Bike Rescuer pleads guilty on 36 counts

Jan. 21, 2010, 1:26 p.m.

In the future - don't e-fight with Lee - you will lose and he is a Lawyer And we all know about that kind!

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=yPCU05UjdqE

www.thisiswhy.co.uk

www.teamnfi.blogspot.com/

Jan. 21, 2010, 2:10 p.m.

This is quite the pissoff.

I never posted about Bikerescue before because it was clear as clear can be that the guy was a fence. A scam for stolen goods. I was really mad that a lot of you guys believed he was legitimate. Maybe I should have said something. In my mind saying he is legitimate legitimizes this scum. You guys talk about community? What kind of community is it that supports a bike thief?

For the record, here are some past threads that talked about bike rescue. Yes, some of you in the NSMB community who said you thought he was legit are suckers. I'm sorry if that offends you who I know personally and are my friends (cam initially but see clarification, Lady G) but think about it for a second:

http://bb.nsmb.com/showthread.php?t=105606[HTML_REMOVED]page=5

http://bb.nsmb.com/showthread.php?t=103633

- His biz model is based on you trusting his word
- The more bikes he returns the less money he makes

Don't you (and I mean whoever expressed support for bikerescue) put it on me as being cynical. Don't abdicate responsibility. You guys fell for his line of bullshit. You supported a godamn bike thief. I sincerely hope that if some other business like this ever pops up again that you'll think real hard about legitimizing such shadiness by openly expressing support for it.
Seriously, how on earth could you not see this?

You ask me to move on. After your clarification it's now clear that your comment here "I got my bike back and thats basically all I really give a shit about in the end." was typed poorly and instead of meaning (and I paraphrase) I don't care whether he was a bike thief - I got my bike back and that's all I care about and screw the rest of you - was miscontrued. When I first read that I was blown away that you would say that. Can you now how I or any other reasonable person saying that could not accuse you of being self-serving?

I was blown away because your good work trail-building is so at odds with such a selfish statement. I was pretty disappointed. I'm glad to hear you didn't mean it the way you typed. So now I'm moving on. I accept what you said was poorly expressed and that's the end of it. Hope to ride your trail and will plant some ferns for you.

Wtf is your problem? You get a kick out of folggin a dead horse or what? The line you refer to which sums up my "attitude" was "In the end, i dont really give a shit" or something to that extent. All being said and done, i got hosed by Gord into believeing in what he did, I got my bike back (whcih people somehow justify as a bad thing - i have no clue how they come to that conlcusion) and he went to jail. Yea i really dont give a shit about it now that its all out in the open. Its called moving on. I already stated that in the beginning (note the difference between beginning and end) i was stoked on what Gord was doing, offered to help, defended his "bike rescue" model as a good beginning point as a way of returning more stolen bikes in vancouver (how this translates into self serving im not sure). People are free to think and express their opinions and argues them in a meaningful way . Thats all i did. I argued for something that i believed in the beginning was more right than wrong - probably because it worked so well for me - . Wtf did you do about this? Nothin it seems but spam off grupmy shit and accuse me of being self-serving - which is about as far from the truth as you can get if you take time to read the whole thread, this one and the other thread which started a few months ago. Talk about cueing in on one point and hammering it into oblivion. Cant see the forest for hte trees or something like that. I dont have to rationalize any of it. Its the way it went down. If you dont want to see it that way, fine. BUT DONT FUCKIN ACCUSE ME OF BEING SELF SERVING. I would like to think you are above that. I do way more for the mountain bike community than you will ever know.

Jan. 21, 2010, 2:19 p.m.

+1!

…and although he was easier to understand, I think Lee actually missed Dub's point entirely and therefore "lost" the "argument". Or lost by making a discussion into an argument. I'm sure the better form and sound but mostly irrelevant logic would have won it for you in court though Lee :)

You read the quote again I posted without the clarification and tell me what you think he said. You're mistaken if you think I was just trying to e-fight. I was disgusted that anyone would support that thieving (and thankfully now jailed sack of shit Gord Blackwell. I was very disappointed by Dubprof's attitude but am heartened by his acknowledgment and clarification

I totally agree :ohthedrama:

With what do you agree? Rob's point? Made so poorly?

Good lord!! I just realized why I haven't been reading/posting here much recently. After reviewing the last 5 pages, it was like reading a Pinkbike thread pissing contest, only the posters in question are older, "more mature(?)," and better financed. Aside from older, I may have to argue the other traits.

I am friends with people on both sides of this argument, and to see how easily many of you draw conclusions based on tabloids, point fingers and flick shit, and generally disrespect each other to see your words on a page is pretty weak. The way I read it, DUB was happy to get his bike back in the end, and was being pragmatic in that he really could NOT do anything else beyond that point that was not already happening. At least he admitted to a previous failing to all reading this, which was ultimately more difficult than the status quo of talking down from a pedestal like a few others here tend to do more often than not.

Way to bring the mountain bike community together by talking shit to each other like a Pinkbike BMX thread….CLASSIC!!

Rob - the only thing that pissed me off by Dubprof's earlier comment (which he now clarifies) is sanctimonious fingerpointing by outsiders. You talk about mountain bike community. This is a community where a significant number of people were willing to support a bike thief. Like I said all of you who supported BikeRescue should think real hard about your lack of ability to critically assess anything.

I wasn't talking from a pedestal to e-fight. I wasn't doing this to enhance an e-penis. I was horrified that someone, anyone, could support this thieving criminal even after it was so clear that he was a fence.

This board is better off without you with that kind of completely asinine tripe you just wrote.

Jan. 21, 2010, 4:25 p.m.

You're mistaken if you think I was just trying to e-fight. I was disgusted that anyone would support that thieving (and thankfully now jailed sack of shit Gord Blackwell. I was very disappointed by Dubprof's attitude but am heartened by his acknowledgment and clarification.

I'll take you on you word on that, and agree that his clarification went a long way towards understanding his position. Hopefully our anger towards Gord Blackwell doesn't spill over to those who supported him while fooled by his fraud, as foolish as that may have been.

Feb. 4, 2010, 12:48 p.m.

Like I said all of you who supported BikeRescue should think real hard about your lack of ability to critically assess anything.

For espousing critical thinking, much of what you posted over the last 5 pages just came off as critical, if not judgmental. And to clarify, my comments were not directed solely at you, they were directed at all parties concerned, and I never took a side. I spoke of community, yes, as in clearly communicating with each other about a common issue, as opposed to the "accusation/explanation/justification" exchange that read like American partisan political bantering in a tabloid. For someone with such a strong linguistic acumen that writes so eloquently, I didn't expect what I read. Sorry if that lowers your opinion of me.

This board is better off without you with that kind of completely asinine tripe you just wrote.

Love you, too. It's always nice to know that when I express a dissenting opinion or comment as forcefully and consicely as many of you do that it will be frowned at and looked down upon, hence the pedestal reference. Lastly, isn't tripe a fish?

"If at first you don't succeed, it will definitely leave a mark!!"

facebook.com/robholio

I wish people would stop whining about braking bumps, they happen and thats why there is full suspension, man up ya posers…

sliding downhill is like sex or pizza …even the bad stuff is pretty good

Feb. 4, 2010, 12:53 p.m.

Hey Lee, I bought a bike off of him some years back.

I think its time you think about dialing down your mouth( fingers).

Even I have managed to curb my attitude here.

C4 Rider Training 2013

Contact me at: [email protected]

I am not so good at returning PM's as some have noticed.

c4race.com

Feb. 4, 2010, 1:28 p.m.

Hey Lee, I bought a bike off of him some years back.

Even I have managed to curb my attitude here.

You made a mistake and bought stolen goods. If you feel OK with that then that's your issue.

Feb. 4, 2010, 1:30 p.m.

For espousing critical thinking, much of what you posted over the last 5 pages just came off as critical, if not judgmental. And to clarify, my comments were not directed solely at you, they were directed at all parties concerned, and I never took a side. I spoke of community, yes, as in clearly communicating with each other about a common issue, as opposed to the "accusation/explanation/justification" exchange that read like American partisan political bantering in a tabloid. For someone with such a strong linguistic acumen that writes so eloquently, I didn't expect what I read. Sorry if that lowers your opinion of me.

Love you, too. It's always nice to know that when I express a dissenting opinion or comment as forcefully and consicely as many of you do that it will be frowned at and looked down upon, hence the pedestal reference. Lastly, isn't tripe a fish?

Of course its judgmental. I said it was judgmental. What part of that did I not make clear. It was stupid to view this whole Bikerescue thing as anything but a scam. To be clear this is not about you. I have no opinion of you. I've never even met you. Likewise, what do you care about my opinion of you? This is not about me.

This is about my surprise and disappointment that anyone could think that Bikerescue was anything but a fence. A scam.

Feb. 4, 2010, 1:49 p.m.

You made a mistake and bought stolen goods. If you feel OK with that then that's your issue.

Actually I know who's bike it was. They got the insurance $ the serial # was cleared by the RCMP.

You should get off your high horse.

How lame is it when a professional lawyer spends his time on NSMB arguing with casual members?

We know your a smart guy, spend less time jamming it down our throats Lee.

I hope we can still be friends. I am in no way gonna start a battle with Lee Lau. I hate losing too much…..lol

C4 Rider Training 2013

Contact me at: [email protected]

I am not so good at returning PM's as some have noticed.

c4race.com

Feb. 4, 2010, 2:28 p.m.

No worries corey. I fully intended to let this horse lie - but it got resurrected. We all do things we regret

Feb. 4, 2010, 3:46 p.m.

Wow, I never really looked at this program thoroughly what so ever but i'm not suprised it's lucrative haha. Profiting off stolen bikes, that's legit.

Feb. 4, 2010, 6:28 p.m.

To QuoteLEE LAU "I never posted about Bikerescue before because it was clear as clear can be that the guy was a fence. A scam for stolen goods. I was really mad that a lot of you guys believed he was legitimate. Maybe I should have said something. In my mind saying he is legitimate legitimizes this scum. You guys talk about community? What kind of community is it that supports a bike thief?"

Yeah, maybe you "should have said something", maybe used your holier than thou attitude and command of the English language to actually protect your community at the time. After it's all over, you get on your high horse and tell everyone how you knew all along, and accuse people of writing "asinine tripe" and "this board is better off without" them. Wow, big man.

LEE LAU, I don't know you, and I acknowledge that you take beautiful photos and do some great rides, but you seem to have an over inflated sense of self-importance, and are really excessively and unnecessarily rude to others. Like I said, Big Man.

Feb. 4, 2010, 7:23 p.m.

www.thisiswhy.co.uk

www.teamnfi.blogspot.com/

Feb. 4, 2010, 7:24 p.m.

t-ray

You're absolutely right. I should have stated my opinion then. I really regret not calling out Gord as the thieving scum that he was. My mistake

Feb. 4, 2010, 8:51 p.m.

LEE LAU, I don't know you, and I acknowledge that you take beautiful photos and do some great rides, but you seem to have an over inflated sense of self-importance, and are really excessively and unnecessarily rude to others. Like I said, Big Man.

Well put.