Can you ride from Coquitlam to Squamish?

June 8, 2016, 11:43 a.m.

I contacted these guys www.indianarm.ca

$375+GST for up to 5 people with bikes, $650+GST for up to 20.

June 8, 2016, 12:53 p.m.

WTF? That's a major rip off if its from The bottom of Gallant at the dock in the cove.

People always ask me what's the phenomenon
Yo what's up? Yo what's goin' on- Adam Yauch

June 8, 2016, 1:49 p.m.

Those prices are from Deep Cove. I just did a quick search and they were the first outfit I found. If there are other options I'd appreciate any suggestions.

Sent from my Nexus 5 using Tapatalk

June 8, 2016, 3:04 p.m.

Rent/borrow a couple of canoes and find someone who wants to paddle them back to deep cove. we used to do this trip by having half the group ride in from Squamish and the other half canoe and meet up at the top of the arm. After a couple of days camping we would swap the groups for the way home. Lots of fun!

June 9, 2016, 8:55 a.m.

Rent/borrow a couple of canoes and find someone who wants to paddle them back to deep cove. we used to do this trip by having half the group ride in from Squamish and the other half canoe and meet up at the top of the arm. After a couple of days camping we would swap the groups for the way home. Lots of fun!

Ya cool. I grew up in the Cove we used to paddle up there lots. If you time the tides right you can cruise up and down in a kayak/canoe with ease.

People always ask me what's the phenomenon
Yo what's up? Yo what's goin' on- Adam Yauch

June 9, 2016, 9:07 a.m.

Thanks. Not too bad for 5 people. Saves a lot of hassles.

July 16, 2016, 11:38 p.m.

Rode from the Arm to Squamish today. Fun trip, but didn't get much in the way of views due to low cloud cover. Saw a few elk, but no other wildlife, which was a bit surprising.

Super fast descent from the high point to the Mamquam road. Would be a major grunt going the other way.

July 17, 2016, 1:48 a.m.

I've done Squ-Indarm-Sqa trip a number of times. I am not a regular biker but use my bike as a tool.

I really have to walk/push my bike to the summit and then cruise down. On the way back I, again, push bike to summit then cruise to car.

It is a grunt. I think even for regular cyclists it would be a long day. A little over 80km going up, down and back up before going down again.

Also have pushed bike up to Norton Lake which is very nice and would make a nice camping destination. There are a bunch of other lakes in that vicinity as well. Again it's a grunt up, I push, but a decent ride down.

PaulB: How is the road in? Driveable? Usually there are some creeks crossing during July/August.

July 17, 2016, 10:26 a.m.

The road is in good shape. We met two 4Runners and a Tacoma (all appeared to be stock, no extra lift) at one of the biggest creeks just south of the high point, and they had no problems crossing.

July 17, 2016, 11:06 a.m.

The Indian River Road as cleared about 3ish years ago from active logging, probably PowerLines as well actually, I dualsport up there all the time. Still susceptible to washout but they get cleared unlike the old days when they had the wall up.

yeah bro!!

July 17, 2016, 12:23 p.m.

Thanks for the info about the road. I met some surveyors a couple years ago that said they were putting a natural gas pipeline adjacent to the road which would run to Woodfibre. Not sure if that plan is still active.