"Bicyclists need to stay on sidewalk"

June 17, 2009, 3:47 p.m.

It's steel and retro.

For steel and retro, pick up a classic steel hardtail. Run 1x9 gearing and an older XC wheelset with 1.4 or 1.5 slick tires, and it will be plenty light and fast. Rigid steel fork of course.

"The song of a bird…We used to ask Ennesson to do bird calls. He could do them. How he could do them, and when he perished, along with him went all those birds…"-Return from the Stars, Stanislaw Lem

"We just walk around, and sometimes we go out and dance, and then we listen to the environment."-Ralf Hutter, Kraftwerk

June 17, 2009, 3:50 p.m.

For steel and retro, pick up a classic steel hardtail. Run 1x9 gearing and an older XC wheelset with 1.4 or 1.5 slick tires, and it will be plenty light and fast. Rigid steel fork of course.

Yeah, I like this idea. Thanks.

Wrong. Always.

June 18, 2009, 8:22 a.m.

Broadway is a perfectly excellent place to ride a bike. Both off broadway routes are pure lameness.

If you average 10 km/h they're okay I guess.

www.natooke.com

June 18, 2009, 1:53 p.m.

this kind of post about not riding on the road drives me crazy… what then are we supposed to do with road bikes? the guy is probably an over weight slob that is so unfit that his brain has stopped working properly.

Meh
Lets Ride…

June 19, 2009, 10:07 a.m.

A 29er hardtail or fully rigid would make a pretty good commuter with the right tires I reckon. Hmmm….

Wrong. Always.

June 19, 2009, 2:44 p.m.

Got a new plan. Drive to Pitt Meadows and park there somewhere (airport?) Then bike over the Golden Beers Bridge. Nice scenic ride. Kona King Kahuna 29er with Schwalbe Big Apples ftmfw. This way I can have a more scenic ride, avoid whalley/skytrain skidmarks, get more exercise and piss off thatgirl because I'm still polluting the earth with a car. It's a win all around.

Wrong. Always.

June 19, 2009, 2:55 p.m.

Got a new plan. Drive to Pitt Meadows and park there somewhere (airport?) Then bike over the Golden Beers Bridge. Nice scenic ride. Kona King Kahuna 29er with Schwalbe Big Apples ftmfw. This way I can have a more scenic ride, avoid whalley/skytrain skidmarks, get more exercise and piss off thatgirl because I'm still polluting the earth with a car. It's a win all around.

Jealous. That golden ears ride will be nice :beer:

June 19, 2009, 9:08 p.m.

This way I can have a more scenic ride, avoid whalley/skytrain skidmarks, get more exercise and piss off thatgirl because I'm still polluting the earth with a car. It's a win all around.

what the hell??? why the hate? I never said anything about people driving cars or riding bikes…other than that I really don't like it when cyclist ride side by side on the road, as it is dangerous for them as well as drivers. That was, and still is, my only point. I drive as well, so am also guilty of pollution.

I may have expressed some incredulity at the fact that someone would willingly drive 60 kms to go to work. I still find it amazing, but don't hate me for that. Or do. I don't actually care! :)

:canada: :swiss:

June 19, 2009, 11:06 p.m.

You have not only pissed off Thatgirl but you have pissed off Old Man Hubbard.

www.thisiswhy.co.uk

www.teamnfi.blogspot.com/

June 20, 2009, 9:39 p.m.

Kona Smoke is 700c with big meats, steel, cheap. no discs, tho.

for commuting I wouldn't suggest a suspension fork, you'll chew that shit up right quick.

Check my stuff for sale!

June 22, 2009, 10:05 a.m.

what the hell??? why the hate? I never said anything about people driving cars or riding bikes…other than that I really don't like it when cyclist ride side by side on the road, as it is dangerous for them as well as drivers. That was, and still is, my only point. I drive as well, so am also guilty of pollution.

I may have expressed some incredulity at the fact that someone would willingly drive 60 kms to go to work. I still find it amazing, but don't hate me for that. Or do. I don't actually care! :)

;) I was just kidding around. No hate. Just a poor attempt at humor on my part.

Wrong. Always.

June 22, 2009, 12:30 p.m.

;) I was just kidding around. No hate. Just a poor attempt at humor on my part.

I see your winky face and raise a :dog: and 2 :lemon:
:)

:canada: :swiss:

June 22, 2009, 1:27 p.m.

I see your winky face and raise a :dog: and 2 :lemon:
:)

:rave:

Wrong. Always.