changing email address's one the bb..mods

Jan. 27, 2003, 6:47 p.m.

sisnce you have to have a real email i cant use any of the email functions as my dad doesn;t want all the shit going to his email. i was wondering if i could change the email so that when someone replys to my post or somthing like that i would get an emial like i used to. just curious:???:

Jan. 27, 2003, 7:24 p.m.

haha, it can be a bit of a problem. BUT, you could jsut put your hotmail addy or whatever in your personal description as I did and people could jsut know to look there.

Jan. 27, 2003, 7:25 p.m.

If you don't subscribe to the threads you will never get any emails or other stuff to your dad's email account. Go into your profile and disable that function, and disable pm email notification and the problem is solved. :)

Jan. 27, 2003, 7:28 p.m.

Originally posted by Mulletron
If you don't subscribe to the threads you will never get any emails or other stuff to your dad's email account. Go into your profile and disable that function, and disable pm email notification and the problem is solved. :)

No…he WANTS to be able to do that again, but can't since it's his dad's e-mail.

This space intentionally left blank.

Jan. 27, 2003, 7:34 p.m.

yea gandalf gets the idea. all taht stuff is disabled. i want it to happen but with my hotmail addy.

Jan. 27, 2003, 8 p.m.

Originally posted by marksnet
yea gandalf gets the idea. all taht stuff is disabled. i want it to happen but with my hotmail addy.

Yeah i kinda want that too…

Jan. 27, 2003, 8:16 p.m.

OK, I see. Sorry, I didn't get that at first. That is a really good question. I personally don't see a problem with it. You have your dads email account to get you signed up and accountable, but want another addy to have all the fun stuff sent to. I would too!

I went into your account and I can see where I would make the change, but if I do it we will loose your reg'd addy. I need to bring this to the techies to see if we can find a solution for you, it is a very valid question. I think that a data base that cross ref's your dads email with the one you want for fun stuff would be a good idea.

We are having a meeting this week sometime and I will bring that up for you to try to find a solution!:)

Jan. 27, 2003, 8:17 p.m.

ha rad. mad props to you and the whole nsmb crew!

Jan. 27, 2003, 8:17 p.m.

um if you guys get shaw broadban interenet you should get 7 free accounts with it everyone in my family has a shaw account!

Jan. 27, 2003, 8:19 p.m.

yes i could do taht, but taht is to much hassle and our internet is paid for by my dads work so we dont have the account number to register it with.

Jan. 27, 2003, 8:26 p.m.

**OK, I see. Sorry, I didn't get that at first. That is a really good question. I personally don't see a problem with it. You have your dads email account to get you signed up and accountable, but want another addy to have all the fun stuff sent to. I would too!

I went into your account and I can see where I would make the change, but if I do it we will loose your reg'd addy. I need to bring this to the techies to see if we can find a solution for you, it is a very valid question. I think that a data base that cross ref's your dads email with the one you want for fun stuff would be a good idea.

We are having a meeting this week sometime and I will bring that up for you to try to find a solution!:) **

Isnt the whole point of asking for a pop3 account so that you know our IP adresses? so if you know them once we resgister couldnt you log them, and let us change our addy?

Jan. 27, 2003, 8:34 p.m.

That is what I was saying. We may be able to keep a database with your sign up addy that can allow us to remove you if you turn evil (which very few do), yet allow you to receive email from the site without blowin out your parents email addy's.

I think it is possible, but it will come down to the guys who pay for the site and if they see it as a viable solution. I will try!

Jan. 27, 2003, 8:40 p.m.

that's a good idea:idea: :idea:

Jan. 27, 2003, 10:23 p.m.

**That is what I was saying. We may be able to keep a database with your sign up addy that can allow us to remove you if you turn evil (which very few do), yet allow you to receive email from the site without blowin out your parents email addy's.

I think it is possible, but it will come down to the guys who pay for the site and if they see it as a viable solution. I will try! **

thanks d00d!!!