CBC - what’s happening?

Aug. 30, 2020, 10:30 a.m.

I’m seeing some crazy pics of the new CBC - it looks more like Bobsled now. 

What’s happening?

Aug. 31, 2020, 1:08 a.m.

Rode it today and noticed 3 major things: 1) There's a completely buffed out blue flow trail section that's about 50m long 2) Millenium log has been resurfaced 3) they needlessly cut out one of the few remaining skinny lines.

Sept. 1, 2020, 12:22 p.m.

So they are finally rebuilding CBC after all these years? Probably a good idea. Wonder if they will rebuild like they did with Expresso - mostly keeping the original line and then putting a new line in. Seems like most people haven't liked riding the original line for many years now. I don't mind it but some sections are a little too chunky.

Sept. 1, 2020, 12:44 p.m.

I’m sure that more people will like it post work than pre work just like more people like Bobsled and Espresso than Pipeline

Don’t know why the jank always gets axed when trails are revitalized under authorization.

Sept. 1, 2020, 12:49 p.m.

Had to do something to stave off the cat and mouse happening with the rangers and the loamers in there I guess.

Sept. 1, 2020, 1:06 p.m.

Found new epipen on Mt. Seymour.

Contact me if you lost it.

Sept. 1, 2020, 2:46 p.m.

Posted by: TheWasp

Had to do something to stave off the cat and mouse happening with the rangers and the loamers in there I guess.

Do the "rangers" actively patrol those types of trails (and hand out tickets, etc.)?

Sept. 1, 2020, 2:51 p.m.

Posted by: Bull_Dozer

Do the "rangers" actively patrol those types of trails (and hand out tickets, etc.)?

Not sure about now, but they have in the fairly recent past.  Mostly they catch people dumb enough to park their vehicles (with bike racks ... duhhh) right at the trailheads of dark side trails.

Sept. 1, 2020, 4:50 p.m.

Posted by: KenN

Not sure about now, but they have in the fairly recent past.  Mostly they catch people dumb enough to park their vehicles (with bike racks ... duhhh) right at the trailheads of dark side trails.

Are they actually ticketing MTB'ers just based on their vehicle or do they actually need to be "caught in the act" on the trails themselves? I would assume the latter.

Sept. 2, 2020, 8:21 a.m.

Posted by: Bull_Dozer

Are they actually ticketing MTB'ers just based on their vehicle or do they actually need to be "caught in the act" on the trails themselves? I would assume the latter.

See parked vehicle, send someone to hike up from the bottom of the trail.  They gots radios and shit.

Sept. 2, 2020, 10:58 a.m.

See parked vehicle, send someone to hike up from the bottom of the trail.  They gots radios and shit.

Good to know. I didn't know they were that on top of this stuff.

Sept. 2, 2020, 11:32 a.m.

Park staff are much more aware of the trails and where they start/end then most people realize.

Sept. 2, 2020, 3:49 p.m.

Especially when some loamers are starting to have groomed berms and gold appear on them. wtf?

Sept. 2, 2020, 5:54 p.m.

I've had a few encounters. Was all very civil.

Sept. 9, 2020, 11:06 a.m.

Posted by: mudrunner

Especially when some loamers are starting to have groomed berms and gold appear on them. wtf?

It's been discussed before, but with land managers seeming unwilling to allow new trail development on the shore, and continued growth in ridership, unauthorized building will flourish. Not blaming NSBMA here, it's the land managers, but what new trails have been built in last 5 years since GSM and Lower Expresso? Some awesome rebuilds, i.e. lower Digger. Then you look at a place like Squamish and how much new legal (and rogue) trails are built each year... again different land managers (and available space to build).