Check it out!

Jan. 30, 2004, 11:29 a.m.

Originally posted by Ewan
Hey therob, did you ask the guys who built and maintain the woodlot what they thought of a webpage for their trails.:???:

Should you have to?

I think its pretty easy to see a website in praise of such high quality building and such beautiful trails is a top form of flattery for all your hard work in there.

The more fan's you get of your work (it is your work, not your trails) the more hands you've got willing to pitch in and help your small crew of guys continue to make it better.

The Woodlot is far from a secret, its been around hosting kick ass trails for years. Like it or not its going to see traffic.

If you are a builder there, a website such as this could be an excellent tool for you to gather more public voices and more hands to dig, pile rocks and put forth an effort to continue to improve a location that, in my mind, sports some of the best trails in BC.

When you guys get your back up at stoked and appreciative riders (who take personal time to shrine your work), you slowly build a wall between you and them, and will likely decrease co-operation and the support you guys need to keep things tip-top.

I don't know…seems to me guys as skilled at building as yourselves have some pretty good smarts. It might make pretty good sense to take advantage of computer nerds like "therob" and perhaps (given you share a common interest and passion) work together to rally more support and help for the Woodlot.

Like it or not, something like a website about the spot will pop up at some point. Best to jump on it when it is put together by educated, understanding and ambitous adults that understand the important issues and love the trails, than to attack this one and find the next one is put together by people who don't care and are looking to exploit your work and give us all a bad name.

Just my thoughts! I always think it is best to step back and consider all sides before getting riled and upset.

Cheers guys!
Corey

Jan. 30, 2004, 11:34 a.m.

You're too mature for this thread.

Norco sucks, Rocky rules,

Dude.;)

***Disclaimer: this post is in no way, shape, or form intended to insult anybody, anything, any animal, any lifeform, or non lifeform, or otherwise, of any kind.

Jan. 30, 2004, 2:38 p.m.

Originally posted by Dude
**DONE!

Oh well…one less meal won't kill them.:eek: **

I always enjoyed pretend meals…it can be anything you want!!:D

South Sea-Tac Flowpark Gallery
KEEP IT GREEN!
This signature is brought to you by the letter "H" and by the number "6"

Jan. 30, 2004, 5:20 p.m.

Norco sucks, Rocky rules,

Dude.;)

norco does more for the woodlot than you will ever know

Jan. 30, 2004, 6 p.m.

mr.t

please never speak again.

yeah bro!!

Jan. 30, 2004, 6:28 p.m.

Boy oh boy T- even Mulletman didn't bite at that one. I guess the ;) tipped him off to the sarcasm.

I suppose they haven't covered sarcasm in gade 8 yet…

Now, was I being sarcastic in saying that? A free joke from Dude for anyone who guesses the correct answer…

***Disclaimer: this post is in no way, shape, or form intended to insult anybody, anything, any animal, any lifeform, or non lifeform, or otherwise, of any kind.

Jan. 30, 2004, 8:50 p.m.

Now, was I being sarcastic in saying that? A free joke from Dude for anyone who guesses the correct answer…

The answer is:
The internet is a breeding ground for sarcasm - without it, there would be no joy to plinking on keys for countless minutes, would there?;)

KEEP IT GREEN!

Jan. 30, 2004, 10:03 p.m.

DING DING DING!!!

And a bonus point for creativity and plausible theory.

Ever hear about the time Mr. T was two hours late because the escalator stopped?;)

Jan. 30, 2004, 10:04 p.m.

simmah down'nah!

tommrorow. mom took the van/

Jan. 30, 2004, 10:30 p.m.

Ever hear about the time Mr. T was two hours late because the escalator stopped?;)

Nyet, comrade Dude.

KEEP IT GREEN!

Jan. 31, 2004, 7:40 a.m.

That place looks nice, I wish Onterrible had a place like that.
…but it would be very crowded.

.243 racing wethepeople

Jan. 31, 2004, 8:19 a.m.

Sorry to assume you have a bad attitude.:rolleyes:

the only time i have a bad attitude is when people acuse me of things i did not do

Jan. 31, 2004, 9:05 a.m.

Originally posted by MR T
the only time i have a bad attitude is when people acuse me of things i did not do

All this is going to do is continue to draw out a lame e-battle.

If you have personal beef with someone, you'd be best to either handle it via email or man-up and make aphone call and sort out the differences.

I understand you guys might be pretty frustrated, and I don't think these postings are heading towards any kind of resolution.

:)

Feb. 4, 2004, 11:26 a.m.

I agree, I have been riding the woodlot since the goldmine/ cabin was the only trail there(10+years, yikes). I also know that a big part of the woodlot success to this point was the work done between Roald Kley and few riders that have been keeping up the woodlot for the past seven years and they do an amazing job considering the tremendous increase in usage. From my personal experience of those riders there has been very little attitude. It seems now that there are some people who are trying to maintain that they are cooler than everyone because they had a part or have a part in building there. That to me is upsetting, I think management of the trails does not require a holier than though/ self righteous attitude. This is not a generalization of all builders at the woodlot as I have not experienced this to be wide spread. As for Norco, Norco and its riders have done more to advertise the woodlot than any website. I remember before the Norco vans started showing up and there was far less traffic. In fact I remember with much dismay the first time 12 guys on big bikes rumbled past me down the road, I knew then usage would explode. Thats life though, I am sure Norco has realized how much the woodlot has helped their company and would assume that they have translated that gratitude into support to keep the trails open and operational. So I suppose my point is lets all avoid elitism and remember that the woodlot whether it is managed or not is free to anybody on two feet or two non motorised wheels to enjoy. So lets all check our attitudes at the trail heads and at our keyboards. If you are using sarcasm, try putting it in parenthisis after or before you post. And if you are young, full of piss and vinegar remember there is a whole group of us that would love to abandon our responsibilities and spend our time building and creating new and exciting lines.

There's no better way to get unwound than to go for a rip with your hound

Feb. 25, 2004, 8:50 a.m.

Hey Rob…

Just decided to check you guestbook ( www.thewoodlot.s5.com/fsguestbook.html ) this morning, to see if anyone had posted. Looks like you're getting some pretty positive feedback!

Anything else going on up there recently? Have you heard of any new trails?