Can you ride from Coquitlam to Squamish?

June 7, 2016, 6:31 p.m.

I'm guessing there is a road that accompanies the natural gas pipeline. I'm sure it's private property blah blah, and it might be fresh look at our hood. Easyish day if you plan for it no?

June 7, 2016, 6:35 p.m.

yes

"Nobody really gives a shit that you don't like the thing that you have no firsthand experience with." Dave

June 7, 2016, 6:38 p.m.

have you ridden it?

June 7, 2016, 8:54 p.m.

I was just doing some research today on biking from Indian Arm to Squamish.

Biking from Coquitlam is possible, but I'm pretty sure it would require going through watershed. :nono:

June 7, 2016, 9:16 p.m.

no

http://www.selfpropelledoutdoorclub.com/tripreports666update.html

but it can be done

http://www.selfpropelledoutdoorclub.com/tripreports777.html

"Nobody really gives a shit that you don't like the thing that you have no firsthand experience with." Dave

June 7, 2016, 9:27 p.m.

No, because I'm riding from El Tunco to Usaltuan tomorrow.

This trip to Kelowna was definately an undertaking - Liam and I had been planning this project for 24 hours. We worked really hard to pull out all the stops in this video. We had slo-mo goggle shots; time lapses; pedal flips; outrageous product shots; unloading and loading the bike; walking through the field with your hand in wheat. At the end of the day this trip was all about just getting out and riding with all my friends.

www.letsridebikes.ca

June 8, 2016, 8:59 a.m.

I was just doing some research today on biking from Indian Arm to Squamish.

Biking from Coquitlam is possible, but I'm pretty sure it would require going through watershed. :nono:

We did a water taxi to the head of indian arm and then rode to squamish. Very straightforward and quite nice being on the backside of The Mamquam.

June 8, 2016, 9:26 a.m.

That's what I was thinking of doing. The latest Forestry District update says it's blocked at 10km from the Squamish end due to a washout, which shouldn't be a problem on bikes. I've found reports as recent as last fall that said it was fully operational at that time, so it should be in pretty decent shape.

June 8, 2016, 9:34 a.m.

That's what I was thinking of doing. The latest Forestry District update says it's blocked at 10km from the Squamish end due to a washout, which shouldn't be a problem on bikes. I've found reports as recent as last fall that said it was fully operational at that time, so it should be in pretty decent shape.

Its fine. You get wet feet maybe.
Was planning on doing an out and back this summer to Granite falls from Squamish.

People always ask me what's the phenomenon
Yo what's up? Yo what's goin' on- Adam Yauch

June 8, 2016, 10:20 a.m.

I just talked to the District office in Squamish. They said that, as of last Friday, the road is driveable with high clearance 4x4, the washout at 10km has been sorted out.

June 8, 2016, 10:59 a.m.

I just talked to the District office in Squamish. They said that, as of last Friday, the road is driveable with high clearance 4x4, the washout at 10km has been sorted out.

So they are letting the 4x4's in again. Last time I was there a few years back they had blocked it with concrete blocks that the 4x4's were pulling down to gain access.

There is tons of 4x4 threads about it.

People always ask me what's the phenomenon
Yo what's up? Yo what's goin' on- Adam Yauch

June 8, 2016, 11:04 a.m.

morgan did the squish-[HTML_REMOVED]indian arm trip a few years ago and wrote it up:

http://theradavist.com/2014/05/weather-damned-morgan-taylor/#1

June 8, 2016, 11:10 a.m.

The block wall was just a fun challenge for the lifted 4x4 crowd. I watched 5 Jeeps crawl around it.

June 8, 2016, 11:27 a.m.

I just drove the road 3 weekends ago. It's fully open all the way down to top of the arm where the road dead ends. Drive-able in a 2wd car with some careful navigation around a few water bars and rougher sections of road.

As for Squamish to Coquitlam, yes it's drive-able but you need keys to get out of Eagle mtn as the gate is locked. I forget where but you can get a key for free upon registration. The info would be up on the BC4x4 or BCJeepclub forums. You also need a decent 4x4 to navigate Eagle mtn but the road from the top of the arm to Eagle is graded FSR.

• I should add that pretty much all the roads are gated around the watershed so no use doing this unless you have a guide that knows the way around.
June 8, 2016, 11:31 a.m.

We did a water taxi to the head of indian arm and then rode to squamish. Very straightforward and quite nice being on the backside of The Mamquam.

What was the water taxi company?