New posts

Ca,'s thought on mtb'ing

March 14, 2003, 1:43 p.m.
Posts: 4010
Joined: Nov. 19, 2002

Originally posted by Mulletron
What about being called a "jibber" :lol:

i

March 14, 2003, 1:45 p.m.
Posts: 660
Joined: Nov. 19, 2002

Originally posted by clay@nsmb.com
I am thinking I haven't owned a BMX since I was 9 years old. Why is the one in your sig selling for three hundey then? :D

its used, and my sister just needs to sell it as quick as possible.

Its frickin sweet for the $$price.

full 4130 chromo frame and fork. Built to "team" spec. (only myself and Stricker had one)

Solid turn bars…….

Oh man………check it out already!

March 14, 2003, 2:03 p.m.
Posts: 3368
Joined: Dec. 10, 2002

All you guys bagging on the "dj /street" crowd sound like the old XC relics who were bagging on "Freeriders". While watching the UFC, I'd rather see some more trail riding and I'm not too impressed that the Aussie won his round. A little DJ to show versitilty is cool. Many off us have BMX back ground, but like Chris said, Mt. bikes are easier on old bones. Some people didn't just hop on 7" of suspension and start off from scratch. But, we don't all have to be one dimensional "huckers". If thats your thing, fine. I bet any of these so called "BMXers" could hop on an 7" travel bike and blow people away (me included). They just choose to apply their skills in a different way. It's called progrerssion. It may get phased out when the next big thing comes rolling in, but till then, just ride.

"May a commune of gay, Marxist Muslim illegal immigrants use your tax dollars to open a drive-thru abortion clinic in your church."

March 14, 2003, 2:04 p.m.
Posts: 2273
Joined: Nov. 22, 2002

Originally posted by eeyun
(side note: will this work week ever be over? I wanna ride!)

Oh, it's almost over all right (actually it flew by for me). Here's a little somethin for ya:

http://www.whistler-blackcomb.com/weather/snowreport/

100 cms supposed to fall this weekend cough that's the powder flu acting up, kiddies.

March 14, 2003, 2:05 p.m.
Posts: 660
Joined: Nov. 19, 2002

Originally posted by clay@nsmb.com
do you have a pic of it anywhere?

not yet……..soon though.

March 14, 2003, 2:10 p.m.
Posts: 2273
Joined: Nov. 22, 2002

Originally posted by blunt boy
All you guys bagging on the "dj /street" crowd sound like the old XC relics who were bagging on "Freeriders". While watching the UFC, I'd rather see some more trail riding and I'm not too impressed that the Aussie won his round. A little DJ to show versitilty is cool. Many off us have BMX back ground, but like Chris said, Mt. bikes are easier on old bones. Some people didn't just hop on 7" of suspension and start off from scratch. But, we don't all have to be one dimensional "huckers". If thats your thing, fine. I bet any of these so called "BMXers" could hop on an 7" travel bike and blow people away (me included). They just choose to apply their skills in a different way. It's called progrerssion. It may get phased out when the next big thing comes rolling in, but till then, just ride.

I don't think anyone's hacking on the talents of bmx'ers, dj'ers, or anyone else - quite the opposite, in fact. But if the UFC is supposed to represent the "Ultimate" Freerider, then dj'ing and street alone should not cut it, just like hucking or skinnies alone are not enough - but they are all important elements.

In my mind, you can't be the ultimate freerider if you can't do a bit of everything. Sure, you'll have your strengths and weaknesses, but if you're a glorified bmx rider on 26" wheels, forget it - that's not a complete representation of freeride in and of itself. Ditto if you're just making craters in Utah, or ONLY jumping. And yeah, most of these riders ARE great at more than one or two things - usually the talents that make you a good jumper or hucker or street rider can be transferred as long as you want to. Then again, I've seen Bender try to negotiate a 30 degree slope with long grass before, and he looked like a duck out of water - it was pretty awkward looking to say the least.

March 14, 2003, 2:14 p.m.
Posts: 3368
Joined: Dec. 10, 2002

I totally agree with you. Its (DJ / Street)just not keeping Mt biking from getting "better" is all I'm saying.

"May a commune of gay, Marxist Muslim illegal immigrants use your tax dollars to open a drive-thru abortion clinic in your church."

March 14, 2003, 2:16 p.m.
Posts: 1878
Joined: Nov. 23, 2002

Originally posted by Pete@nsmb.com
**I don't think anyone's hacking on the talents of bmx'ers, dj'ers, or anyone else - quite the opposite, in fact. But if the UFC is supposed to represent the "Ultimate" Freerider, then dj'ing and street alone should not cut it, just like hucking or skinnies alone are not enough - but they are all important elements.

In my mind, you can't be the ultimate freerider if you can't do a bit of everything. Sure, you'll have your strengths and weaknesses, but if you're a glorified bmx rider on 26" wheels, forget it - that's not a complete representation of freeride in and of itself. Ditto if you're just making craters in Utah, or ONLY jumping. And yeah, most of these riders ARE great at more than one or two things - usually the talents that make you a good jumper or hucker or street rider can be transferred as long as you want to. Then again, I've seen Bender try to negotiate a 30 degree slope with long grass before, and he looked like a duck out of water - it was pretty awkward looking to say the least. **

That's what makes Wade the "Ultimate", he does it all and is super smooth.

Luck is what happens when preparation meets opportunity ~ Seneca

March 14, 2003, 2:19 p.m.
Posts: 3368
Joined: Dec. 10, 2002

yup.

"May a commune of gay, Marxist Muslim illegal immigrants use your tax dollars to open a drive-thru abortion clinic in your church."

March 14, 2003, 2:21 p.m.
Posts: 3368
Joined: Dec. 10, 2002

Schley put on a pretty good show in NWD III too.

"May a commune of gay, Marxist Muslim illegal immigrants use your tax dollars to open a drive-thru abortion clinic in your church."

March 14, 2003, 2:23 p.m.
Posts: 6663
Joined: Nov. 20, 2002

Originally posted by Pete@nsmb.com
**Oh, it's almost over all right (actually it flew by for me). Here's a little somethin for ya:

http://www.whistler-blackcomb.com/weather/snowreport/

100 cms supposed to fall this weekend cough that's the powder flu acting up, kiddies. **

Pete = the snow right now is kinda like "pig snot".

Bring a trash bag to put over jackets if you go up

March 14, 2003, 2:27 p.m.
Posts: 2037
Joined: Nov. 27, 2002

Originally posted by Crazy Canuck
**FREERIDE

Ride it all. **

CHRINN

March 14, 2003, 2:29 p.m.
Posts: 10387
Joined: Dec. 19, 1977

Originally posted by blunt boy
I totally agree with you. Its (DJ / Street)just not keeping Mt biking from getting "better" is all I'm saying.

Agreed! :-)

March 14, 2003, 3:14 p.m.
Posts: 1836
Joined: Nov. 19, 2002

k , so MTB street is better for older bodies than BMX … i just have one question

then why do we sponsor and put mtb street riders in movies ?
think about it !

if they are worried about that .. they grab a 24" ride park or street half decent and we sponsor them ?…

if you want my opinion on what freeriding is all about watch any of the kranked movies ! ..

people are generalizing all the categories so that there is no more "RIDING"

what happened to open DH style freeriding … ?
everyone thinks of shore when actual mountain biking is mentioned

mtb street is fun but not worthy of sponsors or movies … end of story !

it should be one of those things you and a pal do after a ride …not an entire section of the sport .. i also agree everyone can do what they please

BUT … you must realise it is our responsibility to preserve our sport and not make a fool of our sport

Funn stem and bar - 20 bucks

March 14, 2003, 3:53 p.m.
Posts: 0
Joined: Dec. 8, 2002

I don't mean to sound ****y, Last year I did a can can nothing when only a few BMXer's we're doing it. I've done mini superman nothings too, not that many people can do that in the BMX world.

If I'm doing this, then imagine what we'll be doing in the next few years…

Stop worrying about what everyone else is doing, and do you own thing. Cram you negitivity up your own ass, my young mind is full of enough non-sense.

Forum jump: