Cleaning your favourite trails

March 7, 2013, 1:42 a.m.

Three I've just thought of:

The rock humper after the right hander at the east end of Sticks and Stones. I might be 1 in 3 on that. For a while I was better than 1 in 2, but that didn't last long.

From the BP pipeline bridge up to Fishermans at Riverside. Less than 50%, but improving since getting a big long 29er under me.

Applicator from Cardiac Bypass to Rapid Transit. High line is somewhere around a root with a rutted out rocky bit next to it :lol:

flickr

March 7, 2013, 7:26 a.m.

Is this basically climbing up from Bridle up to that intersection area where Shorn, C-buster, and Applicator meet ? Can you actually ride that up ?

I think we are talking about the same area. At the end of C-Buster where you would then climb back up to the ridge (Applicator I think), there is an out that is short but fun to ride down on your right. I has a small flat bridge then pretty much down.

The are a couple of easier spots that I can climb, but a few that are not even close. That was my comment to way more power and trials abilities. It would be impressive for someone to be able to clean it though.

March 7, 2013, 8:18 a.m.

That's funny. I never hit that gap. I guess I should, for the same reasons you did!

I kept telling myself at the entrance to the trail that I was 100% going to hit it, then chicken out last second. When I finally did, it wasn't really on my mind at all, but was just flowing the trail so well that I made the decision pretty much coming out of the last corner. I know it's a little thing, but it was the highlight of the bike park season last year.

This thread is mostly about shore riding, but I'm usually so lost over there I have no idea what trail I'm on, let alone what I've cleaned :lol:

March 7, 2013, 8:44 a.m.

Enough with the Up already! ha ha.

did anyone ever on here clean Jerry Rig?

Yes

:canada:

March 7, 2013, 11:59 a.m.

The skull has two crux moves. One is a rock spine that you have to take a right and then there is that steep with the left turn that most peeps dont make. you can see the skid line going straight into the bushes. I think ive cleaned skull top to bottom maybe twice.
Not the Shore but im a happy camper when I clean Bean/ Nescafe with no dabs. Which would be every second time I do those trails. Nescafe has a blind right corner over a boulder thats quite tricky.

common senseā€¦..Whats common about sense?!

March 8, 2013, 11:54 a.m.

Yes

I remember watching you do the rainbow log ride in the snow, that was gnarr.

I'm happy to get outside and enjoy nature while I can, but I fear for the future of humanity

March 9, 2013, 10:50 a.m.

i don't know if i have ever cleaned the ride to pergint from the valley on my dh rig.

March 21, 2013, 7:29 p.m.

This thread needs life.. how bout 5th horsemen on a hardtail ??

I'm happy to get outside and enjoy nature while I can, but I fear for the future of humanity

March 21, 2013, 7:48 p.m.

This thread needs life.. how bout 5th horsemen on a hardtail ??

5th Horseman on a horse?

March 21, 2013, 8:52 p.m.

if you want to end up like this guy..

March 21, 2013, 9:56 p.m.

All I hear from guys on hard tails is "They make you a better rider." :lol:

it's the truth.

my best riding was back in the day when i rocked 5th and the rest of cyps on my hardtail.

when you're "on" and ripping it on a hardtail the satisfaction level is way higher than on the full squish bike.

We don't know what our limits are, so to start something with the idea of being limited actually ends up limiting us.
Ellen Langer

March 21, 2013, 10:01 p.m.

it's the truth.
when you're "on" and ripping it on a hardtail the satisfaction level is way higher than on the full squish bike.

and your back is in agreement with this as well?

March 21, 2013, 10:09 p.m.

and your back is in agreement with this as well?

yup.

there's more suspension travel in your legs and arms than in the bikes forks/shocks.

We don't know what our limits are, so to start something with the idea of being limited actually ends up limiting us.
Ellen Langer

March 21, 2013, 10:11 p.m.

Riding a ht is an optical illusion for the rider only. :lol:

hey, i'd hear from the guys i rode with - and those people def aren't chumps on their bikes.

Ellen Langer

March 21, 2013, 10:16 p.m.

yup.

there's more suspension travel in your legs and arms than in the bikes forks/shocks.

Take your word for it. I could imagine a better feel for the bike in tight descents. No wonder pink star fish is all drops to flat..