Bobsled is Open!

Sept. 6, 2010, 10:08 a.m.

GO DNV!! The Shore needs more Green [HTML_REMOVED] Blue trails to complement the traditional freeride tracks. Bridle Path, Stick [HTML_REMOVED] Stones, Bobsled, Floppy Bunny - keep the flowy xc trails coming. When I'm 50 I don't want to be dropping to flat on Boogieman. But I still want to be riding my bike on the shore. Progress is good.

Sept. 6, 2010, 10:13 a.m.

"James" almost seems puzzled, though. He doesn't understand typical mountain bike scofflaw behaviour,
yet? And DNV has had to put up with the "poaching" since the beginning of the project? Shameful, huh

I don't understand mountain bike scofflaw? No MC it's called caring. I care for this project because I AM a mountain biker!!!
I guess caring for a project like this just doesn't make sense.

didnt know nsmb was only for pros

its not, its only for dicks.

My Flickr

Sept. 6, 2010, 10:15 a.m.

I'm not for turning every trail into a sidewalk. I'm into sustainability, progression and access for all. These types of trails are popping up all over te world because they are fun, suitable or a variety of skills and much more sustainable than fall line trails we've beentryin to protect.

The attitude on Fromme this weekend was great, much better than these boards this morning. The new trail is like a happy pill, it's like everyone got laid… Seriously, people are stoked. Traditionalist should be pumped too, they can have the rest of the trails back as everyone will be riding Bobsled for a while and some will never go any farther up the mtn.

Cheer up everyone. Thanks to all or making this happen! It is a tremendous asset to the trails on the Shore.

DB@EB

Lessons, Rentals & Tours - since 2004

www.endlessbiking.com

Facebook Fan Page

Follow us on Twitter

Sept. 6, 2010, 10:19 a.m.

Bite me Sharon how dare you compare me to that Craver bitch I don't like what is happening to Fromme I think it is being destroyed ,the trails are being dumbed down to the point you might as well ride mountain highway berms and such belong in a bike park not on what was the premier mountain biking mountain your all turning it into an amusement park ride

um I didn't.

Don't be afraid of diversity and creating trails that everyone can enjoy and develop the skills to appreciate the more difficult trails.

Nobody wants to see the more challenging trails dumbed down and its my understanding that they won't be.

Looking to ride the shore but don't know where to go?

Get a copy of the Locals Guide to North Shore Rides!

Follow MTB Trails on Twitter

Follow Sharon and Lee on Twitter

Sept. 6, 2010, 10:27 a.m.

OMG, searching google to see if anybody made any non-helmet cam video of the new bobsled and come across this asshat, i understand he is well know for this sort of shit.

http://www.groupsrv.com/travel/about25781.html

i'm famous, vandeman quoted me!

Sept. 6, 2010, 10:35 a.m.

Bite me Sharon how dare you compare me to that Craver bitch I don't like what is happening to Fromme I think it is being destroyed ,the trails are being dumbed down to the point you might as well ride mountain highway berms and such belong in a bike park not on what was the premier mountain biking mountain your all turning it into an amusement park ride

So how many trail building hours have you put in this year?

Why does Vandeman believe that we had record rainfall and Bobsled was wet?

Sept. 6, 2010, 10:55 a.m.

This year none I quit when trail building started to be paving the mountain now I ride where others don't go and take care of those.

The raw, primitive, unrefined trails that see little to no maintenance are the kinds of trails that really build skill. What kind of skills do you learn riding a trail that was made by a machine, groomed to perfection and void of any rocks, roots or other obstacles that could send you careening over the handlebars?

Sept. 6, 2010, 10:57 a.m.

The north shore is in a precarious position right now. Few of the existing trails have dedicated maintainers; some of trails are in rough shape; rogue lines being rammed through with no thought to thier future sustainability which in turn jeopardizes the building/maintaining permits of other trails. I'm NOT criticizing the lack of volunteers as I do know the scope of what it takes to adopt a trail. But an impossible dilemma takes shape…if no adopter takes on this trail and it deterioates then the NSMBA gets slammed…or if the DNV steps in and trys a solution; then harsh criticism is ensues. Then no one wins.

I'm volunteering as fast as I can.

Sept. 6, 2010, 12:10 p.m.

So this forum is their only current form of ammunition for their battle against us. hmmmmmm.

Life is like riding a bicycle – in order to keep your balance, you must keep moving.

A. Einstein

Sept. 6, 2010, 12:27 p.m.

We did a couple laps of Bobsled this morning. Tons of fun, even in the wet!

flickr

Sept. 6, 2010, 12:45 p.m.

We did a couple laps of Bobsled this morning. Tons of fun, even in the wet!

well that should trash it in a hurry

Sept. 6, 2010, 12:50 p.m.

Perhaps it was designed in a manner that yes even in the wet it can handle traffic. Such a thing exists.

Sept. 6, 2010, 12:57 p.m.

It's going to be hard to keep people off the trail regardless of what's coming out of the sky. I know I can ride it without skidding, and while it sucks that this will not be the case with everyone riding it, what's the point in arguing about it?

flickr

Sept. 6, 2010, 1:12 p.m.

No offence, but it is a trail on the North Shore where it does rain alot. Hopefully the trailbuilders have taken the time to provide proper drainage so that Freight Train in late August doesn't happen to Bobsled (PUNCHED!).

Shed head!

Sept. 6, 2010, 1:30 p.m.

it will be ridden in the wet, otherwise it would be kind of a waste of money to only have it open for 2 months a year. And thats OK - if there are drainage problems we'll fix them. Thats what reasonable people do instead of sitting at home complaining to the DNV that other's are having too much fun in the woods.

guess I won't get quoted by Vandeman :(

WTB Frequency i23 rim, 650b NEW - $40