climbing road and reach the first clear and chlorine shack, in the middle of the clearing is a nice little jump line. unmarked.

Awesome, thanks. I think a bit of everything would be on the cards. Just looking to sample the goods.

May 12, 2016, 12:11 p.m.

Don't - trails are total crap. Go to Campbell River - much better…

I have 21,474,850 rep points...

My blog - read it!

http://www.citizenclass.ca

May 12, 2016, 2:18 p.m.

Don't - trails are total crap. Go to Campbell River - much better…

Molech is such a jealous god …

When one person suffers from a delusion, it is called insanity.

When many people suffer from a delusion, it is called religion.

May 12, 2016, 2:25 p.m.

Timely post. Heading to Campbell River for a week of work at the end of the month and will be hitting Cumberland nightly.

I rode Snowden a few nights last spring I was up there, fun XC network.

May 13, 2016, 10:16 a.m.

Bear buns, thirsty beaver, crafty butcher are my personal faves. Wookie toothpicks and forbidden plateau all get good reviews. Teapot and the Broadway trails are good too. Thirsty is a hela trek to get to.

Stay a night at the riding fool if u can. It's always cool to meet other riders.

May 13, 2016, 11:32 a.m.

Furtherberger, Thirsty, Teapot, blue collar, bear buns, bucket of blood, Trent canyon, Dam trail, space nugget, black hole,….
+ 1 for help from the DCC guys. Always friendly and will help with a great loop. Plus, they know whats running awesome and what is being logged or needs some maintenance. You can't go too wtong in Cumby. Enjoy!

May 13, 2016, 11:57 a.m.

Yeah, I think DDC is going to be the first stop. If nothing, to get an update on where is / isn't being logged.

May 13, 2016, noon

Cumberland and Forbidden are mapped on http://www.trailforks.com/region/cumberland-1179/
Keep in mind that a bunch of the trails on Forbidden are closed due to active logging :(
There is also some logging in the Teapot area taking place [report]

There are some ride ideas on the routes page. Add a route to your wishlist to have it synced to the mobile app.

IMO the trail you can't miss on the Cumberland side is Queso Grande. Do Furtherburger to Wookie to Queso Grande for an awesome ride!

Canada Kicks Ass | Trailforks.com

May 26, 2016, 12:22 p.m.

OP what did you end up riding? I'm heading over Sunday afternoon but won't make it before DCC closes. Going to ride weeknights Mon-Wed as well. Are there maps/advice at Riding Fool? IF not I'll plan some loops on Trailforks. Might do one night at Forbidden as well.
cheers