Bike Rescuer pleads guilty on 36 counts

Jan. 14, 2010, 2 p.m.

pffft.y'all need to relax

Jan. 14, 2010, 2:54 p.m.

Enough, Now it is about time for some solutions.

What action will have the biggest impact on bike theft in our back yard?
Lowest cost of implementation with the highest impact.

Your Ideas!

Life is like riding a bicycle – in order to keep your balance, you must keep moving.

A. Einstein

Jan. 14, 2010, 3:01 p.m.

Your Ideas!

OUT OF SIGHT, OUT OF MIND.

Jan. 14, 2010, 3:03 p.m.

it must be raining in the mountains.

i'm guessing his spandex is missing fabric softener on the shammy.

Jan. 14, 2010, 3:21 p.m.

This thread needs more enter key. I'm going blind reading some of the posts.

Jan. 14, 2010, 3:38 p.m.

This just has to be said. Could someone please teach this guy the concept known as paragraphs.

Wtf is your problem? You get a kick out of folggin a dead horse or what? The line you refer to which sums up my "attitude" was "In the end, i dont really give a shit" or something to that extent. All being said and done, i got hosed by Gord into believeing in what he did, I got my bike back (whcih people somehow justify as a bad thing - i have no clue how they come to that conlcusion) and he went to jail. Yea i really dont give a shit about it now that its all out in the open. Its called moving on. I already stated that in the beginning (note the difference between beginning and end) i was stoked on what Gord was doing, offered to help, defended his "bike rescue" model as a good beginning point as a way of returning more stolen bikes in vancouver (how this translates into self serving im not sure). People are free to think and express their opinions and argues them in a meaningful way . Thats all i did. I argued for something that i believed in the beginning was more right than wrong - probably because it worked so well for me - . Wtf did you do about this? Nothin it seems but spam off grupmy shit and accuse me of being self-serving - which is about as far from the truth as you can get if you take time to read the whole thread, this one and the other thread which started a few months ago. Talk about cueing in on one point and hammering it into oblivion. Cant see the forest for hte trees or something like that. I dont have to rationalize any of it. Its the way it went down. If you dont want to see it that way, fine. BUT DONT FUCKIN ACCUSE ME OF BEING SELF SERVING. I would like to think you are above that. I do way more for the mountain bike community than you will ever know.

www.thisiswhy.co.uk

www.teamnfi.blogspot.com/

Jan. 14, 2010, 3:39 p.m.

This thread needs more enter key. I'm going blind reading some of the posts.

I thought it was because I'm three Guinness short today.

Your Ideas!

Simple, shoot on sight, mount head on pike, drink beer and ride bikes.

www.thisiswhy.co.uk

Jan. 14, 2010, 3:52 p.m.

i'm guessing his spandex is missing fabric softener on the shammy.

No - sven guessed right

Jan. 14, 2010, 4:20 p.m.

I do way more for the mountain bike community than you will ever know.

I don't know you from a hole in the wall, but for me, people who make claims like this generally don't actually do a hell of a lot of useful good. Building sketchy trails does NOT help the MTB community. (I don't know if this is what you do…just an example).

Lee and Sharon on the other hand HAVE done a lot for the MTB community - I guarantee it's more than YOU will ever know. If you are as involved as you make yourself out to be in your posts, you would already know this.

In the future - don't e-fight with Lee - you will lose

I have 21,474,850 rep points...

My blog - read it!

http://www.citizenclass.ca

Jan. 14, 2010, 5:30 p.m.

I do way more for the mountain bike community than you will ever know.

Right, post online claiming how much work you do. What are you, 3?

In the future - don't e-fight with Lee - you will lose

No, please continue. It's highly amusing. And besides we haven't had a really good e-fight on here for awhile.

www.thisiswhy.co.uk

Jan. 15, 2010, 2 p.m.

Good lord!! I just realized why I haven't been reading/posting here much recently. After reviewing the last 5 pages, it was like reading a Pinkbike thread pissing contest, only the posters in question are older, "more mature(?)," and better financed. Aside from older, I may have to argue the other traits.

I am friends with people on both sides of this argument, and to see how easily many of you draw conclusions based on tabloids, point fingers and flick shit, and generally disrespect each other to see your words on a page is pretty weak. The way I read it, DUB was happy to get his bike back in the end, and was being pragmatic in that he really could NOT do anything else beyond that point that was not already happening. At least he admitted to a previous failing to all reading this, which was ultimately more difficult than the status quo of talking down from a pedestal like a few others here tend to do more often than not.

Way to bring the mountain bike community together by talking shit to each other like a Pinkbike BMX thread….CLASSIC!!

"If at first you don't succeed, it will definitely leave a mark!!"

facebook.com/robholio

I wish people would stop whining about braking bumps, they happen and thats why there is full suspension, man up ya posers…

sliding downhill is like sex or pizza …even the bad stuff is pretty good

Jan. 17, 2010, 11:23 p.m.

In the future - don't e-fight with Lee - you will lose and he is a Lawyer And we all know about that kind!

Jan. 20, 2010, 8:28 a.m.

Good lord!! I just realized why I haven't been reading/posting here much recently. After reviewing the last 5 pages, it was like reading a Pinkbike thread pissing contest, only the posters in question are older, "more mature(?)," and better financed. Aside from older, I may have to argue the other traits.

Way to bring the mountain bike community together by talking shit to each other like a Pinkbike BMX thread….CLASSIC!!

I totally agree :ohthedrama:

GO HUCK YOUR SELF!

Jan. 20, 2010, 8:40 a.m.

This thread needs more enter key.

Amen!

Paragraphs: An Endangered Species.

-D

Mean People SUCK! Nice People SHOVEL!

Trails For All; Trails For Weather

Jan. 21, 2010, 10:59 a.m.

I am friends with people on both sides of this argument, and to see how easily many of you draw conclusions based on tabloids, point fingers and flick shit, and generally disrespect each other to see your words on a page is pretty weak. The way I read it, DUB was happy to get his bike back in the end, and was being pragmatic in that he really could NOT do anything else beyond that point that was not already happening. At least he admitted to a previous failing to all reading this, which was ultimately more difficult than the status quo of talking down from a pedestal like a few others here tend to do more often than not.

+1!

…and although he was easier to understand, I think Lee actually missed Dub's point entirely and therefore "lost" the "argument". Or lost by making a discussion into an argument. I'm sure the better form and sound but mostly irrelevant logic would have won it for you in court though Lee :)