Bobsled is Open!

Sept. 15, 2010, 9:39 p.m.

Everyone here who is all negative with the changes on Fromme. Take a second to think about how much you enjoy riding up in the mountains, enjoying the fresh air and doing what you love most.

Because it could be worse. You could be unable to enjoy this activity at any moment due to a major injury that keeps you away from what you love the most.

Sure, it could be worse, but coming back from months of recovery to find one of my fav trails erased for my first ride made it all the worse. I was happy to see that someone built a nice little drop at the beginning of the original Bobsled and I'll miss the rock roll, the other two drops, and, most of all, letting go of the brakes and riding out the rocky sections like a jack hammer. It was not a difficult trail, but it was a lot of fun with few consequences, which is why I liked it. I don't want to insult everyone that spent hundreds of hours erasing the old/building the new trail, but I found it a little boring and was a little shocked to find this after being out for months. I didn't build any of the trail, but I did spend time up there repairing the trail/clearing trees/branches, etc. Anyways, I was a little attached to the original trail and needed to vent. From denial to acceptance…

On a positive note, I seem to be a part of a very small minority and it is a great thing to see so many riders out there, especially the less experienced ones. In fact, I have never seen so many riders or people period on Fromme before. Though, the peacefulness was one of the draws of Fromme to me. :) Though I'm not a big fan of the trail in it's current state and think that trails like this exist elsewhere, it must be quite a positive thing if so many people are enjoying it. So, enjoy away, my friends.

:hurt:

goes off to build a fast rock and boulder laden trail called Jackhammer

Sept. 15, 2010, 10:03 p.m.

You don't need to, just go ride almost any other trail on Fromme.

"I do like how you generally bring an open-minded and positive vibe to the threads you participate in"

- Morgman

Sept. 15, 2010, 10:07 p.m.

Crinkum Crankum could use the effort.

Sept. 15, 2010, 10:07 p.m.

and I suspect anything above the 2nd switchback will be even more peaceful now….

Sept. 15, 2010, 10:10 p.m.

Every trail on Seymour is already a nasty rock fest, just go ride there.

Sept. 15, 2010, 10:18 p.m.

Crinkum Crankum could use the effort.

I would agree. I've touched up a couple of things there, but I'd say some help/direction from experienced hands would be necessary, since I have little.

Every trail on Seymour is already a nasty rock fest, just go ride there.

I've definitely ridden Fromme the most when it comes to the Shore, but I'm slowly discovering Seymour now that I know a few more riders for shuttling.

Sept. 19, 2010, 6:36 p.m.

Trail will be closed for the week (this week) before the grand opening to fix the problem areas. Trail closed sign is posted at the trailhead but if it's not there, please refrain from going down the trail until further notice.

Thanks in advance guys!

didnt know nsmb was only for pros

its not, its only for dicks.

My Flickr

Sept. 21, 2010, 1:51 p.m.

There will always be an abundance of the super technical trails in B.C. no matter what.

I think this trail is a huge step in the right direction. This kind of flowing "blue" trail attracts so many levels of mountain bikers and is a perfect entry to people starting, or wanting to start MTBing… while expert riders can still appreciate and enjoy.