Bobsled is Open!

Sept. 6, 2010, 1:34 p.m.

This year none I quit when trail building started to be paving the mountain now I ride where others don't go and take care of those.

bummer we won't run into you, you sound like a ton of fun

WTB Frequency i23 rim, 650b NEW - $40

Sept. 6, 2010, 3:42 p.m.

Riding in the rain is one thing but the trail is brand new and pretty fresh. Let it settle, give it an honest chance at survival/success.

My .02

DB@EB
Posted via Mobile Device

Lessons, Rentals & Tours - since 2004

www.endlessbiking.com

Facebook Fan Page

Follow us on Twitter

Sept. 6, 2010, 4:32 p.m.

Yes it makes sense the trail has to be sustainable in the rain but it needs time to pack when its wet it creates huge ruts especially in the early stages ride your hearts out on it after a month of pouring rain but theres other trails that are armoured that you can ride. Give it a few weeks and it will be fine.

Sept. 6, 2010, 6:30 p.m.

i'm famous, vandeman quoted me!

Just keep an eye out for people holding handsaws.

Sept. 6, 2010, 7:36 p.m.

Vandeman doesn't understand how to use the word "sustainability" in a sentence when referring to trails. That's about all I got from his tin foil hat rant. What a clown.

Sept. 6, 2010, 7:47 p.m.

This year none I quit when trail building started to be paving the mountain now I ride where others don't go and take care of those.

Then why you gotta be so :swearing:

Sept. 6, 2010, 8:13 p.m.

Just saying here…. But bobsled is all dirt my friend!! no paving here!

didnt know nsmb was only for pros

its not, its only for dicks.

My Flickr

Sept. 6, 2010, 8:15 p.m.

Spotted James riding Bobsled today ;)

flickr

Sept. 6, 2010, 9:47 p.m.

I'm all for respecting the "shore traditionalists", but if you don't like this trail, you must not like mountain biking a whole lot cause it's one of, if not, the funnest trails going. take a look around the rest of BC and this is what some people are riding. Diversity can only help.

as far as vandeman goes, tell him to go out the the valley or the okanagan and see all of the shotgun shells and garbage that get pulled out of the forest by the FVMBA and MTBCO, and then say that mountain bikers and their activities are so bad. And those problems don't even exist on Fromme, thank god.

does vandeman live in NV? judging from what he was saying and the timing of his post he was in the forest around the same time I was the other day…..

Sept. 6, 2010, 11:08 p.m.

Spotted James riding Bobsled today ;)

Damn!! I'll have to work on my hiding skills…..

You were riding with Andrew right?

didnt know nsmb was only for pros

its not, its only for dicks.

My Flickr

Sept. 7, 2010, 6:14 a.m.

does vandeman live in NV? judging from what he was saying and the timing of his post he was in the forest around the same time I was the other day…..

Not unless he is staying at MC's house.

He wrote the letter attempting to sound like a local, probably figuring that it would make council listen to him. Unfortunately, he doesn't realize that everyone, including DNV council knows about him and his lack of credibility. AFAIK, his only local disciple is MC.

Most likely the entire letter was based on NSMB posts as well as C____'s youtube video. The Mountain View info probably came from MC.

Sept. 7, 2010, 6:22 a.m.

He's also been charged with assault with a deadly weapon in the states when he attacked a mountain biker with a saw the guy is a certifiable nut job just search his name if you ever need some entertainment

The raw, primitive, unrefined trails that see little to no maintenance are the kinds of trails that really build skill. What kind of skills do you learn riding a trail that was made by a machine, groomed to perfection and void of any rocks, roots or other obstacles that could send you careening over the handlebars?

Sept. 7, 2010, 10:13 a.m.

Rode this before the rain on Sunday and its sick.So fresh that dirt was flying in my eyes. Cant remember dirt on Fromme period. Just needs to start at seventh to be sicker. Cheers builders!

Sept. 7, 2010, 10:15 a.m.

As someone who rides Fromme fairly often, I would happily volunteer to be part of maintaining the trails.

The problem is, apart from the odd volunteer day, I don't really know how to maintain a trail. Sure I can pound a few nails in where things are falling off, or throw a stone on the pile, but what we REALLY need to do is set up some kind of trail maintenance group, with people who know what they are doing passing down info to those of us who don't know what we're doing (yet) and also syncing up schedules to get stuff done around here.

How can we go about setting that up?

Sept. 7, 2010, 12:25 p.m.

well that should trash it in a hurry

a trail that low on fromme that can't handle the wet?! if that were the case I would shake my non-trail-building-fist at the builders…

almost rode it Saturday morning, but I'm still enjoying floppy too much to detour