CBC. Gonna get flamed...but oh well...

June 15, 2010, 9:33 a.m.

Just ride to the end of the log and drop down on the rocks.

When you ride the rocks, you will really be surprised.
I know so many people who won't even try it because it looks nasty, but it's amazingly smooth, especially compared to the other exit.

June 15, 2010, 9:52 a.m.

Shirk, you've got balls. That stem just wants to break and rip into your nutsack.

June 15, 2010, 9:54 a.m.

Shirk, you've got balls. That stem just wants to break and rip into your nutsack.

Notice the full moto kit. Not only boots, pants, jersey and helmet, but I put on the kidney belt for full on RAD effect.

June 15, 2010, 10:14 a.m.

I learned from my Stairs of Despair mistake with the vintage bike to took 15 minutes to make sure the break work.

:lol: What language is this? Franglais? I didn't know you were from Quebec.

It was pretty amazing what you did on that machine Brian.

Now fluid druid - that move that Shirk is showing in the photo looks challenging and feels challenging but it's actually not that difficult. And I'm no super star rider. The key is to get your weight forward on your bars as you drop in and then you can push the front end forward and lessen the impact as the rock ramp ends.

June 15, 2010, 10:15 a.m.

:lol: What language is this? Franglais? I didn't know you were from Quebec.

It was pretty amazing what you did on that machine Brian.

This is what happens when you over multitask.

June 15, 2010, 10:19 a.m.

you should ride that in the 4 queens.

After being abused on CBC, then being used as my ride for coffee or to the bar for the summer it was donated to the Bykes for Tykes that Obsession runs. Some lucky kid is now ripping around on that bike.

I bought it from North Shore Sports Swap for the race, I think I paid $40 for it.

June 15, 2010, 10:38 a.m.

K, so the straightline chunder way off the bridge is only like that due to years of riders slowing kicking the rocks apart. They won't be putting in a third option, but the second sure could use a rebuild.

It just needs some willing hands to do the work.

June 15, 2010, 10:39 a.m.

PS - mad skillz shirk. that was an awesome race.

June 15, 2010, 10:42 a.m.

Bri- I am still slightly disappointed we didn't go with the whole spend 6mos prior to the NSBF collecting empties so we could buy a sh!tbike from the bike swap for YOU to race in the Smackdown/Marathon. Would have been a great story.

You can all go to hell. I'll be joining you shortly and I'm bringing beer and cheetos.

June 15, 2010, 11:04 a.m.

Bri- I am still slightly disappointed we didn't go with the whole spend 6mos prior to the NSBF collecting empties so we could buy a sh!tbike from the bike swap for YOU to race in the Smackdown/Marathon. Would have been a great story.

Do we have enough time till Bear?

June 15, 2010, 11:08 a.m.

Ardooom

dude, you've go bills to pay, and they're not medical.

June 15, 2010, 11:17 a.m.

With the way we drink…maybe.

You can all go to hell. I'll be joining you shortly and I'm bringing beer and cheetos.

June 15, 2010, 2:36 p.m.

K, so the straightline chunder way off the bridge is only like that due to years of riders slowing kicking the rocks apart. They won't be putting in a third option, but the second sure could use a rebuild.

It just needs some willing hands to do the work.

So, I'm not imagining that it's gotten a bit sketchier since last year? Looking down from the top, it seems like it would be too easy to skip off to the right and end up in no man's land.

As for the rock roll off the end of the log: This has been the route that I've used with the most success. Cool thing, is that I "learned" how from a couple of ladies. One gal was showing the other how to do it… and they both nailed it perfectly…so I followed suit… and it was smooth.

However, the most recent couple of times, its been jarring me pretty good. Not sure if I'm missing the smoothest section or what….but whatever. 'Nuff said…I'll have to get up there and let it hang out.

I've been riding without the storm trooper gear lately… and maybe that's creating a subconscious barrier.

June 15, 2010, 4:33 p.m.

After being abused on CBC, then being used as my ride for coffee or to the bar for the summer it was donated to the Bykes for Tykes that Obsession runs. Some lucky kid is now ripping around on that bike.

I bought it from North Shore Sports Swap for the race, I think I paid $40 for it.

I have this mental image of some kid just riding along and his new (to him) red Specialized just blow's up underneath him and he has no idea why…

alright!!!

June 15, 2010, 4:58 p.m.

What happened to learning how to do it? Part of the joy of taking up a sport like this is the challenge is it not? I'm not trying to be an ass, but that's just the nature of the activity.

The first ride on the shore for me was in '97 and it was on Ladies. I was on a fully rigid and walked about 75% of the trail. I couldn't imagine people riding all of it. But I didn't simply walk away from it, by the end of the year I could ride almost all of it except for the big stupid.

The point? The rider has to adapt to the trail not the other way around. In my humble opinion of course.

^^This.

Not grooming the shit out of it because you can't ride it and want it your way.

www.thisiswhy.co.uk

www.teamnfi.blogspot.com/