Coquitlam Fire/Rescue save injured mountain biker

March 8, 2010, 10:51 a.m.

hmm I don't know with a massive post count of 11 what would make you think that ?

t'was a rhetorical question

We don't know what our limits are, so to start something with the idea of being limited actually ends up limiting us.
Ellen Langer

March 8, 2010, 12:13 p.m.

the other side of that coin is people should be taking a look at what they ride and determining if they have the skill to ride it safely ride it or not.

this is a valid statement

if the guys that built it like it and ride it, that's all that is necessary.

I wouldn't be hitting it even if the tranny was 20' long so I don't really care. If you don't like it, ride around it, it is an optional feature to the side of the trail

March 8, 2010, 12:21 p.m.

Didn't know there was another Dave M… I see it now, and I know a DaveM who lives near Coq , coincidental I presume.

March 8, 2010, 12:32 p.m.

you're new here aren't you?

hmm I don't know with a massive post count of 11 what would make you think that ?

March 8, 2010, 12:39 p.m.

fyp

We don't know what our limits are, so to start something with the idea of being limited actually ends up limiting us.
Ellen Langer

March 8, 2010, 12:50 p.m.

"it kills beating people" HUH ???

March 8, 2010, 12:51 p.m.

I'm sorry Dave but I have to disagree,it's poorly thought out stunts like that one,in particular,that atract the wrong kind of attention.I think unfortunatly that sometimes we need to protect some people from themselves,liability issues are a bitch and I for one would hate to see another chainsaw massacre.Just sweeten out the tranny,make it so you don't have to be a superhero to hit it up.

March 8, 2010, 12:53 p.m.

"it kills beating people" HUH ???

irony - you missed it.

it kills beating people with sarcasm

Ellen Langer

March 8, 2010, 12:58 p.m.

I'm sorry Dave but I have to disagree,it's poorly thought out stunts like that one,in particular,that atract the wrong kind of attention.I think unfortunatly that sometimes we need to protect some people from themselves,liability issues are a bitch and I for one would hate to see another chainsaw massacre.Just sweeten out the tranny,make it so you don't have to be a superhero to hit it up.

who says it's poorly thought out? the builder may have built it like that on purpose. if everything was built so that you didn't have to be a superhero to ride it we all might as well be riding the seawall.

however you're right that it is a dangerous stunt, especailly for someone who doesn't have the skill to ride it properly. that's the first thing i thought when i saw the picture.

Ellen Langer

March 8, 2010, 1:09 p.m.

any stunt could be considered dangerous,but in MY opinoin that tranny is just waiting to put somebody in a wheelchair.would you see a tranny like that in the boneyard,I doubt it.

March 8, 2010, 1:24 p.m.

any stunt could be considered dangerous,but in MY opinoin that tranny is just waiting to put somebody in a wheelchair.would you see a tranny like that in the boneyard,I doubt it.

That tranny reminds me of a shorter version of the rock roll on Espresso

March 8, 2010, 1:32 p.m.

however you're right that it is a dangerous stunt, especailly for someone who doesn't have the skill to ride it properly. that's the first thing i thought when i saw the picture.

At least this stunt is kind of scarey looking (from the picture at least) and would hopefully make the average person 'think twice' prior to taking the plunge… What more could the builder have done to discourage those who shouldn't be riding it? Certainly making it more appealing isn't going to keep more people off of it… As riders we need to be more accountable for our own decisions rather than place the onus on the builders shoulders.

March 8, 2010, 2:31 p.m.

What more could the builder have done to discourage those who shouldn't be riding it?

the (soon to be) green slimy downhill log ride to get near the ladder that goes to the drop is one thing the builder did do. It was frightening just walking that stunt

March 8, 2010, 2:35 p.m.

At least this stunt is kind of scarey looking (from the picture at least) and would hopefully make the average person 'think twice' prior to taking the plunge… What more could the builder have done to discourage those who shouldn't be riding it? Certainly making it more appealing isn't going to keep more people off of it… As riders we need to be more accountable for our own decisions rather than place the onus on the builders shoulders.

Problem with that is it only takes one person to "think"they can do it, hurt themselves badly, and get the parents involved and again sue the city, like what happened at the Shed years ago.
It only takes one person to Eff it up for the rest of the riders, and possibly the trails as well.
A good idea would be to put a sign up " Ride at your own risk" on stunts like this that way no one is liable ?

March 8, 2010, 2:39 p.m.

I hate to shit on people's work, but this thing is just fucking stupid.

sure is.

:hurt:

"It's, like, so much fun."