Bike Cellar Update

Jan. 24, 2003, 9:27 p.m.

As you may be aware, after a period of financial difficulty, The Bike Cellar in Vancouver has recently been forced into receivership. In the event that you are unaware of the history of the store I would like to take a moment to share it with you.

It began in May 1985. As passionate cyclists and budding entrepreneurs Leslie and I decided to live our love and open a bike store. We called it The Bike Cellar.

From the day we opened our doors we operated with a very simple formula: great products delivered with exceptional service. We were pleased to see this formula pay off. We were honoured as the Best Bike Store in B.C. by the Bicycle Trade Association of Canada, named as one of the Top 10 bikes stores in Canada by the U.S. trade magazine, Velo Business, and most importantly we were rewarded with a passionate and loyal customer base.

As our business grew to 3 stores strong (Vancouver, North Vancouver and Victoria) our family also grew. With a desire to spend more time with our 2 young children we decided to sell the Vancouver and Victoria stores and continue to operate our store in North Vancouver under the name Dizzy Cycles.

Sadly, the group that purchased our Vancouver store ran into financial difficulty and were unable to sustain the business. With the support of the industry, our clients and family we have chosen to purchase the assets of The Bike Cellar and rebuild the business here in Vancouver.

Starting February 1, we will be clearing out most of The Bike Cellar inventory. Once the remaining inventory has been sold we will be re-opening the Vancouver location under the new name, Dizzy Cycles. We are very pleased that many of our original team will be coming back and that Gord Moreside, who has been with us for over 5 years, will be joining us to manage our Vancouver store.

As a valued Dizzy Cycles customer we hope you're able to take advantage of some of the great savings to be had as we move out the old and get ready for the new. If you would like additional details about the sale please call the Vancouver store at 604-739-6848 or email [email protected]. We look forward to seeing you over the coming weeks.

Warm regards and good cycling.

Paul Sim and Leslie Smith

Jan. 24, 2003, 9:30 p.m.

I actually like Dizzy in NV. It's rare that I actually like a bike shop.

Jan. 24, 2003, 9:33 p.m.

I also would like to say that I have joined the Dizzy team, and will be at the West 4th location full time.

Hopefully I will see you guys there!

Jan. 24, 2003, 10:53 p.m.

well now im gunna be torn between visiting my bud James in NV or stopping in at teh new Dizzy in Van…

hmmm, oh to hell with it, i'll visit both….:D

seee ya there chris…

p.s. any chance your gunna get Dizzy's to sell Balfa?;)

Jan. 25, 2003, 12:16 a.m.

The one is Victoria is now reckless cycles and they still have the same staff. Different owners though.

stuff for sale:
Dainese upper body suit, size medium, brand new and never worn $200
email me for details: [email protected]

Jan. 25, 2003, 1:36 a.m.

Here's a quick q for ya…for bikes purchased from the Bike Cellar within the past year, will Dizzy be dealing with warranty claims? My bud bought an 02 Big Hit there and would like to know…

Glad to hear that the shop won't be turned into another blasted kitchen gadget store on 4th :) Better luck to the new owners

the teh

Jan. 25, 2003, 1:39 a.m.

goood to hear that theres bikeshops opening and the truobles over came :thepimp:

Jan. 25, 2003, 1:50 a.m.

To all Bike Cellar customers,

As you may be aware, after a period of financial difficulty, The Bike Cellar has recently been forced into receivership. In the event that you are unaware of the history of the store I would like to take a moment to share it with you.

It began in May 1985. As passionate cyclists and budding entrepreneurs Leslie and I decided to live our love and open a bike store. We called it The Bike Cellar.

From the day we opened our doors we operated with a very simple formula: great products delivered with exceptional service. We were pleased to see this formula pay off. We were honoured as the Best Bike Store in B.C. by the Bicycle Trade Association of Canada, named as one of the Top 10 bikes stores in Canada by the U.S. trade magazine, Velo Business, and most importantly we were rewarded with a passionate and loyal customer base.

As our business grew to 3 stores strong (Vancouver, North Vancouver and Victoria) our family also grew. With a desire to spend more time with our 2 young children we decided to sell the Vancouver and Victoria stores and continue to operate our store in North Vancouver under the name Dizzy Cycles.

Sadly, the group that purchased our Vancouver store ran into financial difficulty and were unable to sustain the business. With the support of the industry, our clients and family we have chosen to purchase the assets of The Bike Cellar and rebuild the business here in Vancouver.

Starting February 1, we will be clearing out most of The Bike Cellar inventory. Once the remaining inventory has been sold we will be re-opening at this location under the new name, Dizzy Cycles. We are very pleased that many of our original team will be coming back and that Gord Moreside, who has been with us for over 5 years, will be joining us to manage our Vancouver store.

If you recently purchased a bike from The Bike Cellar, we want to assure you that we will honour the warranties offered by the previous owners. In the mean time, we hope you're able to take advantage of some of the great savings to be had as we move out the old and get ready for the new. If you would like additional details about the sale please call the Vancouver store at 604-739-6848 or email [email protected]. If you would like to get to know us better we invite you to visit our website at www.dizzycycles.com. We look forward to seeing you over the coming weeks.

Warm regards and good cycling,

Paul Sim Leslie Smith

Jan. 25, 2003, 1:55 a.m.

Originally posted by Xayvian
**To all Bike Cellar customers,

If you recently purchased a bike from The Bike Cellar, we want to assure you that we will honour the warranties offered by the previous owners. In the mean time, we hope you're able to take advantage of some of the great savings to be had as we move out the old and get ready for the new. If you would like additional details about the sale please call the Vancouver store at 604-739-6848 or email [email protected]. If you would like to get to know us better we invite you to visit our website at www.dizzycycles.com. We look forward to seeing you over the coming weeks.

Warm regards and good cycling,

Paul Sim Leslie Smith **

Thanks a bunch :) I'll let my friend know :)

the teh

Jan. 25, 2003, 2:33 a.m.

yeah

That's the CRAZY CANADIAN!
www.roteccycles.com
www.grcomponents.com

Jan. 25, 2003, 4:26 a.m.

what did they have? like in stock?

Jan. 25, 2003, 10:36 a.m.

As a member of the Bike Cellar MB club I'm glad to hear that someone is taking over the business.

How about free maintenance? When I bought my bike last year it included a year of this?

Jan. 25, 2003, 11:47 a.m.

Originally posted by Crazy Canuck
**I also would like to say that I have joined the Dizzy team, and will be at the West 4th location full time.

Hopefully I will see you guys there! **

gratz chris. when does this take effect?

and is there any bloody parking on 4th?

'cac

www.RacquetChat.com

Jan. 25, 2003, 12:16 p.m.

Originally posted by Ipecac

'cac **

there's loads of parking 7 days a week…4 lanes of it :lol: Man does it ever suck to drive on 4th.

the teh

Jan. 25, 2003, 12:38 p.m.

Originally posted by Ipecac
**gratz chris. when does this take effect?

'cac **

We've been cleaning the place up a bit recently to get ready for the blowout sale. The sale will start Feb 1st. March 1st it will open as Dizzy Cycles.

There is parking out back in the alley way, and on 5th avenue you can find loads of parking, people just don't look for it, but its there.