Can some of you business people (Pip, Fox, JSinclair, etc) teach me something...?

Aug. 24, 2003, 11:32 p.m.

One thing you might want to try @ your local store with the rack is quote them both prices from their site and ask them the same thing - "If I can save a bunch by buying it online from your USA store, are you will to come down a bit on the retail price. Lets add in the fact that I've also bought (all the other items you listed above) at this store, so I'm a good cutomer"

btw - when you buy from the USA always ask them to ship it US Postal Ground Insured. Takes a while - but your brokerage is a flat $5.00 canadian - none of this bullshit $46.00 or more thru UPS or Fedex etc.

I've never lost anything shipped that way, though I have had a shipment take 4 weeks… heheh

Aug. 25, 2003, 4:33 p.m.

A lot of companies like Yakima, who have a distributor in Canada and the US, have their customers sign agreements that they can not sell products cross boarder. I know for a fact that Yakima does have this deal with their dealers, you might want to get more details from Rack Attack about that.

Also, manufacturers and distributors don't change their pricing during the season, based on the change in the dollar. This works both ways, when the dollar plumets, they don't put their prices up right away, so why would they lower their prices in season.