Bobsled? Trail Etiquette?

Sept. 11, 2018, 11:25 p.m.

If common sense were common....I see Bobsled as a introductory trail for riding the Shore. Yes, I like to go full blast on it, but I tend to ride it at off-peak times. If I do see someone slower (a person, a child, or even someone's dog),  it's easy enough to ease the brakes.  For one, it sets the tone for etiquette for potential future regulars, and for another, I don't think there's any glory in pinning it on Bobsled (I can't recall seeing champagne and ticker tape at the end)...and if I still feel the need (the need....for speed), I can handle the 10 minute climb back up for another lap.

If you (by "you", I mean anyone.....from a young family with a Chariot in tow, to a decked out UCI wannabe) ride it at 5:30 on a sunny Thursday, or at 2:00 on a stellar Saturday, and there is a line-up of people prepping to go down, expect the issues that come with traffic. 

If you want to avoid issues, off-peak hours are the smart choice....the mountain is almost empty before 11:00. I remember when my kids were little, they tended to wake up waaaaaay too early. Perfect time for a ride!

Sept. 13, 2018, 10:28 a.m.

Posted by: earleb

The day some Jerry fast passes my kid and scares him i'll be racing ahead to catch him and put my feet through both his wheels. I don't care what trail it is. 

So hostile, geez.

Sept. 18, 2018, 11:19 a.m.

Bobsled multi-access story on BC1 News this morning.  They said three trails on Seymour are next.

Sept. 18, 2018, 11:32 a.m.

https://nsmba.ca/amtb-trail-project/

A loop on Seymour.