Breaking: Tina Kraal Pleads Guilty

May 2, 2015, 10:04 a.m.

I, for one, don't think your coverage was sensationalistic. I appreciate NSMB covering the issue and hope you'd provide coverage of similar issues in the future.

Keep up the good work.

May 2, 2015, 1:21 p.m.

I'd like to know if she has indeed plead guilty already.

May 3, 2015, 3:08 p.m.

She did indeed plead guilty.

I've heard some rumblings that suggest things may be going in a different direction now. Once I have more information I will post an update - but at this point the information I have received is unconfirmed.

Buckle up haters.

May 3, 2015, 4:24 p.m.

If she were to get a fine and a record that would be enough. She's suffered enough. The record will tarnish her reputation, a fine will hurt.

I hope she doesn't do jail time. That would be a waste of tax payers money.

http://mtbtrails.ca/ Author of Locals' Guide to North Shore Rides and Locals' Guide to Fraser Valley Rides.

Follow us on Twitter and Instagram

May 4, 2015, 4:41 p.m.

I have confirmed that things are evolving. I'll know more tomorrow.

May 4, 2015, 10:24 p.m.

If she were to get a fine and a record that would be enough. She's suffered enough.

True. There's been a lot of personal attacks. For example, the title of this thread.

We could tone down the issue and de-senationalize things by not putting her name in the headlines. It would have sufficed to use Accused Trail Saboteur Pleads Guilty.

May 4, 2015, 10:36 p.m.

I'm not sure how that is less sensational Alan - since trail saboteur is likely to attract more attention than her name.

But I have no objection to that.

May 5, 2015, 6:46 a.m.

Someone who seeks out to intentionally injure others should be called out and face whatever legal recourse is coming to them.

May 5, 2015, 7:04 a.m.

Someone who seeks out to intentionally injure others should be called out and face whatever legal recourse is coming to them.

yup, and doesn't really deserve not having her name attached to the charges

May 5, 2015, 7:56 a.m.

^ Agreed with both of the above.

Somehow there seems to be a school of thought within the MTB community that we should be all nice and tread softly over this. I don't think NSMB has unreasonably sensationalised this. It's a contentious turn of events and I'm not sure one could have reported this (which I think is important to do so) any less dramatically.

As for sweeping everything under the rug and letting the legal system take its course in peace, I dunno. I think to some extent she waved that privilege when she tried to weasel her way out of the charges by playing the victim card. Obviously, and just to be clear, I'm not proposing any action against her outside of the legal system, but personally I look forward to further updates on this matter via this website and other mainstream media.

May 5, 2015, 8:47 a.m.

Thanks Cam for reporting the facts!

Facts are facts.

We can have our opinion of facts, but at the end of the day, it is the Judge's opinion of the facts that really matter. So we will have to wait and see.

Talk less, Say More.

May 5, 2015, 9:32 a.m.

We could tone down the issue and de-senationalize things by not putting her name in the headlines. It would have sufficed to use Accused Trail Saboteur Pleads Guilty.

Disagree.

Look at the papers anywhere Alan.

People are named.

The good, the bad, the ugly, the stupid.

Talk less, Say More.

May 5, 2015, 8:10 p.m.

http://nsmb.com/saboteur-to-plead-not-guilty/

More sensationalism.

May 5, 2015, 8:32 p.m.

That's just weak. I'm so bothered by that I almost don't even know how to respond. This is how lawyers get the slimy, snake-in-the grass reputation that they have.

I hope the judge is able to see through her lies and serve an appropriate sentence. I have to agree that I don't think jail time would do anyone any good, but perhaps a hefty fine, some community service (helping maintain bike trails maybe?) and a criminal record (thereby restricting out of country travel) would suffice.

She was trying to hurt people, simple as that. That's a crime it should be punished.

Thank you NSMB for keeping this story up to date.

I ride bikes, when I can.

May 5, 2015, 10:01 p.m.

Give her a criminal record and lay some large logs on her lawn/driveway daily for 25 years. Then someone gets a government paid job to lay logs and she suffers her own medicine. Also, place logs across her stairs, then maybe she might get it.