CBC - what’s happening?

Nov. 26, 2020, 8:30 p.m.

Internet comments don't count.  Email the land managers your thoughts! 

https://nsmba.ca/contact-us/

Providing Feedback

To ensure your voice is heard, please take a moment to send an email to show your support on the great trail network that we have access. If you have feedback about a specific trail, please find the appropriate land manager by checking the maps below. Feedback to land managers can be sent to:

Metro Vancouver – [email protected]

District of North Vancouver – [email protected] & [email protected]

Please cc [email protected] on any emails sent to Land Managers so that we can follow up if necessary.

Nov. 26, 2020, 10:04 p.m.

Just emailed LSCR.

Nov. 26, 2020, 11:45 p.m.

Pretty clear from the NSMBA AGM tonight that they’re not a part of the discussion as it relates to DNVs modifications to these trails. 

Dales to Forever After is amazing. Love it on a hardtail even more.

Nov. 27, 2020, 6:37 a.m.

Posted by: Ddean

Pretty clear from the NSMBA AGM tonight that they’re not a part of the discussion as it relates to DNVs modifications to these trails. 

Dales to Forever After is amazing. Love it on a hardtail even more.

You mean Metro Van.

Nov. 27, 2020, 8:17 a.m.

@Ddean Exactly. Dales/Forever is technical hard tail heaven. I'd be devastated if they smoothed that over.

Last edited by: mammal on Nov. 27, 2020, 8:24 a.m., edited 1 time in total.
Nov. 27, 2020, 12:05 p.m.

Posted by: heckler

Internet comments don't count. Email the land managers your thoughts!

Done. Is that what gets you on the distribution list for updates from Metro, or do you have to subscribe somewhere?

I read through the Strategic Plan..... most of the recommendations make sense, but I think a few are out of touch with how people are using the existing trails.

On the other hand, that area is becoming a maze. I've tried to run TNT from bottom to top a few times, and I always end up on random trails that take me to Cabin, Enquist, or even all the way up to the Seymour road. It's turning out to be a more challenging project than I thought it would be.

Last edited by: PaulB on Nov. 27, 2020, 12:25 p.m., edited 2 times in total.
Nov. 27, 2020, 12:29 p.m.

http://www.metrovancouver.org/services/water/watershed-LSCR-mailing-list/Pages/default.aspx

Its been a while since I’ve received any emails from the LSCR, but they do come.

Nov. 27, 2020, 1:46 p.m.

F Metro. I've said it before and I'll say it again F Metro. Metro has stonewalled the NSMBA on many initiatives. 

Emails to Metro LSCR are likely funneled into a direct delete folder. Pressure needs to come from elected officials if we EVER expect any change in the LSCR. 

http://www.metrovancouver.org/boards/membership/board-members/Pages/default.aspx

Floor CNV's Linda Buchanan inbox as a chair of the MetroVan Board. 

LSCR falls under Water and not Parks

Here is the Water committe

Brodie, Malcolm (C) - Richmond

Elford, Doug (VC) - Surrey

Asmundson, Brent - Coquitlam

Baird, Ken - Tsawwassen First Nation

Bell, Don - North Vancouver City

Bligh, Rebecca - Vancouver

Clark, Carolina - Belcarra

Dingwall, Bill - Pitt Meadows 

Froese, Jack - Langley Township

Guichon, Alicia - Delta

Keithley, Joe - Burnaby

McEwen, John - Anmore

Svendsen, Ryan - Maple Ridge

Nov. 27, 2020, 2:37 p.m.

Posted by: earleb

F Metro. I've said it before and I'll say it again F Metro. Metro has stonewalled the NSMBA on many initiatives. 

Emails to Metro LSCR are likely funneled into a direct delete folder. Pressure needs to come from elected officials if we EVER expect any change in the LSCR. 

http://www.metrovancouver.org/boards/membership/board-members/Pages/default.aspx

Floor CNV's Linda Buchanan inbox as a chair of the MetroVan Board. 

LSCR falls under Water and not Parks

Here is the Water committe

Brodie, Malcolm (C) - Richmond

Elford, Doug (VC) - Surrey

Asmundson, Brent - Coquitlam

Baird, Ken - Tsawwassen First Nation

Bell, Don - North Vancouver City

Bligh, Rebecca - Vancouver

Clark, Carolina - Belcarra

Dingwall, Bill - Pitt Meadows 

Froese, Jack - Langley Township

Guichon, Alicia - Delta

Keithley, Joe - Burnaby

McEwen, John - Anmore

Svendsen, Ryan - Maple Ridge

One time, I emailed LSCR to complain about them shutting down an awesome but unsanctioned trail and I actually got a call back from their staff to discuss. So the emails do go somewhere.

Nov. 27, 2020, 3:33 p.m.

I also emailed Metro, and DNV's Metro representative (Councilor Muri). I have a response from Councilor Muri, but don't expect to hear anything back from Metro Vancouver... Councilor Muri mentioned that the DNV is trying to set up a steering committee and develop an overarching trail plan, which does sound interesting.

Nov. 27, 2020, 4:58 p.m.

Metro has stonewalled the NSMBA on many initiatives. 

Why do you think that’s happened?

Nov. 27, 2020, 5:06 p.m.

Posted by: syncro

Metro has stonewalled the NSMBA on many initiatives. 

Why do you think that’s happened?

Liability

Nov. 30, 2020, 11:17 p.m.

Posted by: icullis

I also emailed Metro, and DNV's Metro representative (Councilor Muri). I have a response from Councilor Muri, but don't expect to hear anything back from Metro Vancouver... Councilor Muri mentioned that the DNV is trying to set up a steering committee and develop an overarching trail plan, which does sound interesting.

Muri was responsible for getting Metro to rip out a small optional skinny that was rebuilt on Bridle Path a couple of years ago, Metro tore it out on a Sunday & it had just been finished the week before (feature was rebuilt with Metro permission). We did eventually get to rebuild it again, but it wasted many volunteer hours

Dec. 1, 2020, 7:41 a.m.

Posted by: mudhoney

Muri was responsible for getting Metro to rip out a small optional skinny that was rebuilt on Bridle Path a couple of years ago, Metro tore it out on a Sunday & it had just been finished the week before (feature was rebuilt with Metro permission). We did eventually get to rebuild it again, but it wasted many volunteer hours

What was her concern with the feature that got removed?

Dec. 1, 2020, 7:03 p.m.

Posted by: D_C_

Posted by: mudhoney

What was her concern with the feature that got removed?

I never heard, only that it's where she likes to walk her dogs.

The previous version of the skinny was fully rotten and falling apart; the new one was built to all of Metro's standards for a blue trail, very similar to the original, and it's optional (as it always was). I heard that it was being referred to as a "jump", which it's not and never was, but again, this was never verified. It felt very much like NIMBYism.

The skinny is also pretty popular with the local dogs, who often use it to practice their agility training  ;)

https://www.instagram.com/p/Bv41IIVl3FJ/?utm_source=ig_web_copy_link