Boogieman, Boogie Nights plus crash and analysis (video)

May 17, 2016, 4:14 p.m.

I'm posting this video to show the features of both trails. I've included a crash and then a detailed crash analysis of what happened.

For those that saw my previous video, it is similar but I have now included the Crash at 3:00 and then a detailed analysis.

Has anyone else crashed at this same feature (Gap Jump)?

https://vimeo.com/166912780

May 17, 2016, 4:35 p.m.

haven't ridden the new gap jump yet but from what I've heard from other riders is you've really gotta scrub the little rock drop to keep your speed before hitting the gap

May 17, 2016, 4:40 p.m.

haven't ridden boogie man in years. i've been hearing about the new work and thinking of checking it out. but i think your video scratched that itch for me. thanks!

"Nobody really gives a shit that you don't like the thing that you have no firsthand experience with." Dave

May 17, 2016, 4:56 p.m.

haven't ridden the new gap jump yet but from what I've heard from other riders is you've really gotta scrub the little rock drop to keep your speed before hitting the gap

It is quite deceiving because the gap jump is really close to the drop. So a small error after exiting the drop can really throw off your positioning on the bike, like what happened to me.

May 17, 2016, 10:11 p.m.

I rode it twice and cleared it both times but the first time I almost did the same thing as you, I came down the steep rock face directly into the drop so I had a lot of speed. I crashed on the new gap jump on ladies though, coming down the steep rock face just before the teeter.

May 18, 2016, 10:18 a.m.

I rode it twice and cleared it both times but the first time I almost did the same thing as you, I came down the steep rock face directly into the drop so I had a lot of speed. I crashed on the new gap jump on ladies though, coming down the steep rock face just before the teeter.

Thanks bud, are there any videos of anyone riding this gap? I just want to analyze the speed, etc.

I think it's important for a rider to go back and hit the feature that he crashed on for his confidence so I will go back and hit it this weekend.

I think it's a good idea to analyze any new jump, especially gap jump before hitting it. To be honest, I just saw the feature beside the pile driver and decided to hit it after I did the pile driver. But a lesson was learned, in the future, I will closely analyze any new jump/drop/feature before attempting it.

Thanks again for your input.

May 18, 2016, 10:45 a.m.

Nicely done. Thanks for the video.

May 18, 2016, 1:31 p.m.

I ride alone essentially every time I'm out so gap jumps freak me out because it's really hard for me to know what speed is required to make a new gap until it's too late!

I find that seeing a demo is super helpful - so thanks for the crash analysis!!!

May 18, 2016, 1:43 p.m.

That was well done. Thanks for the laugh.

It is easy to dodge our responsibilities, but we cannot dodge the consequences of dodging our responsibilities.
- Josiah Stamp

Every time I see an adult on a bicycle, I no longer despair for the future of the human race.
- H.G. Wells

May 18, 2016, 5:49 p.m.

The new gap is very easy to overshoot, you have more than enough speed coming off the rock face. That being said the landing transition is long and smooth enough that you really don't have to scrub that much speed if you don't want to.

p.s. dude that is a great crash :D Glad you're ok

May 18, 2016, 9:12 p.m.

Sorry I'm not answering your question but I wanted to say that your video was awesome for showcasing the trail… it would be perfect on Trailforks as its the kind of video I'd be looking for when I want to see what a trail entails before riding it.

May 18, 2016, 9:57 p.m.

haven't ridden boogie man in years. i've been hearing about the new work and thinking of checking it out. but i think your video scratched that itch for me. thanks!

Go hit it. It's worth it.

May 18, 2016, 9:59 p.m.

If you can clean the piledriver I'm sure you'll be fine on the gap this weekend!

May 19, 2016, 8:16 a.m.

That was great! Thanks for posting

May 19, 2016, 9:42 a.m.

Sorry I'm not answering your question but I wanted to say that your video was awesome for showcasing the trail… it would be perfect on Trailforks as its the kind of video I'd be looking for when I want to see what a trail entails before riding it.

I have uploaded it on TrailForks. Thanks for watching and your positive response.