CBC is still closed right ???

May 9, 2003, 11:25 p.m.

Originally posted by KenN
Again, you fail to read. Of course it's one of my own posts. So what. The full text of the post says THAT'S A QUOTE DIRECTLY FROM JEREMY**. What difference does it make who posted it. That doesn't change the facts. So what if it hasn't rained for two weeks (not correct, by the way. Something you'd know if you were at Sunday's trail mtce day), that's not the point. THERE IS NO SIGN SAYING TRAIL OPEN.

You can't win this one.

Kn. **

there is also no sign saying CLOSED

so half the people dont know :(

May 9, 2003, 11:30 p.m.

Originally posted by Jerry-Rig

…show respect to other board members.

You should show some respect to the trail.

May 9, 2003, 11:43 p.m.

KenN snaps! loses it! over reacts!

(\__/)
(='.'=)
(")_(")

May 10, 2003, 2:19 a.m.

**Jesus christ you people amaze me with your stupidity.

Remember how the teachers always say, "there's no such thing as a stupid question"? Well, they're wrong. A stupid question is one which you haven't even tried to figure out the answer for.

See that menu bar at the top of the nsmb page? Where it says "SEARCH"? That's there so you can do a search. How fucking simple can it be? I typed "cbc closed" into the search engine and got 20 hits. Try it. Read the posts. Learn.

If that's too much work for the hard of thinking or the downright lazy, just go here:

http://bb.nsmb.com/newforum/showthread.php?s=[HTML_REMOVED]postid=262477#post262477

There. Now you know.

Kn. **

Who pissed in your oatmeal?

May 10, 2003, 2:21 a.m.

I'd ride it for sure. Yeah, someones gonna tell me not to ride a trail ? I don't think so.

Shrivel up and die.

May 10, 2003, 2:58 a.m.

**Thats rich !!!!!

That trail is bullit proof, even after a week of raining. There's only a couple of spots that are bad after rain. But not a big deal.

I'd ride it for sure. Yeah, someones gonna tell me not to ride a trail ? I don't think so.

And KenN, show respect to other board members. **

So you say a big fuck you to the trail builder and the NSMBA who have clearly stated the trail is closed, yet you want to tell other people to show respect?!? Wise up bro.

Right now the GVRD has mandated that CBC is closed. They are also monitoring traffic on the trail. If the mtb community continues to abuse this closure, CBC will be closed permanently. It looks like having to take a few months off the trail is a far better option than losing it altogether. This info comes straight from the trail builder himself btw, so you know it's not bogus.

We don't know what our limits are, so to start something with the idea of being limited actually ends up limiting us.
Ellen Langer

May 10, 2003, 3:32 a.m.

Originally posted by Jerry-Rig **
Thats rich !!!!!

That trail is bullit proof, even after a week of raining. There's only a couple of spots that are bad after rain. But not a big deal.

I'd ride it for sure. Yeah, someones gonna tell me not to ride a trail ? I don't think so.**

The GVRD says it is closed. The NSMBA agrees. The trail coordinator for the trail agrees.

There's what, maybe 40 other trails on Seymour and Fromme that you could ride, and you have to pick the one trail that anyone has asked people not to ride?

It is easy to dodge our responsibilities, but we cannot dodge the consequences of dodging our responsibilities.
- Josiah Stamp

Every time I see an adult on a bicycle, I no longer despair for the future of the human race.
- H.G. Wells

May 10, 2003, 7:31 a.m.

I agree with Ken. You'd have to be living under a rock to not see all the CBC threads.

Synchro is right, every person past 2 certain points are laser counted by the GVRD 24 hours a day. Don't let the GVRD think that the mtb community can't police itself.

May 10, 2003, 7:43 a.m.

I think some people may have overeacted on this thread. With the dry and sunny weather we've had the last week, IFO was only wondering if CBC is ok to ride. He want's to get an updated information and some @#!$$%%@ clearly overeacted with their response. Chill out people!!!!!

May 10, 2003, 9:09 a.m.

God. What a bunch of babies. Whine whine whine. Someone challenges you to THINK and what's your response? "Boohoohoo, how dare you hurt my feelings that way. You have to show me respect". Grow up kiddies. If this is the toughest situation you face in your lives then it'll be a damn easy life you'll have lived.

Let's strip it down to the bare essentials:

1. The CBC topic has been done to death.

2. Anyone who isn't too lazy to use their noodle can figure out that it's closed.

Oh, and to those who say it hasn't rained in 2 weeks - take your heads out of your asses. There have been at least 3 very heavy rain days in the last 2 weeks.

Kn.

When one person suffers from a delusion, it is called insanity.

When many people suffer from a delusion, it is called religion.

May 10, 2003, 9:20 a.m.

There have been at least 3 very heavy rain days in the last 2 weeks.

Yes, sunday was bad.

If it's been perfect for 2 weeks, the least you can do is 30min - 1hr on rocks, and/or come to the nsmba day on it.

However, you will still be counted as a poacher by the counters.

Support the NSMBA!

May 10, 2003, 9:58 a.m.

Originally posted by bullit_kid
**there is also no sign saying CLOSED

so half the people dont know :( **

Ross- I've tried putting up signs saying CBC closed before; they lasted about 4 days. That happened when it snowed.

I tried putting up signs for 7th Secret, Espresso and some other trails the week before a trail day just so I could hike in materials and prep trail sections. None of those signs lasted a week or more.

That's why when some people were bitching at me about not putting up CBC signs saying "Trail closed" - I just ignored it because the people bitching are ignorant. I know that some selfish idiots will tear down the signs and not respect the one week temporary closure.

At least the GVRD signs lasted three weeks. GVRD could put up metal signs high on trees with lag bolts and some morons will still tear the signs down. I'm actually surprised none of the trailhead signs NSMBA has put in have been stolen - yet.

Anyhow, GVRD will give the mountain-biking community the chance to show just how much they can police themselves and respect the GVRD or even Jeremy. I BET we will show ourselves to be the selfish me me me pricks that we've always been.

REMINDER that the GVRD is awesome to mountain-bikers; they've given us wood, they've helped build stunts, they've given money for trailcrews for trails all over Seymour.

Yet again mountainbikers will shit in their own home court.

May 10, 2003, 10:02 a.m.

HAHAHA….. what you want people to think now? Come on!!! You're way too demanding,

Go easy on IFO though; he's a nice guy even if he does shuttle ;) and it was an honest question.

Goddamit - that's the second time I;ve used those stupid smilies.

God. What a bunch of babies. Whine whine whine. Someone challenges you to THINK and what's your response? "Boohoohoo, how dare you hurt my feelings that way. You have to show me respect". Grow up kiddies. If this is the toughest situation you face in your lives then it'll be a damn easy life you'll have lived.

May 10, 2003, 11 a.m.

Originally posted by PoserNewbie
I think some people may have overeacted on this thread. With the dry and sunny weather we've had the last week, IFO was only wondering if CBC is ok to ride. He want's to get an updated information and some @#!$$%%@ clearly overeacted with their response. Chill out people!!!!!

I know IFO was just curious, but if he is smart emough to start a new thread then he should be able to find the other CBC threads and get the most up to date info.

Some people here are reacting strongly because of the effort that has gone into the CBC trail. They know that the GVRD is monitoring the use of this trail while it is closed. We do not want to jeopardize the positive relationship we have with the GVRD right now. Also, with some other people saying things like nobody will tell them not to ride a trail, it tends to get the tempers up.

Don't forget, it's easy for all of us to over react when we're sitting here at the keyboard typing. I've done it myself, as I'm sure most of us have at one point or another.

We don't know what our limits are, so to start something with the idea of being limited actually ends up limiting us.
Ellen Langer

May 10, 2003, 11:21 a.m.

:lol: what a prick.

You need to smoke a J or jerk off or something man, release some of that tension thats building up..

Duncan is full of 18 year old MILFs

I love wild animals…..they're yummy!