Bobsled is Open!

Sept. 7, 2010, 12:32 p.m.

almost rode it Saturday morning, but I'm still enjoying floppy too much to detour

crazy fool :S

Sept. 7, 2010, 12:45 p.m.

it's all that, huh? i'll do it on the way out on Saturday morn, it's scheduled for rain though

Sept. 7, 2010, 1:06 p.m.

Everyone here who is all negative with the changes on Fromme. Take a second to think about how much you enjoy riding up in the mountains, enjoying the fresh air and doing what you love most.

Because it could be worse. You could be unable to enjoy this activity at any moment due to a major injury that keeps you away from what you love the most.

This is the side of the glass I am looking in on and I can tell you for a fact that not riding be it tech shore or new style flow sucks in a way you can't put words to.

Be happy with what you got for a back yard folks. It all could be gone in a heartbeat.

Sept. 7, 2010, 1:07 p.m.

Trail is great, couldnt be happier!

Bite me Sharon how dare you compare me to that Craver bitch I don't like what is happening to Fromme I think it is being destroyed ,the trails are being dumbed down to the point you might as well ride mountain highway berms and such belong in a bike park not on what was the premier mountain biking mountain you're all turning it into an amusement park ride

You couldn't be more right about the bit I put in bold. Fromme was the premiere mountain biking mountain and it has since fallen off in popularity quite heavily - why is that? Fromme trails came along and changed mountain biking forever, but when mountain biking evolved fromme did not. It's been nearly impossible to garner support to build newschool trails on fromme thanks to resistance (though when im actually up the mountain it seems like everyone loves the new trail :drunk:) and those illegal trails you spoke of near bobsled and in other areas popped up as a result.

Why cant we have newschool and oldschool trails on fromme? Isn't it fun being able to do one slow technical ride then finish it off by bombing through the woods over some tables and doubles? I don't understand the hate, people act like newschool trails are too easy or "paved" but I dont see them taking the berms or doubles on bobsled properly and I didnt see them taking good lines or even fast lines down the old illegals, maybe its not just about making it down the trail in one piece but how smoothly and quickly you can do it! ;)

Here's to hoping we see a BC cup worthy downhill trail on fromme next :D

Sept. 7, 2010, 3:12 p.m.

Damn!! I'll have to work on my hiding skills…..

You were riding with Andrew right?

Yep! Hard to hide behind a polished rocket, though!

flickr

Sept. 7, 2010, 4:08 p.m.

As someone who rides Fromme fairly often, I would happily volunteer to be part of maintaining the trails.

The problem is, apart from the odd volunteer day, I don't really know how to maintain a trail. Sure I can pound a few nails in where things are falling off, or throw a stone on the pile, but what we REALLY need to do is set up some kind of trail maintenance group, with people who know what they are doing passing down info to those of us who don't know what we're doing (yet) and also syncing up schedules to get stuff done around here.

How can we go about setting that up?

Contact these guys, there is a whole system in place to get you trained up, paired up, adopted to a trail with an official permit etc:

http://nsmba.ca/

I think that [email protected] will get you going in the right direction

(anyone please correct me if I have the wrong email addy).

Please let me demonstrate the ride around; really it's no trouble.

Sept. 8, 2010, 8:25 p.m.

i saw shovels and buckets all over the trail is it cool if i got some bucket fulls of dirt(from obvious holes that have already been used for dirt)and patch up some berms and fill holes and ruts… or do one of the trail builders have to be there…

loam_luver

Sept. 9, 2010, 9:31 a.m.

Last night was the most riders I have ever seen on Fromme. Fun ride - bermalicious :) Thanks to the crew!

I have no filter …

Sept. 9, 2010, 9:35 a.m.

this trail will take significant traffic away from the rest of the mountain. we did 3 laps last night - what a fun ride!

So well built! Nice work James and crew! There are a couple areas you'll probably find need a little adjusting from riders blowing corners or not staying on course, but that's to be expected (the sharp right near the bottom comes to mind)

Sept. 9, 2010, 9:50 a.m.

the sharp right after that really small rock drop right heckler?

can't wait to have my second session on that trail today..

Sept. 9, 2010, 9:56 a.m.

the one that almost jumped me into the forest, narrowly missing the tree on my first lap.

Sept. 9, 2010, 10:07 a.m.

Posted via Mobile Device

didnt know nsmb was only for pros

its not, its only for dicks.

My Flickr

Sept. 9, 2010, 10:08 a.m.

are you working on the mountain right now james lol.

Sept. 9, 2010, 10:10 a.m.

are you working on the mountain right now james lol.

real time trail maintenance, sick!

Sept. 9, 2010, 10:11 a.m.

We built that little Berm yesterday so it wouldn't be a flat corner anymore.
Some adjustments are required and I will work on it this evening after work.

And yes fixing the trail is ok. As long as its done properly I don't see a problem. Thanks for the help!
I'm stoked people are enjoying the trail.
Posted via Mobile Device

didnt know nsmb was only for pros

its not, its only for dicks.

My Flickr