Bobsled is Open!

Sept. 9, 2010, 2:32 p.m.

it was slick last night

also just a reminder to peeps riding in big groups - please leave space for other riders to pass when you're at the top/bottom/first gate or when you're pedalling/pushing up the road

WTB Frequency i23 rim, 650b NEW - $40

Sept. 9, 2010, 3:52 p.m.

We need 10 people to join us to complete naturalization work along Bobsled. We'll be working with Owen from the DNV crew, then riding the trail afterwards.

Sunday, September 12th - Meet at the bottom of the trail at 10am

web: nsmba.ca
email: [email protected]

Trails for all, trails forever.

Sept. 9, 2010, 5:23 p.m.

We need 10 people to join us to complete naturalization work along Bobsled. We'll be working with Owen from the DNV crew, then riding the trail afterwards.

Sunday, September 12th - Meet at the bottom of the trail at 10am

I've got an idea… I just need to confirm some details but I can help.

Can someone from NSMBA call me or pm me a number I can chat with someone?

Thanks!

DB

Lessons, Rentals & Tours - since 2004

www.endlessbiking.com

Facebook Fan Page

Follow us on Twitter

Sept. 9, 2010, 5:59 p.m.

Got it sorted. We'll have some kids there to help out. See you on Sunday!

DB@EB

Lessons, Rentals & Tours - since 2004

www.endlessbiking.com

Facebook Fan Page

Follow us on Twitter

Sept. 9, 2010, 6:41 p.m.

you're the man Darren, a million +reps for you if I could

WTB Frequency i23 rim, 650b NEW - $40

Sept. 9, 2010, 8:51 p.m.

That would be James.

oh, hes got a sick bike!

loam_luver

Sept. 9, 2010, 11:11 p.m.

Right after a little drop near the end, It was one of the last big right hand berms to a flat-ish section about 15/20seconds from the end. I totally washed out after surviving the berm and went right into a hole that was dug out for dirt and basically hit the one big rock in the area with my right bicep. Fun times!!!!!!! Then I went up and rode Oilcan :D

Most of the dirt holes should be filled up and decommissioned for the week-end (or at least the bigger ones)

That flat corner has absolutely no golden dirt around it. I think it might get banked a bit in the future though. That's still to check.

didnt know nsmb was only for pros

its not, its only for dicks.

My Flickr

Sept. 9, 2010, 11:13 p.m.

oh, hes got a sick bike!

Thanks! The M3 is a little too big of a bike for me though so it might not be around for very long lol.

didnt know nsmb was only for pros

its not, its only for dicks.

My Flickr

Sept. 10, 2010, 7:57 p.m.

So… how's the trail holding out?

Sept. 11, 2010, 8:17 p.m.

As of this afternoon, it is starting to see some holes and braking bumps on some of the berms, and the last 50 m is getting pretty torn up, otherwise it's in pretty good shape, especially considering how fresh it is and the high volume of traffic it is seeing.

james; do you happen to know if this trail is going to be adopted by an existing or new builder under the current permit system, or is DNV going to stay on top of maintenance?

Please let me demonstrate the ride around; really it's no trouble.

Sept. 11, 2010, 9:15 p.m.

Well they must be doing something right. I've never seen so many riders on Fromme. Moms and dads, kids riding hardtails from Sportcheck. That trail has seen more traffic in a week than Oilcan has in a year. NSMBA and DNV should get the NS News to do a feel good story about Bobsled.

Sept. 11, 2010, 10:18 p.m.

Rode bobsled today, great trail! Lots of fun!
Posted via Mobile Device

Sept. 11, 2010, 10:21 p.m.

My wife and I took my 9 year old daughter and her Kona Kula 2-4 for 2 laps today on Bobsled and other than one really good face plant by my daughter, it was all thumbs up! While I was cleaning her up after her crash, there had to of been 20 riders go by, so it seems to be popular.

Master of Puppets

Sept. 11, 2010, 10:59 p.m.

Well they must be doing something right. I've never seen so many riders on Fromme. Moms and dads, kids riding hardtails from Sportcheck. That trail has seen more traffic in a week than Oilcan has in a year. NSMBA and DNV should get the NS News to do a feel good story about Bobsled.

My wife and I took my 9 year old daughter and her Kona Kula 2-4 for 2 laps today on Bobsled and other than one really good face plant by my daughter, it was all thumbs up! While I was cleaning her up after her crash, there had to of been 20 riders go by, so it seems to be popular.

To counter Monica's usual anti biking/trail rants to Mayor and council (http://www.fonvca.org/letters/2010/14jun-to/Monica_Craver_10aug2010.pdf), might be a good time for everyone who is enjoying the trail to drop a brief email DNV and say thanks for the Bobsled rehab and keep up the good work?

It would only take a few seconds to say thanks and probably do the mtb community some good; all the relevent email addresses are in the header of Monica's email.

Please let me demonstrate the ride around; really it's no trouble.

Sept. 11, 2010, 11:09 p.m.

To counter Monica's usual anti biking/trail rants to Mayor and council (http://www.fonvca.org/letters/2010/14jun-to/Monica_Craver_10aug2010.pdf), might be a good time for everyone who is enjoying the trail to drop a brief email DNV and say thanks for the Bobsled rehab and keep up the good work?

It would only take a few seconds to say thanks and probably do the mtb community some good; all the relevent email addresses are in the header of Monica's email.

Done!

I really think Monica needs more Love in her life, it must really suck to be that bitter! If I ever see her, while riding with my fit, happy, well adjusted, content, daughters, I will make sure my daughters gives her a hug!

Master of Puppets