Bullsh*t weather

Aug. 11, 2007, 6:27 p.m.

It's been hot and dry in the kootenays…BUT…I'd kill for some rain, or to ride on the coast right about now! It's almost too dusty around here right now, you can taste the grit in your teeth. The riding climate on the coast is pretty ideal, not too hot, not too cold and plenty of rain to keep the dirt tacky. Sometimes choking on the dust around here this time of the year makes me want to move back to the coast.

Aug. 11, 2007, 6:36 p.m.

these are the best trail conditions i've ever seen in aug by far,pretty much as good as it gets period. not great beach/camping weather but good for most everything else.

Aug. 11, 2007, 6:42 p.m.

Quit yer crying girlie pants, the trails are in prime shape.

You can all go to hell. I'll be joining you shortly and I'm bringing beer and cheetos.

Aug. 11, 2007, 11:10 p.m.

They say the grass is always greener on the other side…….Know why? Because it gets rained on!! :ohthedrama:

Trust me, 350 miles south of you in P-Town, the weather is the same. Crappy weather in North Van usually means crappy weather everywhere north of NorCal…

Truth be told, I'd rather ride damp and tacky trails than dust-choked trails any day!

But what has the wind been doing in the Gorge??

I am coming down next week for 10 days to get my sailing fix. The car is jammed with kid/dog etc so I may have to leave my bike at home….arrgghh

Aug. 12, 2007, 3:29 a.m.

these are the best trail conditions i've ever seen in aug by far,pretty much as good as it gets period

exactly what I was thinking on my ride today.

River City Cycle Club - www.rivercitycycle.ca

Comox Valley Mountain Biking - www.cvmtb.com

Aug. 12, 2007, 4:34 p.m.

The trails are in pretty nice shape. Perfect weather if you as me. Not to hot, not too cold. Unless its -40 or 40+humid or the weather is seriously life threatening, it dont think there is any reason to get all upset. The Pacific Northweast has a pretty damn nice climate. The rain we had this summer combined with the snow pack has mean not major worries about water shortages/getting banned from the forest due to fire worries. Its all good.

Chill out and don't pin all your hopes to having good weather on one specific time slot.

vegetarian: an ancient word for "likes to stay home with the ladies…"

Aug. 12, 2007, 8:14 p.m.

But what has the wind been doing in the Gorge??

I am coming down next week for 10 days to get my sailing fix. The car is jammed with kid/dog etc so I may have to leave my bike at home….arrgghh

Just drove back to Portland from Hood river and the wind was blowing nicely. Plenty of white caps and three foot rollers on the water. And no one was out there. Hurry down here. It's waiting for you:)

"The Attention Deficit Disorder Association's Book of Wild Animals of
Western Eur- Hey! Let's Go Ride Our Bikes!"

Check out my pipes at www.thomasjlipspipeworks.wordpress.com

Aug. 12, 2007, 8:55 p.m.

Bitch Less Ride More it is only rain!

The raw, primitive, unrefined trails that see little to no maintenance are the kinds of trails that really build skill. What kind of skills do you learn riding a trail that was made by a machine, groomed to perfection and void of any rocks, roots or other obstacles that could send you careening over the handlebars?

Aug. 13, 2007, 5:41 a.m.

Its the same in :scotland: can't remember a worse summer :(

Aug. 13, 2007, 7:16 a.m.

Yep, here too, in :germany: that is.

"You don't learn from experience. You learn from reflecting on the experience."
- Kristen Ulmer

Aug. 13, 2007, 11:46 a.m.

Researchers say that with climate change, the future brings us colder, wetter weather in the northern regions, like BC, and northern Eurasia, while those closer to the equator will see hotter, dryer weather.

Sure, it may take hundreds of years for this to come to fruition, but as it stands we better be prepared for some major changes.

Aug. 14, 2007, 2:47 a.m.

Researchers say that with climate change, the future brings us colder, wetter weather in the northern regions, like BC, and northern Eurasia, while those closer to the equator will see hotter, dryer weather.

Sure, it may take hundreds of years for this to come to fruition, but as it stands we better be prepared for some major changes.

It's not global warming but more of extreme climates. We're losing the spring/fall-like weather and gaining more summer/winter-like weather. I bet Sept will be nice during the day and realy cold and by mid Oct it will be like winter.

Rain [HTML_REMOVED] Forest Fire

oh hai!

Aug. 14, 2007, 2:57 a.m.

well the weather here in England has been f*cked for months, we had no summer at all…just grey skies and rain :(

I got a week of nice sunshine in Whistler last week, i get back to England at weekend and already its cold, wet and raining

next time i ride to work i am wearing swimming shorts!

Mythic / Da Kine / Esher Shore / Freeborn

http://hampsteadbandit.blogspot.com/

Aug. 16, 2007, 2:09 p.m.

http://www.mytelus.com/weather/land_search.do?station=VANCOUVER[HTML_REMOVED]station_s=+Go+[HTML_REMOVED]province=[HTML_REMOVED]state=[HTML_REMOVED]country=

BAAAAAHAHAHAHAHA!!!!!!! WOOOOOOOOO!!
MY SAILING TRIP IS F*KED!
GOOD OL VANCOUVER WEATHER….YEP ….RIGHT ON TIME. THANKS!
CAN WE HAVE MORE THAN 3 DAYS CONSECUTIVE OF SUMMER PLEASE? APPARANLEY I AM ASKING TOO MUCH.

Aug. 16, 2007, 3:08 p.m.

well the answer is obvious, we have to shoot cannons into the sky